Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- myanek05 - 2009-08-12

azido Wrote:it should work out of the box in your setup for any movie xbmc can extract media metadata from.

maybe you should have a dig into xbmc's new setting entitled "EXTRACT MEDIA METADATA" ?

alright thank you and do what build are you using? I want to get a solid windows build but it seems they are getting a lot of video tearing now? well if its not my pc lol

- azido - 2009-08-12

strangedaze39 Wrote:Hey Azido: You were right a restart helped a lot, hopefully it doesn't persist.

One problem left that wasn't discovered before. While trying to play trailers with the down button I get this error message. "Failed to Initialize audio device check you audiosettings"

Is there a place to change what device apple trailers is trying to play audio through? I'm using ubuntu 9.04 btw.

Thanks for your help guys.

obviously it's the same device that will play your audio for all the other stuff in xbmc, which would be configured in SYSTEM -> AUDIO HARDWARE. maybe ubuntu doesn't like mov without an extension?

- azido - 2009-08-12

myanek05 Wrote:alright thank you and do what build are you using? I want to get a solid windows build but it seems they are getting a lot of video tearing now? well if its not my pc lol

i'd say i switch builds at least twice a day, so the info what build i'm currently using will be not of any use in 5 minutes.

i see ppl whining about tearing again these days, yes, but that never affected me again after the use of vista and so it doesn't here on win 7.

i tend to say: don't worry for a pc that isn't yours, as long as it doesn't belong to a beautiful lady.

- myanek05 - 2009-08-12

I like that quote. I've located the the Metadata Option and have it turned on and have been using MIP to scrape all my datas and the <aspectdisplayratio></aspectdisplayratio> tags are in all the NFOs. Ive also cleaned my library, and gotten a fresh Build of both XBMC and the skin. any idea as to why they aren't showing up? Do I have to have them in a different location than andy has them?

- azido - 2009-08-12

myanek05 Wrote:I like that quote. I've located the the Metadata Option and have it turned on and have been using MIP to scrape all my datas and the <aspectdisplayratio></aspectdisplayratio> tags are in all the NFOs. Ive also cleaned my library, and gotten a fresh Build of both XBMC and the skin. any idea as to why they aren't showing up? Do I have to have them in a different location than andy has them?

randomly took a movie.nfo out of my collection. this is what is in:

PHP Code:
<fileinfo>
        <
streamdetails>
            <
video>
                <
codec>xvid</codec>
                <
aspect>2.333333</aspect>
                <
width>672</width>
                <
height>288</height>
            </
video>
            <
audio>
                <
codec>mp3</codec>
                <
language></language>
                <
channels>2</channels>
            </
audio>
        </
streamdetails>
    </
fileinfo

and this is what i get from that movie (note, as this is what is in the nfo, you don't even need to turn on extract media metadata, since it already gets into your db when you hit rescan for that movie - you have to enable it only if there is NO nfo yet, or the nfo does NOT contain that streamdetails):

and NO, don't move them anywhere else. they belong to media\flags\screen.

- myanek05 - 2009-08-12

thanks so much for your prompt help do you use a specific program to scan your movies? like ember or MIP?

- azido - 2009-08-12

myanek05 Wrote:thanks so much for your prompt help do you use a specific program to scan your movies? like ember or MIP?

to be honest, i've initially started using EMM some days ago, but most of my movies are scraped from within xbmc and afterwards i used "export video database" with selecting "seperate files" which then created all those needed nfos and thumbs for me. so is "awake".

- myanek05 - 2009-08-12

azido Wrote:to be honest, i've initially started using EMM some days ago, but most of my movies are scraped from within xbmc and afterwards i used "export video database" with selecting "seperate files" which then created all those needed nfos and thumbs for me. so is "awake".

grrr so it seems that both programs arent going to just give me the <aspect> tag it can never be easy can it

- azido - 2009-08-12

myanek05 Wrote:grrr so it seems that both programs arent going to just give me the <aspect> tag it can never be easy can it

EMM should do it.

actually, it happened that my copy of fight club was not showing aspect and did not have that stuff in nfo either.

after an imdb rescrape of that movie in emm i got

PHP Code:
<fileinfo>
    <
streamdetails>
      <
video>
        <
width>1280</width>
        <
height>532</height>
        <
codec>h264</codec>
        <
duration>2h 19mn</duration>
        <
aspect>2.406</aspect>
        <
scantype>Progressive</scantype>
      </
video>
      <
audio>
        <
language>eng</language>
        <
longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
        <
codec>ac3</codec>
        <
channels>6</channels>
      </
audio>
      <
audio>
        <
codec>ac3</codec>
        <
channels>6</channels>
      </
audio>
    </
streamdetails>
  </
fileinfo

in my newly created movie.nfo. and so should you.

- Frozone - 2009-08-12

Hey Azido,
Have u read this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=385542&postcount=80

He is saying to download only the latest git Version, instead of download all the history.
So maybe a way to make the FIRST git clone faster?

- azido - 2009-08-12

Frozone Wrote:Hey Azido,
Have u read this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=385542&postcount=80

He is saying to download only the latest git Version, instead of download all the history.
So maybe a way to make the FIRST git clone faster?

JESUS! thanks for pointing me there.. this is a HUGE improvement on the speed and bandwith side of using git and also the diskspace used locally. i never thought a standard clone without switches will download the entire history! damned, they should have made it otherwise, so git clone without a switch should only download the freshest copy while the one that wants the whole history (for whatever reason) should add a switch to do so..

let me give you all an example what this means for our purposes (shortened):

1. git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git "Aeon Showmix":

- remote: counting objects: 2555, done.
- remote: compressing objects: 100% (2353/2353) done.
- receiving objects: 100% (2555/2555), 209,28 MiB done.
- resolving deltas: 100% (188/188) done.
- checking out files: 100% (3114/3114) done.

