Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- GreggieM - 2009-08-11

logictester Wrote:did you add you offline dvd as a source and scanned into the library?

Yes, I added as a second source in my movies database. And in in the file view I can see my offline movies, but in my library not (even after updating library)

- azido - 2009-08-11

logictester Wrote:well svn is another way of doing things - i prefer git using with http it works (even if i have to run git pull (aliased it as git pSmile) few times) and sometimes it's really slow but it get's there overnight Smile

the question remains: can you do a git pull on a copy of showmix that you've downloaded from their web gui as a zip or a tar file?

if yes: how to?
if no: can we also fetch updates only from their web gui as an archive?
if yes: someone write a script to do so on a regular basis that runs on bash/sh so i can fill my crontab with that and you'll get regular update only files from azido.de and a basic full copy from mediafire which is updated once a week.
if no: how else can we get full copies of showmix that can be updated if not from github?

- GreggieM - 2009-08-12

azido Wrote:for offline media to show it would be best to use dummy files representing them.

like you could create i.e.

the.mummy.sddvd.avi (a simple text file with no content renamed to avi will work). but beware that for audio/video flags to get working you need to add those infos into your movie.nfo by hand.

EMM creates for each offline movie dummy files.

For example for the movie 'the beach':
- beach-fanart.jpg
- beach.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- folder.jpg
- movie.jpg
- movie.nfo
- the beach (2000) [Offline].avi
- the beach (2000) [offline].nfo

But I don't get them in my movies library, I only can see them in my filesview
What am I doing wrong?

Thx

- adriank99 - 2009-08-12

Hi,

Im having issues with image stretching, all my posters are streched. im running it on a Samsung LCD @ 1680 x 1060 @ 60hz. If i had a widescreen lcd would this happen?

- azido - 2009-08-12

GreggieM Wrote:EMM creates for each offline movie dummy files.

For example for the movie 'the beach':
- beach-fanart.jpg
- beach.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- folder.jpg
- movie.jpg
- movie.nfo
- the beach (2000) [Offline].avi
- the beach (2000) [offline].nfo

But I don't get them in my movies library, I only can see them in my filesview
What am I doing wrong?

Thx

way too much files in there.. get sorted, you don't need beach-fanart.jpg and fanart.jpg - and movie.jpg, folder.jpg, and poster.jpg are also most likely all the same. and my finding is that if movie.nfo exists, xbmc will read that one instead of the one named after the movie, so you can delete the one named after the movie, too. check your emm settings to only create files which you really need.

that's my first advice.

after that, go ahead, fire up xbmc, go to video file mode. first of all check you've already set up the source directory of all your offline movies to be one containing movies. ppl tend to forget that in showmix, so that's why it's in bold. so move your cursor to that source directory, trigger context menu and select "set content" -set up any scraper you like, as long as it is a movie scraper. you don't need to scrape within xbmc, but xbmc should know it has to deal with movies in that directory Wink now open context menu again, this time use "scan for new content". it should bring all your movies found in there, then.

- azido - 2009-08-12

adriank99 Wrote:Hi,

Im having issues with image stretching, all my posters are streched. im running it on a Samsung LCD @ 1680 x 1060 @ 60hz. If i had a widescreen lcd would this happen?

shouldn't it be 1680x1050 ? that's what my monitor is set to, being a 22" widescreen lcd. no "stretching" here.

- SHen350 - 2009-08-12

jonathan_will08 Wrote:Is there any reason why the default backdrops are not showing? i.e. on the home menu I just see black background with the menu?

Thanks

Yeah, grab a daily build of XBMC and that should clear it up.

- myanek05 - 2009-08-12

Ive been reading through these posts for days (literally considering how many pages there are) and can not find out the set up i need get to the aspect ratio tags to work. I have the latest build I could get off git, and had ikons latest build of XBMC as of today. Is there a specific build that I need?

Thanks

- SHen350 - 2009-08-12

logictester Wrote:well svn is another way of doing things - i prefer git using with http it works (even if i have to run git pull (aliased it as git pSmile) few times) and sometimes it's really slow but it get's there overnight Smile

You know, I use GIT GUI and I have never had a problem pulling the whole file. It takes about 10 minutes to download a clone and then I just unpack it and replace the skin in XBMC.
I am what Azido calls "lazy" in thats what I do everytime. If something is wrong, new GIT clone, something doesn't work right, restart, then, new GIT clone, I'm feeling bored, new GIT clone. You see where I am going with this.
I haven't had a single problem with getting the files, or in the way it works once I replace the old skin file. Well, not related to GIT that alot of people seem to have.

- adriank99 - 2009-08-12

azido Wrote:shouldn't it be 1680x1050 ? that's what my monitor is set to, being a 22" widescreen lcd. no "stretching" here.

sorry thats what it is. Smile

- garvani - 2009-08-12

myanek05 Wrote:Ive been reading through these posts for days (literally considering how many pages there are) and can not find out the set up i need get to the aspect ratio tags to work.Is there a specific build that I need?
Theres a good question, ive never had aspect ratio flags working and would also like to know what needs to be done, my nfo's are made by Ember if it helps

- azido - 2009-08-12

SHen350 Wrote:I am what Azido calls "lazy" in thats what I do everytime. If something is wrong, new GIT clone, something doesn't work right, restart, then, new GIT clone, I'm feeling bored, new GIT clone. You see where I am going with this.

..so now we know YOU are the bad boy stealing all the bandwidth from github! Rolleyes

could you please stop your hobby for approx. 15 minutes so i can get another clone? Laugh

seriously: for the last 3-4 days a clone of showmix for me takes about 30-45 minutes, regardless if i try to in rush hours or at 4.am. and i got an interruption, too. the first one, though.

- strangedaze39 - 2009-08-12

Hey Azido: You were right a restart helped a lot, hopefully it doesn't persist.

One problem left that wasn't discovered before. While trying to play trailers with the down button I get this error message. "Failed to Initialize audio device check you audiosettings"

Is there a place to change what device apple trailers is trying to play audio through? I'm using ubuntu 9.04 btw.

Thanks for your help guys.

- SHen350 - 2009-08-12

Well, good news! I usually only update on the weekends unless there is an important bug fix. So your all safe until like Friday or so. Actually I think Andy is trying to fix alot right now, so I may wait until that all gets worked out. After that though I will take all the bandwidth for about ten minutes. Maybe eleven if I am feeling a bit slow. Shocked

- azido - 2009-08-12

myanek05 Wrote:Ive been reading through these posts for days (literally considering how many pages there are) and can not find out the set up i need get to the aspect ratio tags to work. I have the latest build I could get off git, and had ikons latest build of XBMC as of today. Is there a specific build that I need?

Thanks

it should work out of the box in your setup for any movie xbmc can extract media metadata from.

maybe you should have a dig into xbmc's new setting entitled "EXTRACT MEDIA METADATA" ?