Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=51981)

- Pabs - 2009-09-15

whufclee Wrote:Can only comment on xbox platform, not sure what you are on but...

I've got 4 xboxes here all running on different builds but justin.tv is working on all of them (the oldest build is one of the nightly builds from about a month ago so if yours is older than that maybe you need to update xbmc). I did have a slight problem with justin.tv a few days ago, updated it from the svn installer but it didn't work for some reason so I installed from the xbmczone insaller plugin and all was fine. As for movie plugins there are plenty out there but they keep changing their website structures which means the plugin breaks but usually the plugin author is on the case to fix it pretty quickly, personally I'd recommend nixa's great watchnewfilms plugin, just do a search.

Thanks for your reply.

I am using an XBOX. Smile

I realise this is such a simple question to ask, and i apologise in advance - but where do i get the nightly builds? I got my XBMC from the t3ch site, its the XBMC-9.04.1-FIXED-BABYLON-T3CH, and got the justin.tv 1.4.10 from here i think. I tried typing nightly build into the search, but couldnt seem to find it.

Should i just constantly update the build and use the new justin.tv (i think its 1.4.11)

Again, i'm sorry for being a bit of a noob, but i'm really not all that technical and am trying to learn as i go, sometimes the tutorials/info on sites is a bit beyond my current understanding!

Thanks loads.

Paul. Smile

- whufclee - 2009-09-15

Pabs Wrote:I realise this is such a simple question to ask, and i apologise in advance - but where do i get the nightly builds?

No probs we've all been there searching through the forums for noob help at some time. Just do a google search for xbmc nightly build and it's the first link. Unless you want the media flagging version (which is still in testing stages) just use the standard xbox download, not patched. If you want to use the patched version then feel free to do so but be ready to do a lot of searching through forums to work out how to use it without getting your xbox freezing. When installing I'd recommend using an FTP client from PC and deleting everything on drive Q first (except UserData, Plugins & Scripts) and then FTP over your new build. If you just simply overwrite the old files you could end up with a lot of bugs.

If you want any help regarding installing xbmc please search for an appropriate thread, these threads can get a little messy if we start talking about different problems in the same thread. Hopefully that should start you off in the right direction - good luck.

- stacked - 2009-09-15

Pabs Wrote:I'm really lost.

I just cant seem to get justin.tv to work anymore. When it starts it says i need to upgrade, but according to svn the new version is incompatable.

In a nutshell, what version of XBMC do i need on my xbox to get the justin.tv plugin, new or old version, to work properly?

I can get the plugin to start, and one stream to work, (sometimes) then when i try to change it to another stream it just crashes the system.

Sorry if i'm a bit of a noob, but it took me ages to get my xbox to this stage, and i watched the justin.tv plugin all the time, and now all i can really do with the box is stream my media to my tv....which i could have done with an s-video cable! If i'm honest a lot of the plugins seem to have problems for me.

Any advice is really welcome! I really want my box to work, especially justin.tv and movie plugins! Sad

Thanks loads. Smile

Paul.

Dude Huh....on the first post of this thread, I wrote in bold red informing people what build to use and where to get it. There is also a link on my sig. Open your eys some Shocked....lol Laugh

- isiddiqi - 2009-09-24

Hi stacked,

I guess something changed again on JTV site, the plugin stopped working. It started to give Python Plugin Error starting today.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

- stacked - 2009-09-24

Fixed. get v1.4.12

btw, I made a plugin for ATDHE.Net (Live Sports TV)
http://code.google.com/p/plugin/downloads/list

It currently only plays Justin.tv streams.

- isiddiqi - 2009-09-24

You are the best man. Thx.

If you have time do you think its possible to get channelsurfing.net plugin going as well? I hope there could be a lot of reuse from Justin.tv there as all seem like rtmp streams there as well.

I noticed there was an effort made in the past to get a script done for that site, but it seems it does not work. In case you want to take up that as time permits.

That new plugin looks interesting, will give it a try. Am a sports fan and anything related to Sports is always appreciated very much and also adds to the great XBMC plugins library

- Pinus2 - 2009-09-24

Hi, SVN say me "incompatible" for the new 1.4.12 version, i use xbmc on appletv, can you help me?

- stacked - 2009-09-24

Pinus2 Wrote:Hi, SVN say me "incompatible" for the new 1.4.12 version, i use xbmc on appletv, can you help me?

You might have to update XBMC. What build are you using?

btw, try using the Zone Installer or install the plugin manually.

isiddiqi Wrote:You are the best man. Thx.

If you have time do you think its possible to get channelsurfing.net plugin going as well? I hope there could be a lot of reuse from Justin.tv there as all seem like rtmp streams there as well.

I noticed there was an effort made in the past to get a script done for that site, but it seems it does not work. In case you want to take up that as time permits.

That new plugin looks interesting, will give it a try. Am a sports fan and anything related to Sports is always appreciated very much and also adds to the great XBMC plugins library

Oh, I forgot about that site. I'll check it out later. I'm probably just gonna end up adding all these streaming sites that use Justin.tv into one plugin. I'm not sure when I'll have time again, maybe by Sunday night.

- Pinus2 - 2009-09-24

Can you tell me how i can unistall the 1.4.11 version and install the 1.4.12 manually?

- stacked - 2009-09-24

Pinus2 Wrote:Can you tell me how i can unistall the 1.4.11 version and install the 1.4.12 manually?

Look on my sig for the wiki Rolleyes

- darkpollo - 2009-09-26

stacked Wrote:There is nothing much I can do. Remember that plugins are made to scrape video urls from a website and XBMC plays the urls. The plugin has no influence on how the video plays or the quality of the video. The video playback is all determined by your internet connection, the justin.tv stream severs, and the justin.tv broadcaster. There should be no differences in streaming between plugin versions. Usually when the justin.tv servers are congested or slow, it's hard to get connected to a stream within XBMC.

Understood, Thanks for the answer anyway. Smile
The diference with the first version of the plugin that works with previous versions of XBMC is that when the stream is congested, the image stops, but the pause button is not pressed automatically, so when the buffer fill up again, it starts playing.
Now what happen is that the pause is pressed, so until i press the pause again, the video is stopped, so i need to press the button every 5 minutos or something like that.

I do not know if that can be fixed in the XBMC by the plugin or manually.

Thanks.

- stacked - 2009-09-26

darkpollo Wrote:Understood, Thanks for the answer anyway. Smile
The diference with the first version of the plugin that works with previous versions of XBMC is that when the stream is congested, the image stops, but the pause button is not pressed automatically, so when the buffer fill up again, it starts playing.
Now what happen is that the pause is pressed, so until i press the pause again, the video is stopped, so i need to press the button every 5 minutos or something like that.

I do not know if that can be fixed in the XBMC by the plugin or manually.

Thanks.

Are you using the plugin from the xbox? I noticed that when I use the plugin from the xbox, the stream starts off pause (buffering). But when I use the plugin on my PC, the stream plays immediately. The only reason I can think of for these differences is that the xbox is slow. Again, there is nothing I can do about this. It's not really a big issue.

- darkpollo - 2009-09-26

stacked Wrote:Are you using the plugin from the xbox? I noticed that when I use the plugin from the xbox, the stream starts off pause (buffering). But when I use the plugin on my PC, the stream plays immediately. The only reason I can think of for these differences is that the xbox is slow. Again, there is nothing I can do about this. It's not really a big issue.

No, i am using a windows vista computer.

Well, i have been trying more options and it looks like the buffer really doesnt work. I can wait until i have 100% buffer and when i play again, the video acelerate so the cache is no longer used... and after 5 minutes again buffer at 0% and the stream stops.

Something happens with the new versions that make the cache to work worse than the others.

is there any settings for the cache size in the plugin that can be changed?

- minichris - 2009-10-29

Ive searched the thread for an existing issue but cant find one so here goes..

Using Live with working analog audio over HDMI for everything I cant get any audio for the streams. I just get an audio failed to initialise error.

Can you help please?

- stacked - 2009-10-29

I experienced audio problems on very old builds of XBMC, but I don't have those problems any more.

What build of XBMC are you using?

btw, can you get sound with regular stereo speakers?