Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=51981)

- draalin - 2012-03-02

You mean this?

divingmule Wrote:Hi, those instructions are for Apple TV 2.

For XBMC Live you'll need to build and install rtmpdump.

First install some dependencies.
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential git-core checkinstall libssl-dev

Now for rtmpdump, enter each line one at a time.
Code:
git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump
cd rtmpdump
make
sudo checkinstall  --pkgname rtmpdump --pkgversion "2.4."
sudo ldconfig

If you still can't get the streams to play, this is kind of a hack Blush
Code:
sudo cp -v rtmpdump/librtmp/librtmp.so.0 /usr/share/xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/

I happen to get an error doing this line.

sudo checkinstall --pkgname rtmpdump --pkgversion "2.4."

Am I suppose to change "2.4." to something else?

edit: i didn't think eden required this but I did anyways, but ya that one line above is giving me problems.

- toine512 - 2012-03-02

Oh, I'm glad to see this addon maintained now !
Thanks

- Vrok - 2012-03-02

Hey divingmule. Remember me? We did that pipes addon together.

This is working far better than that and I'd like to request own3d.tv support for it if it's possible to implement

- divingmule - 2012-03-02

mustardParty Wrote:Hey guys,

I've been using Boxee for a long time, and while it never really made me truly happy, it never hit me or yelled at me.

J/K, kinda, but anyway, now that the Boxee team has walked away from supporting their desktop offspring I want to come back to the fatherland.

On my test machine I had an old camelot build, which I over-wrote with the very latest version of eden (the RC, not beta3). This a OS X machine running 10.6.8. Downloaded the jtv zip from the repo, went to add it, and immediately got the error:

I've been away from xbmc for a long time, things are very different now. Is there anything that spells out dependencies? JTV is my first test to see if I can migrate back - my girl and I watch JTV all the time on Boxee - seems like it's possible on XBMC but...?

Hi, did you use "install from zip" from - Settings>Add-ons, when installing? If not dependencies won't get installed, thus the error. If you get listings but videos won't play, you'll also likely have to update your librtmp. Maybe check this thread for that, I don't know much about the OS X stuff.

draalin Wrote:I happen to get an error doing this line.

sudo checkinstall --pkgname rtmpdump --pkgversion "2.4."

Am I suppose to change "2.4." to something else?
edit: i didn't think eden required this but I did anyways, but ya that one line above is giving me problems.

Yeah, my bad. Maybe try without the "". You can also just do 'sudo checkinstall' and change the values during the install or just leave them as they are.

Vrok Wrote:Hey divingmule. Remember me? We did that pipes addon together.

This is working far better than that and I'd like to request own3d.tv support for it if it's possible to implement

Hi, is it that the videos aren't listed or they won't play? I was thinking that the channels are included but I'm not sure.

- Vrok - 2012-03-02

divingmule Wrote:Hi, is it that the videos aren't listed or they won't play? I was thinking that the channels are included but I'm not sure.

Sorry you misunderstood.

I'd like an addon similar to justin.tv but for own3d.tv so that there's no need for an external browser.

Don't know if it's similar Smile

Vrok Wrote:Sorry you misunderstood.

I'd like an addon similar to justin.tv but for own3d.tv so that there's no need for an external browser.

Don't know if it's similar Smile

I see, was thinking that own3d.tv was one of justin's sister sites. I may look into it if I find the time Blush

You may have better luck making a [Request] thread.

- draalin - 2012-03-02

divingmule Wrote:Yeah, my bad. Maybe try without the "". You can also just do 'sudo checkinstall' and change the values during the install or just leave them as they are.

That worked after using just the 'sudo checkinstall' and the hack at the bottom you mentioned.

Thanks for the help!! It is awesome being able to watch justin.tv streams on my tv!!

- mustardParty - 2012-03-02

divingmule Wrote:Hi, did you use "install from zip" from - Settings>Add-ons, when installing? If not dependencies won't get installed, thus the error. If you get listings but videos won't play, you'll also likely have to update your librtmp. Maybe check this thread for that, I don't know much about the OS X stuff.

Yes I used the install from zip option. First I added the repository zip, but didn't see the JTV add-on in the menu, so I downloaded the JTV add-on zip from the repo and used the install from zip option in the add-on menu.

Is there some document that outlines the JTV add-on dependencies? I'm comfortable with the command line if that's required, I'm just having a hard time finding the information I need to know what I might be missing.

Not really, if you look at the add-on's addon.xml
Code:
<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
    <import addon="script.common.plugin.cache" version="0.9.1"/>
    <import addon="script.module.simplejson"/>
  </requires>

The dependencies are "script.common.plugin.cache" and "script.module.simplejson" both are avaliable from the main repo or here ->http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/

I'd like to see a xbmc.log or maybe you can take a look and see exactly witch dependencies it's complaining about. Like I said before they should be installed when installing from zip.

divingmule Wrote:Not really, if you look at the add-on's addon.xml
Code:
<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
    <import addon="script.common.plugin.cache" version="0.9.1"/>
    <import addon="script.module.simplejson"/>
  </requires>

The dependencies are "script.common.plugin.cache" and "script.module.simplejson" both are avaliable from the main repo or here ->http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/

I'd like to see a xbmc.log or maybe you can take a look and see exactly witch dependencies it's complaining about. Like I said before they should be installed when installing from zip.

Thanks - adding those dependencies first manually allowed me to successfully add the JTV add-on from the zip file.

Now when I test the add-on, if I try to play a stream nothing happens. It just sits there for a moment. The interface doesn't lock up or anything, I can try and play other streams, but nothing happens.

- crawl - 2012-03-02

mustardParty Wrote:Thanks - adding those dependencies first manually allowed me to successfully add the JTV add-on from the zip file.

Now when I test the add-on, if I try to play a stream nothing happens. It just sits there for a moment. The interface doesn't lock up or anything, I can try and play other streams, but nothing happens.

Check post #404. Sounds like your librtmp file needs updated.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=967294&postcount=404

Justin Tv - Encoun2er - 2012-03-02

Crawl is correct. Not sure if this had to do with the update to RC2 but I lost Justin at that time as well. I SSH the file again over to Apple Tv and had to do a restart lowtide through NitoTv and it worked again. Hope this helps.

Download Zip - http://divingmules-repo.googlecode.c...ives-0.2.4.zip

Then replace it to: (yes overwrite!)

lib is located in: private/var/stash/applications/xbmc.frappliance/frameworks/ - Others have reported the location to be root/applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks