Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Native Media Flagging support for Aeon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Native Media Flagging support for Aeon (/showthread.php?tid=52581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

[MOD] Native Media Flagging support for Aeon - ccMatrix - 2009-06-10

XBMC now supports the extraction of media information such as video resolution, codec, aspect ratio, audio codec, audio channels as well as subtitle and audio language and exposing them to the skins.

The following archive contains a modified Includes_MediaFlags.xml file which changes the Aeon skin to use the resolution, codec etc. information stored in the internal database and extracted by XBMC.

Installation/Usage
Complete skin with native flagging:
  1. Backup your profile
  2. Install the latest svn build
  3. Enable the option "Extract media metadata information" in Settings->Video->General
  4. Download the skin from github (Download #2)
  5. Unzip the skin into the XBMC skin folder
  6. (Re)start XBMC with Aeon and browse your movies library
  7. (optional) Report any bugs like missing codecs or missing major studio logos

Displaying source
If you want to display the media source (Blu-Ray, HD-DVD or DVD) instead of the codec you must add one of the following strings to the media filename:
  • Blu-Ray: Blu-Ray, BluRay or BDRip
  • HD-DVD: HD-DVD or HDDVD
  • DVD: DVD
Obviously if you want just the codec (xvid, divx, h264, ...) to show up you need to remove these strings from your media files. MediaRenamer is one tool which can help you in cleaning up your filenames.

OPTIONAL!!!
The larger archive (not the small basic) also contains a media/multiplex folder and the two files Font.xml and Viewtype_Multiplex.xml in the 720p folder. These are optional and will result in a similar look like krypt2nite posted in the Workaround mediaflagging thread. If you like to have movie names and tvshow/episode name in the titlebar of the multiplex frame you can unzip the media/multiplex and these two files from the 720p folder into your Aeon skin.

Downloads
  1. Zip archive with the mod. Download the latest version from the share. There are two versions - the basic does not include the optional multiplex view changes and only contains the stuff to enable the flags for movie and tv-show views.
  2. Complete skin from github.

For those using media manager applications to create NFOs
If you stored any additional stuff in your Studio tags then this mod will not display any Studio images for you. Instead of using many many images and show them based on the studio tag this mod uses the studio name itself to find the studios logo! You should be able to just update your NFOs and then repopulate the database.

Thanks and Credits
  • CpnBry for the amazing work on the HD video flagging code for XBMC
  • freezy for creating the special build that includes the new code.
  • djh_ for the Aeon skin
  • Everyone who created and shared their studio logos!
  • krypt2nite for the new multiplex with info in title view and his work on the Workaround Media Flagging code which is used partly as a base for the TV show flagging.
  • The people who created and shared their flag images (See this thread for what was exactly created and shared by who)

- krypt2nite - 2009-06-10

Very nice. This is going to open up new possibilities.

- rausch101 - 2009-06-10

That is GREAT news

- DuMbGuM - 2009-06-10

Brilliant news !

- jsm00thie - 2009-06-10

This is AWESOME news!

- rausch101 - 2009-06-10

Almost forgot...

Since the native flagging will be applied to all of XBMC and not just Aeon, should this be mentioned elsewhere for those that don't check the Aeon subforum multiple times daily (unlike myself) ?

- ccMatrix - 2009-06-10

rausch101 Wrote:Almost forgot...

Since the native flagging will be applied to all of XBMC and not just Aeon, should this be mentioned elsewhere for those that don't check the Aeon subforum multiple times daily (unlike myself) ?

I think it should be posted elsewhere when it is added to the main branch and available with all nightly builds. Until then this is more of a feature test to see if all important information is available through it.

The reason I posted it here is that there are several people here, that mod Aeon and have already done some workarounds for the media flagging. Instead of spamming the feature suggestion/development thread, this topic here could be used to evaluate the feature set and then forward results to CpnBry.

- Doraemonn - 2009-06-10

OSX user here, waiting expectantly for further developments - Awesome News is Awesome!

All we need now is extrathumb generation and I'm throwing MIP away.

- zag - 2009-06-10

Good news indeed, it seemed a lot of work to have these workarounds when its actually a pretty simple thing to accomplish.

- Doraemonn - 2009-06-10

Will be interesting to see whether it'll be able to figure out ISO and IMG files, as currently MediaInfo (the DLL used by MIP, EMM etc.) cannot.

Either way, very, very cool.

- ronie - 2009-06-11

Thanx a lot for renaming all the studio logos ccMatrix!
Must have been a lot of work figuring out the correct studio names.

As a side note, please keep in mind the filenames have to be properly capitalized, otherwise they won't 'match' on linux and other case sensitive systems.

Thanx again, you've definitely saved me a lot of time. :-)

- rickatnight11 - 2009-06-11

I'm so stoked for this. I have been putting off reorganizing my library (still can't stand nfo files with TV Shows), but I was planning on doing it soon since everyone has been saying it will be a while before native media flagging was implemented. Looks like I made the right choice. I'm happy to wait a little longer.

- krypt2nite - 2009-06-11

ronie Wrote:Thanx a lot for renaming all the studio logos ccMatrix!

As a side note, please keep in mind the filenames have to be properly capitalized, otherwise they won't 'match' on linux and other case sensitive systems.

Yeah it is a great idea. We are definitely going to have to adopt it and get everything changed over.

- ccMatrix - 2009-06-11

ronie Wrote:Thanx a lot for renaming all the studio logos ccMatrix!

Yeah, I forgot about the case-issue at first. Most files should match the case of the studio. I went through my list again and fixed some more. Some studio logos I cannot rename properly since I don't have any movie with them in my database.

CpnBry has released a new patch for the native flagging which now adds FOURCC information. This means that instead of everything showing the mpeg4 logo I can show divx/xvid/... logos depending on used encoder. I downloaded the Aeon Flags pack by Krypts for the codec logos and will upload a new version as soon as I can verify everything works properly with a new build.

I also managed to get the flagging stuff working in the TV view (except studios since that is not yet exported on an episode level). I used the modified files krypt2nite posted on the workaround thread. This also includes the multiplex change where the show title and episode name are on the top, but I hope that the Includes file can work properly with a default Aeon Auriga install as well. Basically the includes file will just include the elements necessary to show media flags in TV view which are unused by the default Aeon Auriga skin.

- ccMatrix - 2009-06-13

I have updated the mod to include flagging of the tv episodes. It now optionally includes the titlebar modification for the multiplex view. The new version understands more codecs thanks to CpnBrys usage of the fourcc information.

The first post contains instructions on how to install and use this mod as well as download urls for both the special XBMC build and the mod itself.