Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-09-21

- azido - 2009-09-21

soder Wrote:Is [EMAIL="showmix@tickets.assembla.com"]showmix@tickets.assembla.com[/EMAIL] the correct email to mail the bug-report?

/Söder

yes it is. make sure you use the email adress you've signed up with to send ticket emails, else they go into /dev >nul.

if all is correct, it might need some time until they show up. happened to me, too.

- soder - 2009-09-21

azido Wrote:yes it is. make sure you use the email adress you've signed up with to send ticket emails, else they go into /dev >nul.

if all is correct, it might need some time until they show up. happened to me, too.

Hmm, I might have changed email...

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-21

soder Wrote:Hmm, I might have changed email...

/Söder

btw, in general you can reach me at skype for such talkings. i don't bite Wink

would keep the thread clean.. Rolleyes

- soder - 2009-09-21

azido Wrote:btw, in general you can reach me at skype for such talkings. i don't bite Wink

would keep the thread clean.. Rolleyes

sure. Added.
=)

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-21

soder Wrote:sure. Added.
=)

/Söder

Wink

btw: both are valid issues. can reproduce them.

- Danielocean - 2009-09-21

I've tested the new version... at the beginning there were some bugs (missing flags, no multiplex-menu, missing plot, etc.), but i've start xbmc some times, so now everything is perfect...

Great work, Andy!!! Thanx for that amazing mod!!!

PS: what should i do that the trailers starts everytime at the beginning and not at the last position?!

- azido - 2009-09-21

Danielocean Wrote:I've tested the new version... at the beginning there were some bugs (missing flags, no multiplex-menu, missing plot, etc.), but i've start xbmc some times, so now everything is perfect...

Great work, Andy!!! Thanx for that amazing mod!!!

PS: what should i do that the trailers starts everytime at the beginning and not at the last position?!

all you can do is this:

as trailers are treated as any other video media, there is no possibility to set this up individually, so beware that this will be a global setting that also affects startup of movies/episodes.

the only other way around is to watch/run trailers until they are finished.

edit: added a ticket (feature request). let's see if the devs come up with that..

global note to all users of showmix: i suggest starting 2.0 from scratch (fresh clone) as this is a huge update with much changes. this will prevent you from issues like daniel mentioned.

what do you mean, from scratch (fresh clone)? i've made a complete new skin in xbmc folder... i think that refreshing database took some time...

btw, what's the recommended svn of xbmc... i think this should be mentioned on the first page next to the download button...

Another bug... (was also a bug on 1.71)

That is on screen if i start the music section without any subfolders (before selecting a default)... but what icon show's me what?! there is no text, no difference... if i select these icons, it is the normal like "by artist", "by album", "by year", etc...

- zwat - 2009-09-21

i get error on git pull
error: entry '720p/DialogSongInfo.xml' not update. cannot merge.

- azido - 2009-09-21

Danielocean Wrote:i've made a complete new skin in xbmc folder...

that's what i mean with start from scratch.

Danielocean Wrote:btw, what's the recommended svn of xbmc... i think this should be mentioned on the first page next to the download button...

don't you think it's enough that there is a recommendation about exactly this topic on our wiki on first page (even in big letters, coloured red) ? Rolleyes

Danielocean Wrote:That is on screen if i start the music section without any subfolders (before selecting a default)..

if i get you right, you come up with this screen when you just installed a new skin and trigger music on home menu the first time.
if so, that is because there is no default set and it starts with wall view where there should be a list.

zwat Wrote:i get error on git pull
error: entry '720p/DialogSongInfo.xml' not update. cannot merge.

are you trying to pull an update from 1.71 to 2.00? don't. use a fresh clone.
for a general description what to do if that error occurs, read wiki.

azido Wrote:that's what i mean with start from scratch.
ok... that's what i've done... but had some probs on beginning...

azido Wrote:don't you think it's enough that there is a recommendation about exactly this topic on our wiki on first page (even in big letters, coloured red) ? Rolleyes
No, i think it's not enough... cause not everyone has a look on wiki, so where is the problem to take the recommended svn also on the the first page of this tread... and even if there is something new on the skin, there are only just five digits and everyone is sure that thats the best built at the moment for this skin... and who knows that better than the developers...

... and every "use the stable version" or "lates built" is obsolet... Rolleyes

azido Wrote:if i get you right, you come up with this screen when you just installed a new skin and trigger music on home menu the first time.
if so, that is because there is no default set and it starts with wall view where there should be a list.
not only for the first time, cause i don't use at the moment a default. i know that's not usual, but why there is no text, no piece of advice; not at the icon, not at the bottom...

- azido - 2009-09-21

Danielocean Wrote:No, i think it's not enough... cause not everyone has a look on wiki, so where is the problem

the problem is people asking for support but not reading the wiki.
there is a reason why we made one.

Quote:not only for the first time, cause i don't use at the moment a default. i know that's not usual, but why there is no text, no piece of advice; not at the icon, not at the bottom...
tech-talk:
because showmix doesn't have any container full of data it can display in this situation.
maybe setting the default view to list might overcome that problem. i'll talk to andy about that.

azido Wrote:the problem is people asking for support but not reading the wiki.
there is a reason why we made one.
don't understand me in a wrong way... i like the mod and i like the wiki... but for me (and a lot of other users), i don't need this wiki any more, cause the usage is clear... i think that wiki is really necessary for new users who use this skin/mod at the first time...
So i don't look regularly at the wiki, but i look regularly to the first page of this thread...

it's an easy way for everyone to take the recommended svn next to the download button, isn't i?!

azido Wrote:tech-talk:
because showmix doesn't have any container full of data it can display in this situation.
maybe setting the default view to list might overcome that problem. i'll talk to andy about that.
ok... i thought it is maybe a skin bug...

But let's go to this mod again... an maybe an other problem...
Firstly, i realy like that look!!! really a great work....

but what about the poster/preview on the right side?! for a preview its not the correct format... an a poster like an DVD cover or something else is not really a clever at this position... so i think you should edit the format for tahe preview... and then it's perfect!!!

At this screen, there is the same problem: the poster format...
Another idea: is there a possibility to toggle the icon "all seasions"?!