Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

wiki updated - azido - 2009-09-22

so far, all settings in showmix are now described in our wiki. also did some reorganisation to the table of contents page, like in example you can now browse to any desired page from that list.

tell me if there is something you do not understand, missing or wrong Shocked

next target is description of the vertical menu, after that i will go on putting more advanced topics in a faq section (like that hideall thing in advancedsettings.xml for example Wink)

- rj_connor - 2009-09-22

Should the mouse pointer show up, it's configured in the settings to but it wont show on the screen. If i move the mouse around it highlights things but i just can't see the pointer i have managed to get away with just the keyboard but would like to see the pointer.

- azido - 2009-09-22

rj_connor Wrote:Should the mouse pointer show up, it's configured in the settings to but it wont show on the screen. If i move the mouse around it highlights things but i just can't see the pointer i have managed to get away with just the keyboard but would like to see the pointer.

nope.

aeon is not designed to be used by mouse. but you can, if you put a pointer.xml into 720p dir.

- zwat - 2009-09-22

no mouse support in aeon if andyblac haven't done something about that,
or what ever azido says Big Grin

wiki - zwat - 2009-09-22

i don't understand the imdb star rating in skin. not sure if that is the xbmc wiki or not. gonna see the changes in ur wiki Big Grin

- azido - 2009-09-22

zwat Wrote:no mouse support in aeon if andyblac haven't done something about that,
or what ever azido says Big Grin

haha Laugh

go check aeonproject.com.

it was never meant to be used as a point and click skin even by sir duncan himself Big Grin

something completely different. - azido - 2009-09-22

now, this is beauty..

..wherever you look at.

Laugh

- rausch101 - 2009-09-22

azido Wrote:now, this is beauty..

..wherever you look at.

Laugh

That looks great. Oh and the skin looks pretty good too Wink Seriously though you guys are doing an amazing job polishing off Aeon. Your work is much appreciated!

- azido - 2009-09-22

rausch101 Wrote:That looks great. Oh and the skin looks pretty good too Wink Seriously though you guys are doing an amazing job polishing off Aeon. Your work is much appreciated!

thanks for the kind words, especially as there is no "but.." added Big Grin

- zwat - 2009-09-22

do xbmc or aeon support autostart of videoplaylists? know pm3 has autostart of musicplaylist.

- azido - 2009-09-22

zwat Wrote:do xbmc or aeon support autostart of videoplaylists? know pm3 has autostart of musicplaylist.

you mean upon startup? not that i know of.

but if you mean you want to play a collection of movies instead of browsing in them, just disable "open playlists" in settings -> advanced -> home.

- rausch101 - 2009-09-22

zwat Wrote:do xbmc or aeon support autostart of videoplaylists? know pm3 has autostart of musicplaylist.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53775&highlight=startup+playlist

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53768&highlight=startup+playlist

I'm pretty sure Hitcher added this to Hitched? I'm not positive though.

- phil65 - 2009-09-22

I have that mod integrated, havenĀ“t tested it for videos though

- patkhoo - 2009-09-23

azido Wrote:the difference between a scroll bar and such a "letter bar" is that on a scroll bar you simply move for a defined length inside list (say 10 items forward, 10 items back) whilst a letter bar would need more precise targets (first item starting with "F"). no idea how to code that.

Neither do I. It is a really, really difficult problem. A scroll-bar is a built-in entity inside XBMC while a Letter-Rolodex is not.. But Andy has done miracles before. Like with Extrathumbs... He's God.. Big Grin

azido Wrote:So u think the standard list view is no good? Or are you just referring to scrolling in huge lists in general..

Of course the standard list view sucks! Why else would I be using this fantastic mod? I still remember when the title for this thread was "Multiplex + Showcase Mod" Laugh It is Andy's youtube vids of Aeon Showmix that made me switch from Mediaportal to XBMC! That's how fantastic I think this stuff is. Go back to "List View" ? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Shocked

In any case, I'm sure the Big-List issues are true beyond just the movies section. If someone had a thousand songs from Various Artists, he/she would be screaming bloody murder too. And supplemented by excellent work by EMM/UMM/etc, it won't be long before no one wants to use list view with Aeon Showmix. I mean like for movies, with extrathumbs, it's fantastic!

azido Wrote:As long as we don't come up with a "onscreen" solution, i really suggest you guys assign the page up / page down keys to keys on your remote (if possible), as those do practically the same as the visible scroll bar, at least jumping approx as much items as they are displayed on one page.

True. But as someone mentioned just now, no other skin has solved this problem. Although I don't have the answer, I do know that if we (together) can think of a solution, yes an on-screen solution, this is would be another feather in Aeon Showmix cap. I guess I'm just pushing. Like Tina Fey, I'm a "pusher".. Wonder if anyone got that movie reference? Wink

- adriank99 - 2009-09-23

Hey,

I found what my problem was. Ok so first i installed a fresh copy of XBMC (XBMC-Rev22516) and the new Aeon Showmix 2.00. I also deleted the files from %appdata% so i completed started fresh. I still get this error:

im getting a blank ".." button:

when i hit the right arrow key, this glitch happens:

Even worse when i turn on the "TV Poster View" option in Views (Settings >>Advanced) It glitches even worse Tongue

Am i doing something wrong or is this a glitch?