Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- Gujs - 2010-06-03

Razor_109 Wrote:which hack did you use? i found 2 possible hacks so far.

The first will always set the pixmap to 1920*1080 as far as i understand.
The second will only do this when pixmap = 0x0 right?

I would be pleased to see this in your build aswell, maybe make it an advancedsettings.xml option?
I used the second one. But I will try to get it somehow working over tvheadend pvr client. It will still be a hack, but it will be possible to disable it in tvheadend pvr client configuration.

Razor_109 Wrote:another problem i suffer from is the terrible deinterlacing capabilities.. with normal tv broadcasting i don't notice this that much.

But (especially with the upcomming Soccer Wold Cup) with sporting broadcasting for example soccer it's terrible to watch using the standard Deinterlacer from FFmpeg, but in my opinion the VDPAU deinterlacers are not that much better either.

Someone else figured some way to solve this issue? i guess it's quite a important one since to be a succesfull PVR-Frontend good deinterlacing is a must right?
Yeah, I know. I am also very disapointed over vdpau de-interlacing implementation in xbmc. I rather use normal sw de-interlace with lancoz3 optimized scaling.

I was also hoping that vaapi de-interlace will be better, but it is still not supported in xbmc.
pixi Wrote:Hello!

Thanks for a superior XBMC Build.

I have run Gujs build for a while now and everything is works great but i have one strange problem.

The epg time on XBMC is 1 hour wrong. when i go to tvheadend's webpage all the channel time is right, and the time on the server is also right (http://pixi.nu/temp_picture/2)
i have also verify that tvheadend and the tvguide on internet is right.

but in XBMC the time is wrong. does everyone else have this problem ??
( http://pixi.nu/temp_picture/1)

/Andreas Henriksson

Can you check in xbmc if you set the right tiime zone country. You can set this in settings > appearance > International.

xbmcuser2000 Wrote:Thanks, Gujs!

I have tried setting timers from the timeline GUI and from the list of channels and from the OSD record button. The result for me is that it fails randomly with a server error message. I cant find a cause-efect relation that can explain why fails too often.

I am in Spain. UTC+1 (UTC+2 in summer time (now)).

This is the log when the error occurs.

And this when setting timer works fine.

The pastebin with the entire log.
http://pastebin.com/MY45T3WE

Edit: Starttime and stoptime =0 in the error log is very suspicious...

It is definitely start and stop time problem. For now add timer depends on it to get the right program id from EPG. Do you use xmltv for your EPG?
Please try this. Find the program that doesn't work. And then go to Settings > TV and Clear TV Database. Then try it again. If it will work try to find if any other program fail. But don't restart XBMC between all this.

Then if all recording will work, restart xbmc and try to record more shows. But now I expect errors again.

- gururu - 2010-06-03

Does VDPAU only broke on HD channels ?

I'm using XBMC Live 9.11 Repack 1 and Tvheadend SVN(I've forgot the exact #, but newer than 2.11), the VDPAU works fine on SD H.264 channels, and I don't have any H.264 HD channel sources to test Sad

- nunu - 2010-06-03

Hi,
from a while i can't connect anymore to tvheadend backend from XBMC pvr-testing2.
Both ubuntu are under 10.04 (problem with Live TV and htsp://) . I have the issue on local or remote computer.

But it works if i use htsp on an svn trunk.

So i certainly missed something, but i don't have any idea what to check ?!

I use tvheadend 11.

regards
Nunu

- Gujs - 2010-06-03

you have to edit .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.hts/settings.xml manually to fix host value. And then restart xbmc. I will try to fix that for next version.

- xbmcuser2000 - 2010-06-03

Gujs Wrote:It is definitely start and stop time problem. For now add timer depends on it to get the right program id from EPG. Do you use xmltv for your EPG?
Please try this. Find the program that doesn't work. And then go to Settings > TV and Clear TV Database. Then try it again. If it will work try to find if any other program fail. But don't restart XBMC between all this.

Then if all recording will work, restart xbmc and try to record more shows. But now I expect errors again.

I have verified that if I clear the TV database or delete de EPG (i prefer this option because it keep the channels ordered) then the PVR works perfectly, but If then I restart XBMC then it fails again. If the EPG was deleted automaticaly at XBMC restart PVR always would work fine. Perhaps setting the EPG update to a short period of time in TV options... i will try...

PD: I dont use xmltv. The EPG is obtained from the DVB-T signal.

