Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Native Media Flagging support for Aeon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Native Media Flagging support for Aeon (/showthread.php?tid=52581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- henrikyo - 2009-07-05

just started using ember media manager, an its great, one question though, im using remote with xbmc, and i have a bunch of xvid and bluray, in mip i could tag the genere in the bluray rips as "HD", as there way to add custom generes in this application?

- henrikyo - 2009-07-05

meh, im getting frustrated now with this native flagging mode, im using windows to scrap movies etc, and test with aeon and xbmc, after doing 150 movies, every tvshow and movie was perfect.

then i went to linux, did a clean install and studio flags and almost all the audio flags are gone. i then tried to copy the aeon addon which iused in windows wiched worked 100%, but no, all the mpeg audio stored in the nfos, wasnt showing in linux, neiter was some studio flags, i mean, what gives.

why is this happening

- ccMatrix - 2009-07-05

What are the names of the codecs you are having problems with? Are they reported differently on Windows/Linux? Since Linux is case-sensitive it might just be that your nfo contains the codec name in uppercase while the image file is named in lower case. If you exclusively use the integrated scanning method of XBMC it should work properly. Most media managers are probably not 100% compatible yet.

- henrikyo - 2009-07-05

ah good call on the case sensetive, that could be the matter, if i recall, the nfo said "mpeg audio" but the flag was called "MPEG Audio" in windows now but will try later, so you are saying i dont need to use mip and programs alike? it still find audio format etc without it?

- ccMatrix - 2009-07-05

henrikyo Wrote:ah good call on the case sensetive, that could be the matter, if i recall, the nfo said "mpeg audio" but the flag was called "MPEG Audio" in windows now but will try later, so you are saying i dont need to use mip and programs alike? it still find audio format etc without it?

Yes, this is the entire point of native flagging and this mod. XBMC will scan the files for the information (video codec, aspect ratio, video resolution, audio codec, audio language and subtitle language) if you have the feature enabled in Settings -> Video -> General "Extract Media Metadata Information". It stores this information in the database associated with the video file. This also means that there is no need for these studio tag hacks MIP uses to store the codec data.

I think MIP currently reports totally different codec information from XBMC. mpeg audio is reported as mp1 mp2 and mp3 depending on the mpeg audio codec version used.

- henrikyo - 2009-07-05

thanks for your help mate, changed the flag mpeg audio to lowercase, and i have all my audio flags now, just missing a few studio flags, but its the same problem, ive made some of my own, and its not in lowercase. thanks again, u saved my day

also tried on some movies that didnt have nfos and it worked great, thanks again

- henrikyo - 2009-07-05

one quest though, scraped using xbmc now, example when scarping one of the saw movies, it didnt find a studio, anything i can do to prevent this, i mean, there is so many studios in there, seems wierd if the saw studio wasnt there, maybe it has something to do with linux

- >>X<< - 2009-07-05

henrikyo Wrote:one quest though, scraped using xbmc now, example when scarping one of the saw movies, it didnt find a studio, anything i can do to prevent this, i mean, there is so many studios in there, seems wierd if the saw studio wasnt there, maybe it has something to do with linux

The only way to prevent that is look up the studio and add their flag yourself assuming its missing because the actual flag is missing

Cant expect every studio flag to be incorporated some maybe missing

- DuMbGuM - 2009-07-08

Just working through the stages of getting this all working at the moment.

Can you add support for WMVHD video and WMAHD audio at some stage please ? Krypt2nite had flags for these in a folder named "Custom".

Apart from that everything is going pretty smoothly with a bit of effort, thanks Smile

- ccMatrix - 2009-07-08

DuMbGuM Wrote:Just working through the stages of getting this all working at the moment.

Can you add support for WMVHD video and WMAHD audio at some stage please ? Krypt2nite had flags for these in a folder named "Custom".

Apart from that everything is going pretty smoothly with a bit of effort, thanks Smile

I have images for both. However I don't have any movie files encodec in these codecs so I don't know what XBMC reports for them. If you can let me know the exact fourcc that XBMC returns for WMVHD and the exact codec for WMAHD please let me know. At the moment I show WMVHD for avc1.

- ronie - 2009-07-08

ccMatrix Wrote:I have images for both. However I don't have any movie files encodec in these codecs so I don't know what XBMC reports for them. If you can let me know the exact fourcc that XBMC returns for WMVHD and the exact codec for WMAHD please let me know. At the moment I show WMVHD for avc1.

WMVHD: wvc1
WMAHD: wmapro

avc1 however, is Apple's implementation of MPEG-4, so displaying a windows media flag for it might be a bit odd ;-)

btw. i've added all the 'known' values to the wiki some time ago, so you can always look up things there.

- ccMatrix - 2009-07-08

ronie Wrote:WMVHD: wvc1
WMAHD: wmapro

avc1 however, is Apple's implementation of MPEG-4, so displaying a windows media flag for it might be a bit odd ;-)

btw. i've added all the 'known' values to the wiki some time ago, so you can always look up things there.

Thanks. What should I display for avc1 then? any ideas?

- seedzero - 2009-07-08

ccMatrix Wrote:Thanks. What should I display for avc1 then? any ideas?

Quicktime logo, Apple logo or "AVC" in a nice pretty font. I could probably whip something up for it if you'd like.

- ccMatrix - 2009-07-08

redtapemedia Wrote:Quicktime logo, Apple logo or "AVC" in a nice pretty font. I could probably whip something up for it if you'd like.

Thanks. I already had a quicktime logo in my media/flags folder so I just copied it as avc1.png. Update is available on github.

- seedzero - 2009-07-08

ccMatrix Wrote:Thanks. I already had a quicktime logo in my media/flags folder so I just copied it as avc1.png. Update is available on github.

No worries. Alternatively you could just use the H.264 logo, but that might be a little generic for some. Wink