Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-08-30

Batemann Wrote:One of the more persistent problems Showmix is having lately. Everybody is suffering from this at the moment, and Andy is fixing it right now.

i guess he mean he doesn't want that feature at all.

- Batemann - 2009-08-30

azido Wrote:i guess he mean he doesn't want that feature at all.

You're right. :-) It's an option isn't it? Tell Him!

- Jeseuss - 2009-08-30

This is my favorite skin and I'm extremely excited to finally get the new version today? Any idea when it'll be out?

- themugger - 2009-08-30

Hi There, is there any way to add another option to the shutdown menu or change its behaviour slightly so that i have the following two options

1./ Exit XBMC
2./ Shut Down Windows

Thanks

- azido - 2009-08-30

Jeseuss Wrote:This is my favorite skin and I'm extremely excited to finally get the new version today? Any idea when it'll be out?

this second Rolleyes

update - current version 1.70 [GIT-200] - azido - 2009-08-30

finally it's out Big Grin

we were able to hunt down every include warning in the logs. it should be really stable now.

note: the best way to ensure you get what you expect is to do a fresh clone:

git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git ShowMix

also, when you start the new version the 1st time, PURGE your settings. after that, close xbmc, open guisettings.xml and remove any instance of showmix from <skinsettings> part of it. save, start up xbmc and adjust showmix to your needs.

that's what i did, and it gave me good results.

njoy.

- Jeseuss - 2009-08-31

Just did a completely fresh install of 1.7 and all I can say is wow! It seems to run smoother, be more stable overall, and be in great working condition. It fixed every single issue that I was having except for one minor one.

I still have a oval question mark media tag to the left of the resolution in movie view, and idea what I am missing?

I have another problem now: whenever I play a movie file, xbmc goes to a semi windowed mode, in which the task bar appears and the xbmc window will flash as if a new task has occurred. Could be a xbmc issue. Any help on either would be awesome.

- azido - 2009-08-31

Jeseuss Wrote:Just did a completely fresh install of 1.7 and all I can say is wow! It seems to run smoother, be more stable overall, and be in great working condition. It fixed every single issue that I was having except for one minor one.

I still have a oval question mark media tag to the left of the resolution in movie view, and idea what I am missing?

first of all: thanks for your positive vibes Wink

you are not missing anything at all. that's a relative new flag that displays "CC" image when your movie has subtitles. you can remove that questionmark thing under settings->->advanced->views. untick
"default icons for media flags (off for blank spaces)" and you're done.

edit: never heard about that movie playing issue.. surely not skin related.

- Jeseuss - 2009-08-31

Thank you so much that worked like a charm.

I'll ask about my other issue in the general help section. This is certainly my go-to skin now.

- azido - 2009-08-31

Jeseuss Wrote:Thank you so much that worked like a charm.

I'll ask about my other issue in the general help section. This is certainly my go-to skin now.

look at this - that guy seems to have a similar problem.

- Jeseuss - 2009-08-31

azido Wrote:look at this - that guy seems to have a similar problem.

I think I love you.

- Peligrozo - 2009-08-31

I have just upgraded and everything seems to be working very smoothly. However, I'm a bit confused on one thing which seems to have been removed (or I just can't find it again).

Previously, it was possible to have one fanart backdrop (the same backdrop that you configured for the "tv shows" link on the home menu) as the background while you were browsing all your TV shows. It seems like the "Fanart" setting is global now so if you enable fanart in movies, it'll also be enabled in TV Shows. However, this means that the TV shows instead of just having the same backdrop will pick the fanart backdrop for every show individually while browsing between different shows. Also, if you simply disable fanart it'll just use the red curtain backdrop instead of the one set for the "TV Shows" menu (and again, it'll also disable the backdrops for the "Movies" section).

While this might be cool for some people it was possible in the old releases as well and I personally really preferred my old backdrop for tv shows. It's also a bit annoying because the fanart picture is always the same as the one that pops up when the info on the show arrives on the screen, so you essentially always have two clones of the same picture on the screen.

If I've just managed to miss out on a setting, please let me know. If it's actually been changed this way, please add the opportunity to use only the main backdrop for tv shows again Smile

- klepto - 2009-08-31

I just upgraded to 1.70, is anyone else getting this white line that runs inbetween the fanart and the floor?

It kind of irks me since the two don't blend as well now

- klepto - 2009-08-31

Peligrozo Wrote:I have just upgraded and everything seems to be working very smoothly. However, I'm a bit confused on one thing which seems to have been removed (or I just can't find it again).

Previously, it was possible to have one fanart backdrop (the same backdrop that you configured for the "tv shows" link on the home menu) as the background while you were browsing all your TV shows. It seems like the "Fanart" setting is global now so if you enable fanart in movies, it'll also be enabled in TV Shows. However, this means that the TV shows instead of just having the same backdrop will pick the fanart backdrop for every show individually while browsing between different shows. Also, if you simply disable fanart it'll just use the red curtain backdrop instead of the one set for the "TV Shows" menu (and again, it'll also disable the backdrops for the "Movies" section).

While this might be cool for some people it was possible in the old releases as well and I personally really preferred my old backdrop for tv shows. It's also a bit annoying because the fanart picture is always the same as the one that pops up when the info on the show arrives on the screen, so you essentially always have two clones of the same picture on the screen.

If I've just managed to miss out on a setting, please let me know. If it's actually been changed this way, please add the opportunity to use only the main backdrop for tv shows again Smile
i noticed this change as well, weird

- andyblac - 2009-08-31

Peligrozo Wrote:I have just upgraded and everything seems to be working very smoothly. However, I'm a bit confused on one thing which seems to have been removed (or I just can't find it again).

thanks for spotting Smile, fix now on git:

VER: 1.71 (GIT-205): FIXED fanart issues, changed how scripts load, now only load on a library update or on first start. Removed the ASSISTANT menu option.