- moontan77 - 2010-06-03

what are Continuity counter error's?

I seem to be getting a lot them with tvheadend 2.11 even though my signal is 100%

- Gujs - 2010-06-03

xbmcuser2000 Wrote:I have verified that if I clear the TV database or delete de EPG (i prefer this option because it keep the channels ordered) then the PVR works perfectly, but If then I restart XBMC then it fails again. If the EPG was deleted automaticaly at XBMC restart PVR always would work fine. Perhaps setting the EPG update to a short period of time in TV options... i will try...

PD: I dont use xmltv. The EPG is obtained from the DVB-T signal.
What I find very strange is, if you reload EPG, you always have start and stop time in PVR_PROGINFO. But when you restart XBMC you lose this information. We have to find out if it is not in tv database after restart. Or maybe it is changed in tvheadend and it is not updated in xbmc yet. Strange is that I can't repeat this on my DVB-S EPG.
moontan77 Wrote:what are Continuity counter error's?

I seem to be getting a lot them with tvheadend 2.11 even though my signal is 100%
If tvheadend is reporting this, then must be something wrong with reception.

- ant_thomas - 2010-06-03

Is there a way for me to change the channel order for Tvheadend in this build? I've got all the channel numbers setup correctly within the TVHeadend interface but in XBMC everything is in alphabetical order. I know I can move each channel individually in the settings but that will take ages. I'd much rather just edit a file manually.

- moontan77 - 2010-06-03

Reception is fine, it doesnt seem to actually affect the video/audio from what i can see. Just seems strange why there appearing in the log.

- ant_thomas - 2010-06-04

Is there any chance an updated build of tvheadend can be put up at https://launchpad.net/~gregor-fuis/+archive/xbmc-pvr ?

- xbmcuser2000 - 2010-06-04

Gujs Wrote:What I find very strange is, if you reload EPG, you always have start and stop time in PVR_PROGINFO. But when you restart XBMC you lose this information. We have to find out if it is not in tv database after restart. Or maybe it is changed in tvheadend and it is not updated in xbmc yet. Strange is that I can't repeat this on my DVB-S EPG.

I have seen the TV database before and just after the restart and it seems to have the same information about the program that I have tried to record.

The log and the database just after the EPG clear and reload, with a succesfully timer added:
Log
TV database

The log and the database just after the XBMC restart, with a failed timer over the same program (named "La Noche En 24 Horas"):
Log
TV database

Apart of this little problem with new exciting PVR function (at least I can add timer perfectly if i reload the EPG) (thanks again), I have detected that with this last versión (or maybe since the previous (i am not sure because the two versions were released very fast)) there is more errors in the playback of the channels (especially with the channel number 1) than in previous versions. It does not seem a problem with the signal because with kaffeine all the channels are reproduced correctly. ¿Was there any change that could affect the playback /decodification within the last updates?

Edit: I have seen that the errors in playback coincide with continuity errors in the log of tvheadend so it seems a problem of it.

- nunu - 2010-06-04

Gujs : thanks it works for tvheadend.
Just have to check for VDPAU and HDTV !!

regards
nunu

Wrong boot order? - giuliocoluccia - 2010-06-04

Hello, I have XBMC and tvheadend installed under ubuntu 10.04. I have a problem (I suppose) with the init.d script. I mean: I can watch TV (from a DVB-T adapter) if after a reboot I kill the autostarted process by
Code:
sudo killall tvheadend
and then restarting it again by
Code:
tvheadend -f
Then I start XBMC inside Ubuntu and everything works fine.

I would like tvheadend to autostart correctly, both under Gnome and when XBMC is started as a stand alone session. What can I do? Thanks for your help.

- jeepcook - 2010-06-04

I compiled the last pvr-testing2 svn (30817) and the tvheadend addon and other pvr addons are broken. In fact now the addon must have a addon.xml file and for the moment only description.xml is available. In fact pvr-testing2 branh has been merged yesterday with trunk svn.

If I rename description.xml in addon.xml, I have this error:

WARNING: ADDON: cpluff: 'Suspicious plug-in descriptor content in /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.hts/addon.xml, line 2, column 1 (ignoring u
nexpected element addoninfo and its contents).'
ERROR: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in descriptor in /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.hts is invalid.'

- infabo - 2010-06-04

on the day when vdpau will work on tv-channels i'm gonna....i don't know what Undecided