Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- ronie - 2009-06-26

BlackJack1 Wrote:Ronie, thank you very much for new version Smile

It works very well for me (mouse, blu-ray logo Smile ...).

i'm glad you can finally see that bluray logo ;-)

BlackJack1 Wrote:Two things does not work:
- no HDTV logo on movies capped from TV ("HDTV" string present in folder nad filename)

i'm currently only using the hdtv logo for tv shows. i'll have a look if i can also use it for movies.

BlackJack1 Wrote:- I can't see new cd art and cd animation on music library site

the cd art will show in the fullscreen visualisation window. when using a keyboard, <tab> should bring up the fullscreen window.
if there's no cd art in the fullscreen window, you may need to press 'i' to make it show.

- dynamix - 2009-06-26

Well, everything works very smooth on my xbox. Love the spinning cd art!

I've two tiny wishes though:

1) when entering the albums in the music library, it think the data is wrongly arranged. Now it's: Artist (bold white font) --> Album (regular grey font), but imho it must be: Album (bold white font) --> Artist (regular grey font)

2) when selecting the path for the trailers script, it asks for a folder instead of a script file. Also the window says "select image folder". (Menu button does work though).

- harryzimm - 2009-06-26

meanstreak Wrote:Firstly gotta say loving 0.27 loads of addons Smile

now to my problem.

For the cdart and clearart, the only path settings are for the local drives. But as I am running this on the xbox, all my music and tv bits are on a nas, so i would need to add a network address or be able to see my network shares on there. I use auriga on the HTPC and love using this skin to squeeze every last drop out of the xboxes lying around the house (though its deffo dying what with native media flagging-less support and all)

any1 got any ideas and no lol I don't wanna bin the xbox yet

cheers

Brent

Same problem here using linux, cant browse to my server. Otherwise the skin is really excellent. Thanks again ronie.

cheers.

- tuXor - 2009-06-26

harryzimm Wrote:Same problem here using linux, cant browse to my server. Otherwise the skin is really excellent. Thanks again ronie.

cheers.

q & d

Edit ~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml
Look for these 2 lines:
<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.music_folder_path">/pathtomusic/</setting>

<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.tvshows_folder_path">/pathtoshows/</setting>

Replace pathto... with your path

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-26

ronie Wrote:Media Flagging for Movies, TV-Shows and Music
- Genre Folder Icons for Movies, TV-Shows and Music

Ronnie,
does this skin need the latest SVN for the media flagging?

mf

- ronie - 2009-06-26

mfsav2 Wrote:Ronnie,
does this skin need the latest SVN for the media flagging?

mf

yes, you'll need 21076 or up. and don't forget to enable it:
Settings > Videos > General > Extract media meta data information.

This feature is not yet available on the xbox.

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-26

ronie Wrote:yes, you'll need 21076 or up. and don't forget to enable it:
Settings > Videos > General > Extract media meta data information.

This feature is not yet available on the xbox.

Excellent...
one question: which is the correct configuration:

In other words which files are used from the Skin?

sorry to ask but I'm really confused and do not want to download 1TB of useless data.

Trailers are used?

Mf

- ronie - 2009-06-26

mfsav2 Wrote:Excellent...
one question: which is the correct configuration:

In other words which files are used from the Skin?

sorry to ask but I'm really confused and do not want to download 1TB of useless data.

i'm not using ember, but mip. but settings should be similar:
- movie.tbn
- folder.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- movie.nfo

mfsav2 Wrote:Trailers are used?

Mf

That's up to you, if you like to have trailers then check the option.
Although i think (never tried myself) trailers are only available if you live in the US.

- ronie - 2009-06-26

meanstreak Wrote:For the cdart and clearart, the only path settings are for the local drives. But as I am running this on the xbox, all my music and tv bits are on a nas, so i would need to add a network address or be able to see my network shares on there.

harryzimm Wrote:Same problem here using linux, cant browse to my server.

It's indeed very odd that only local drives are listed. The skin has no influence on the contents of the list, this is all handled by xbmc.

guess i'll have to ask around if there's a way to fix this.

For the time being, try tuXor's suggestion.

- jarod71 - 2009-06-26

keep up the great work Ronnie! I am seriously considering making this my main skin. I have yet to try on latest xbox svn. How well does it run on xbox in regards to memory management? Looking great and I willtry to find time to test it out this weekend!

- ronie - 2009-06-26

dynamix Wrote:Well, everything works very smooth on my xbox. Love the spinning cd art!

I've two tiny wishes though:

1) when entering the albums in the music library, it think the data is wrongly arranged. Now it's: Artist (bold white font) --> Album (regular grey font), but imho it must be: Album (bold white font) --> Artist (regular grey font)

depends on your definition of 'wrong' ;-)
i always thought the default way xbmc uses is wrong, so i switched the two colums.

i find it easier to read when the list is in Artist - Album format, especially when you sort the list by Artist.

but i'll change it back to default and make a special option for it, so i don't have to bother anyone with my personal preferences. :-)

dynamix Wrote:2) when selecting the path for the trailers script, it asks for a folder instead of a script file. Also the window says "select image folder". (Menu button does work though).

the skin will add 'default.py' to the path you enter, so that's why it works.
but i agree i should let the user pick a file instead. also i'll move this option to the scripts section in skin settings.

the window title is handled by xbmc, i'm not sure if there's a way to change this in the skin.

- ronie - 2009-06-26

jarod71 Wrote:keep up the great work Ronnie! I am seriously considering making this my main skin. I have yet to try on latest xbox svn. How well does it run on xbox in regards to memory management? Looking great and I willtry to find time to test it out this weekend!

as far as i know, from all the comments in this thread, it runs pretty smooth on the xbox.

there's also a version available with resized background images, if you want to save some extra memory:
http://xbmc-xbox-skins.googlecode.com/files/Transparency!%20v0.27.rar

- nicoli_k - 2009-06-26

I'm running Transparency! v0.27 from the link in the first post on my Xbox at 480p and have between 28-30MB free even while using XBMC to download large files.

- aaronjb - 2009-06-26

I'm a bit late to the party but I downloaded 0.27 last night - it fixed my BluRay logo issues perfectly Smile

As they say in the McDonalds adverts over here - I'm lovin' it.. Big Grin

- dynamix - 2009-06-26

ronie Wrote:depends on your definition of 'wrong' ;-)
i always thought the default way xbmc uses is wrong, so i switched the two colums.

i find it easier to read when the list is in Artist - Album format, especially when you sort the list by Artist.

but i'll change it back to default and make a special option for it, so i don't have to bother anyone with my personal preferences. :-)

Laugh

If i'm on my own on this one, don't bother making it optional. Maybe you can tell me how to fix it myself?

nicoli_k Wrote:I'm running Transparency! v0.27 from the link in the first post on my Xbox at 480p and have between 28-30MB free even while using XBMC to download large files.

For the record: I'm running it on my xbox in 720p with 1280x720 sized backdrops and having no memory issues at all. Last night i was listening to some music with the Vortex visual turned on... still being able to launch the Apple Movies Trailer script and browse the trailers Cool