Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- Razor_109 - 2010-10-08

@dushmaniac

cool, thanks for the information. I'm very pleased with the current state of xbmc-pvr2 + tvheadend and cant wait for further progress after Dharma-Final has been released!

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-08

yeah I haven't been looking into the changes from the dharma branch yet. might look into merging those changes later, but that'll take a lot of time Smile

little update of my build:
Code:
* updated .gitignore so build files won't be included
  * updated Dutch language files for xbmc and confluence (by cobradevil,
    ticket #9841)

- Schumi - 2010-10-08

Is anybody know how can i get current pvr2+dharma2 combination on windows ?

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-09

Schumi Wrote:Is anybody know how can i get current pvr2+dharma2 combination on windows ?
As far as I know nobody did a merge with the current dharma branch yet, so the answer is no.

Secondly, this is a topic about tvheadend in xbmc...

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-09

I just uploaded a patched version of tvheadend to my ppa. It has the signal status patch from http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/ticket/300 and the encryption reporting patch from http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/ticket/299 applied.

Only reports the signal quality for DVB tuners.

Gujs Wrote:@dushmaniac
- the radio channels have choppy audio sometimes
This might be the same problem I had with choppy video. That is why I implemented skip first I frame in HTS pvr-client. I suspect that media player buffer is the problem. But I don't know how to control it. It would be great if playback of media is started when both audio and video buffer is filled with enough data.
were you running tvheadend with the signal status patch? because I had choppy audio with the original patch. it did a couple of ioctl calls in the output that could be slow and would block the output thread. it also messed with the dvb frontend's counters that are used in dvb_fe.c so you shouldn't be using that one.

I don't have any choppy audio anymore with my updated version.

edit:
meh, it's still choppy sometimes, but a lot less. buffering problem I guess.

- Razor_109 - 2010-10-09

dushmaniac Wrote:I just uploaded a patched version of tvheadend ....

I've just tried your XBMC-PVR2 version with the new patches. I manually patched my tvheadend for both the CAID-patch as the Signal-patch since my tvserver is running Karmic.

When playing LiveTV the femon-signalstatus is now reporting correctly! But however the Encryption still says: Free To Air and it should be Irdeto2. (Not using CAM-device but the internal Softcam of Tvheadend.)

I can't seem to see the CAID anywhere too.. is this a normal behaviour or could it be due to tvheadend running on Karmic?

- RoboSK - 2010-10-09

a) same here, Free to Air - scrambled with Cryptoworks - many CAID...
b) patched Tvheadend svn:4944 with caid+sig.q. - sig.q. show ok but after switching to channel where is source v4l (PVR-500) Tvheadend crash, later i retest, maybe it is "normal" random crash...

- outleradam - 2010-10-09

Still waiting on hdhomerun support. Hdhomerun is the easiest piece of hardware to add. If you'd like I can open some ports on my router and send you a pm with my ip so you can play with it.

- Razor_109 - 2010-10-09

RoboSK Wrote:a) same here, Free to Air - scrambled with Cryptoworks - many CAID...
b) patched Tvheadend svn:4944 with caid+sig.q. - sig.q. show ok but after switching to channel where is source v4l (PVR-500) Tvheadend crash, later i retest, maybe it is "normal" random crash...

a PVR-500 is this a Analog receiver as i recall? I guess this isn't supported for the Signal Quality Patch.

Hence the post from dushmaniac: 'Only reports the signal quality for DVB tuners.'

- RoboSK - 2010-10-09

PVR-500 is analog, i have into SAT PC
1x Satix Dual DVB-S2 V2
1x dual Analog PVR-500

into web config Tvheadend is "Monitor signal quality" only for DVB-S, not PVR-500 - maybee this patch need change to dont work for v4l devices...but next morning i retest this...

- Schumi - 2010-10-09

dushmaniac Wrote:As far as I know nobody did a merge with the current dharma branch yet, so the answer is no.

Secondly, this is a topic about tvheadend in xbmc...

I ask this because i already have dedicated tvheadend server. But in my htpc i prefer win7. I'm currently using tvheadend in my laptop with VLC via WiFi and htpc with xbmc via rdps.

- myksterx - 2010-10-10

hi guys, just wondering, does this work with dharma 2?

if so, any advice on setting it up?

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-10

Razor_109 Wrote:I've just tried your XBMC-PVR2 version with the new patches. I manually patched my tvheadend for both the CAID-patch as the Signal-patch since my tvserver is running Karmic.

When playing LiveTV the femon-signalstatus is now reporting correctly! But however the Encryption still says: Free To Air and it should be Irdeto2. (Not using CAM-device but the internal Softcam of Tvheadend.)

I can't seem to see the CAID anywhere too.. is this a normal behaviour or could it be due to tvheadend running on Karmic?
that's because you probably already have a TV channels database with CAID set to 0. the CAID won't be set until the channel changes or if you clear your TV channels database. the reason is that the channel didn't change, so nothing will be updated.

please use the updated signal status patch I posted on tvheadend's trac (which is down at the moment so I can't link it). the old one blocks tvheadend's output thread for a little while every second when it sends a status update.

myksterx Wrote:hi guys, just wondering, does this work with dharma 2?

if so, any advice on setting it up?
reading is hard, isn't it?

- dongioia - 2010-10-10

Hi, I just compiled the Tvheadend SVN-r5450 version.
My linux box is running Ubuntu Maverick 64bit and XBMC PVR-testing2 (manual compiled).
The xbmc pvr addon can't connect to tvheadend server. I don't get any error message, but the channel list is empty.
If I add the path to the server ( htsp://127.0.0.1:9982 ) in the "videos" section of xbmc, I can see the channels list and watch the streamings, but without the benefits of the pvr addon.
Any clues?
Thanks in advance

P.S. I checked the logs: the xbmc pvr addon connects to tvheadend, but it doesn't retrive the channels list.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-10

dongioia Wrote:Hi, I just compiled the Tvheadend SVN-r5450 version.
My linux box is running Ubuntu Maverick 64bit and XBMC PVR-testing2 (manual compiled).
The xbmc pvr addon can't connect to tvheadend server. I don't get any error message, but the channel list is empty.
If I add the path to the server ( htsp://127.0.0.1:9982 ) in the "videos" section of xbmc, I can see the channels list and watch the streamings, but without the benefits of the pvr addon.
Any clues?
Thanks in advance

P.S. I checked the logs: the xbmc pvr addon connects to tvheadend, but it doesn't retrive the channels list.
did you get the source directly from svn? if so, the tvheadend addon there is broken. there are patches posted that fix the channel bug a few posts back.

you could also try my ppa build that already includes those patches