Local used diskspace for "Aeon Showmix": 434 MB.

2. git clone git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git "Aeon Showmix":

- remote: counting objects: 6028, done.
- remote: compressing objects: 100% (3980/3980) done.
- receiving objects: 100% (6028/6028), 541,30 MiB done.
- resolving deltas: 100% (2167/2167) done.
- checking out files: 100% (3114/3114) done.

Local used diskspace for "Aeon Showmix": 767 MB.

i think this really useful tip has to go into the wiki!..

thanks again.

edit: i'm not sure for the 2nd thing he mentioned, though. basically he said (if i get him right) to get rid of those "cannot merge" messages, his script likely wipes everything in that Aeon Showmix directory execpt .git, .gitignore and fonts, then does a git pull and finally a kind of hard reset. i don't think this is neccessary (and even usable when you are acting like me, modifying font sizes, labels etc). i think in general once the user understands that he simply has to rename or remove the file in question, it will still be more convenient to do it like this as to deal with files that have been removed by the script. but that's my opinion, yours may differ here.

- patkhoo - 2009-08-12

azido Wrote:JESUS! thanks for pointing me there.. this is a HUGE improvement on the speed and bandwith side of using git and also the diskspace used locally. i never thought a standard clone without switches will download the entire history! damned, they should have made it otherwise, so git clone without a switch should only download the freshest copy while the one that wants the whole history (for whatever reason) should add a switch to do so..

that's fantastic! I'm going to update my script with this.. Quite right.. Should have seen this one coming from the beginning!

azido Wrote:edit: i'm not sure for the 2nd thing he mentioned, though. basically he said (if i get him right) to get rid of those "cannot merge" messages, his script likely wipes everything in that Aeon Showmix directory execpt .git, .gitignore and fonts, then does a git pull and finally a kind of hard reset. i don't think this is neccessary (and even usable when you are acting like me, modifying font sizes, labels etc). i think in general once the user understands that he simply has to rename or remove the file in question, it will still be more convenient to do it like this as to deal with files that have been removed by the script. but that's my opinion, yours may differ here.

Actually, my script does it similarly to this idea. There's no need to do a "git reset" actually, just do a force checkout. But to be 100% sure there is no merge conflicts, just delete everything except for .git and .gitignore.

Now, the downside is (and I've mentioned this a few times), this method does not do merging, so for developers or those who add other mods/changes on top of Aeon Showmix, this would not be the way for you.

But if you are the typical "Ordinary User", I think you would not be bothered by it.

I am in the middle of testing the Linux script, so I think we can have a Windows and Linux downloader+updater for Aeon Showmix specifically tailored for the "Lazy User" in the next day or so Smile

- patkhoo - 2009-08-12

Well, again, Git is different from SVN. SVN is version control but from a centralised server. The Repository is always in 1 fixed location.

Git is a distributed version control system. Every git clone (aka SVN checkout) is a full-fledged repository by itself. In fact, the proper way of using git for SCM is after you clone a repos, you must checkout a local copy and/or branch it. This is why even with --depth 1, the clone still holds double the amount of data/files than just plain Aeon Showmix - 1/2 of the space is your local copy of the repository (.git), and the other 1/2 is the "check-ed out" version for your use.

So, to answer your questions:

azido Wrote:the question remains: can you do a git pull on a copy of showmix that you've downloaded from their web gui as a zip or a tar file?

No, because the tar.gz/zip file does not contain the repository (which all other git commands pull/checkout/fetch/merge/etc) depend on. This is the .git and .gitignore files/folders.

azido Wrote:if no: can we also fetch updates only from their web gui as an archive?

I am not aware of how to do that via github. I've never seen such an option on their website.

azido Wrote:if no: how else can we get full copies of showmix that can be updated if not from github?

One way is to put a full copy of the git-repos itself of Aeon Showmix on a static host, then use a script and update it + checkout -> to tar.gz/zip.

But I dislike this solution because it means that users still have to re-download a new (full) copy for updates. Like Matt mentioned, XBMCUpdate uses this method but their size is only 45MB vs 250MB for Aeon Showmix. (This method is used because XBMCUpdate doesn't care if you are still using version 22000 or 22010 or 22020, just download the whole thing and overwrite).

I believe that the solution is to:
a) Persuade andy to switch to SVN, but I think it is a little unfair to ask him to do so..
b) Use a method like Git-to-SVN/Rsync script/gateway on a 3rd party static host to allow users to pull the updates when they choose and only the updates (via SVN/rsync) from the static host.
c) Continue to use git to pull down updates, but make the process more convenient and streamlined for ordinary users.

Anyway, I hope that I will be able to finish © and post the details/download links by tomorrow. At least for Windows and Linux users anyway. Maybe someone can volunteer to help with the Mac side? I know where to start for a Mac version, but I haven't got a Mac to try it on.

- patkhoo - 2009-08-12

myanek05 Wrote:grrr so it seems that both programs arent going to just give me the <aspect> tag it can never be easy can it

Ember Media Manager v1008 works fine.. I see the aspect ratio in Aeon Showmix.. what's missing right now (for me) is the audio flags Wink But I guess some ppl (key azido/logictester Smile have access to new(er) files than those on git Smile

- punking - 2009-08-12

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the CF2009's home mod thread, but as I'm using the showcase mix I thought I'd ask here.

The single recently added image on the home page for movies appears to use the fanart. Is there a way to change this to use the poster image (like the recently added list does) or because of the size use a screenshot?

Thanks.