Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-15

rossgemuend Wrote:Yay, I'm not alone! Have you found a solution Peligrozo? I'm going to try updating to the latest Git version tonight just to see if it fixes the problem.
Another thing that helped me solve it (other than the ones mentioned above) was actually using the mouse. I moved it to the left randomly by accident and the menu popped up. Had to guess a bit but then managed to "find" the menu option with the mouse and could change it back Smile

- azido - 2009-09-15

curtis-r Wrote:So there were always 19 thumbs before but now 15? I've gotta do some counting when I get home. I swear it seems like a bigger reduction than 2 thumbs on each side.

it was just 19.. go see the wiki's screenshots Wink

- curtis-r - 2009-09-15

azido Wrote:it was just 19.. go see the wiki's screenshots Wink
Of course, you're right. I guess with the increased thumb size, it just seems like a larger reduction in #. Am I the only one who liked 19 thumbs (and wanted even more)?

- soder - 2009-09-15

curtis-r Wrote:Of course, you're right. I guess with the increased thumb size, it just seems like a larger reduction in #. Am I the only one who liked 19 thumbs (and wanted even more)?

I like it big. (Thats what she said!)

/Söder

- curtis-r - 2009-09-15

soder Wrote:I like it big.
/Söder

I realized I'm nitpicking and this ground has been covered, but there is still room to add more thumbs in their new size by removing the arrows.

- soder - 2009-09-15

curtis-r Wrote:I realized I'm nitpicking and this ground has been covered, but there is still room to add more thumbs in their new size by removing the arrows.

+1. Or make em even bigger. I liked the showcase view. =)

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-15

basically, there are 2 downgrades coming with your requests:

1. more visible thumbs.

i tried this tonight, enabling 19 thumbs again - and it really, REALLY slowed down the view dramatically, although there are only 4 more thumbs partly visible. now i know what really was the reason andy removed them.

2. bigger thumbs.

i really would like to have this, too. but: right now it already partly hides the "press down to see trailer" message (at least in my preferred fullscreen poster view) and it would also hide some plot text when it's a long one.

so basically this would lead into shrinking down the info window to gain room for the thumbs. not my kind of solution if you ask me. plus: andy just is about to finish 2.0, i would not ask him to redesign multiplex view for this - at least not at the given moment Rolleyes.

- curtis-r - 2009-09-15

azido Wrote:i tried this tonight, enabling 19 thumbs again - and it really, REALLY slowed down the view dramatically,

Though I didn't do any tests, I didn't notice any performance difference between 15 & 19 thumbs. Probably b/c I put in a 3.26GHz x 2 Core Duo some months ago.

- soder - 2009-09-15

azido Wrote:basically, there are 2 downgrades coming with your requests:

1. more visible thumbs.

i tried this tonight, enabling 19 thumbs again - and it really, REALLY slowed down the view dramatically, although there are only 4 more thumbs partly visible. now i know what really was the reason andy removed them.

2. bigger thumbs.

i really would like to have this, too. but: right now it already partly hides the "press down to see trailer" message (at least in my preferred fullscreen poster view) and it would also hide some plot text when it's a long one.

so basically this would lead into shrinking down the info window to gain room for the thumbs. not my kind of solution if you ask me. plus: andy just is about to finish 2.0, i would not ask him to redesign multiplex view for this - at least not at the given moment Rolleyes.

True.

But these trailers: Do you keep a trailer for every movie you got? OR how does that work?

And please look at these screens. This happens for me when I got a TV show without a poster. In this case its "Hunting Chris Ryan".

I also have a very "slow" scroll, meaning that when I scroll very fast, I got the same poster for all TV SHOWS/MOVIES. This is not like this when I use simulair views in other skins?

- MikeTek - 2009-09-15

Sorry for asking questions and letting my newb show....I am very new to aeon and I have no since of history and changes. I will read all 200 pages of this thread at some point, but I want to dig in and play now Smile

I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terms...but how many covers should I be getting in non-dynamic cover flow view? I get 7, but some of the screen shots show more. I now there are previous posts discussing this change, but it appears as if those refer to the dynamic coverflow. Just curious if the non-dynamic is the same. Also I notice in some of videos displaying the skin, the options to change the views are at the top of the screen and mine are at the left side....is this only on the newest build or is that something I can change?

Thanks in advance.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-09-15

This looks amazing and from what i can see the next version will be even better!

Just on thing though why is the update media dialog in the middle of the screen, can it be moved seems an odd place for it?

- logictester - 2009-09-15

lestat1977uk Wrote:This looks amazing and from what i can see the next version will be even better!

Just on thing though why is the update media dialog in the middle of the screen, can it be moved seems an odd place for it?

all the dialogs are being redesigned and rewritten by andy - and look amazing so far Smile - he'll get to the content update dialog soon enough... Nod

- azido - 2009-09-15

soder Wrote:True.

But these trailers: Do you keep a trailer for every movie you got? OR how does that work?

I also have a very "slow" scroll, meaning that when I scroll very fast, I got the same poster for all TV SHOWS/MOVIES. This is not like this when I use simulair views in other skins?

yes, my goal is to have a trailer for every movie since trailers are available in the multiplex screen. it adds that "wow" factor for everyone that visits me.

regarding to that scrolling: show me a skin with 15 (!) available thumbs onscreen in coverflow (!!) view that hasn't this behaviour?

that type of displaying thumbs is beautiful, but slow as of it's nature. even on pm3 HD such a "roulette" view is noticeable slower than when using flat dvd thumb view. and that only shows 7 (!) thumbs..

to overcome this, you would have to reduce thumbs to 7 or even 5 - or use flat view.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-09-15

ah cool, can't wait been using hitched for quite awhile but he is ducking out now to work on other things, is Andy fully taking over? as i have noticed some similarities

- soder - 2009-09-15

azido Wrote:yes, my goal is to have a trailer for every movie since trailers are available in the multiplex screen. it adds that "wow" factor for everyone that visits me.

regarding to that scrolling: show me a skin with 15 (!) available thumbs onscreen in coverflow (!!) view that hasn't this behaviour?

that type of displaying thumbs is beautiful, but slow as of it's nature. even on pm3 HD such a "roulette" view is noticeable slower than when using flat dvd thumb view. and that only shows 7 (!) thumbs..

to overcome this, you would have to reduce thumbs to 7 or even 5 - or use flat view.

I think you have bad self confidence if you do all this to impress your friends. =) I will just scan my library in XBMC to keep it easy. No extra thumbs and trailers. =)

Ok, lets say that also the other skin got the behavior. But you say that the flat view is easier. Sure, but I can also see in flat. I would like to use flat if it only worked with dynamic.

I think the "not flat" view is "fun" the first time you wanna impress someone.

/Söder