Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-25

zwat Wrote:push it out NOW. Big Grin what about having z movies first in list and a movies at the bottom so u get like a round list like multiplex have. and will the push right for trailer be displayed if u haven't enabled trailers in setting?

still much to do. no pushing yet.

reverse order in sorting would be something to add to xbmc, not to the skin.

of course "push right for trailer" is only displayed if a) trailers are enabled and b) there IS a trailer.

- logictester - 2009-09-25

azido Wrote:great. i was worried ppl don't like the gaps.

@all:

was a bit tricky to find information about that NextLetter/PrevLetter keybinding, as it is not mentioned in online manual (at least keyword search did not give a result). but searching in xbmc trac timeline was successful, and i found out it is included since svn 14760 or even earlier Wink

so, in fact it's really easy to include..

assuming you know how to bind pageup/pagedown to keys on your remote, you would only need to open keyboard.xml (usually found in system\keymaps, remember if you want to keep your modified keymap.xml you need to move a copy to your userdata\keymaps directory), go to line 49 and change

<pageup>PageUp</pageup>
<pagedown>PageDown</pagedown>

to

<pageup>NextLetter</pageup>
<pagedown>PrevLetter</pagedown>

save, restart xbmc and you're done. Jumps are not always precisely done on my first tryout, but work in general.

we will try to create onscreen buttons for this (replacing the scrollbar) and see if that works.

Rolleyes JumpSMS browsing..... browse letters by numbers of your remote or keyborad....

- azido - 2009-09-25

logictester Wrote:Rolleyes JumpSMS browsing..... browse letters by numbers of your remote or keyborad....

yeah, of course that's a nice idea, too.

it's just that i have assigned my number keys to other functions already. and some remotes might even not have number keys..

- zwat - 2009-09-25

not reversed sorting but like u have in multiplex. first movie in middle screen and next movies on the right and the last movies on the left so a example in lowlist would be.

zombie that
zombie this
a boy
a girl
another boy

where bold is the selected one.

- logictester - 2009-09-25

azido Wrote:yeah, of course that's a nice idea, too.

it's just that i have assigned my number keys to other functions already.

it's not an ides - it's long implemented in xbmc - and you can configure it on specific screens - so video library = JumpSMS, any other = Numbers, i've posted the link here before give me a sec to find it again, here it is the original thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=238758&postcount=16

also usefull:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=341128#post341128

- azido - 2009-09-25

zwat Wrote:not reversed sorting but like u have in multiplex. first movie in middle screen and next movies on the right and the last movies on the left so a example in lowlist would be.

zombie that
zombie this
a boy
a girl
another boy

where bold is the selected one.

that does simply not work on a fixedlist as it does for coverflow thumbs.

- zwat - 2009-09-25

ok. too bad. but when at top (A) u can push up and get to the bottom (Z) and visa versa?

the "no extrathumbs case" - azido - 2009-09-25

we're adding an option into settings regarding extrathumbs. ppl like zwat who don't want to do extra work beside scraping can turn them off on low list in general.

other ppl might come across the situation where there are just missing extrathumbs for a specific entry/movie.. technically we cannot blend off everything, so the border and the glass effect will still be visible. we need a fallback image here - so this is what they will see on info trigger:

..we felt that this looks better than the default grey thumb that would be used instead, as that one surely would destroy the look.

what do you think?

- azido - 2009-09-25

zwat Wrote:ok. too bad. but when at top (A) u can push up and get to the bottom (Z) and visa versa?

that's the way it already works, yes.

- Danielocean - 2009-09-25

Just a small thing... but why not make the borders at the red arrows like at the green arrow... this grey borders un top and bottom of the info box... nobody needs this Wink

EDIT:
another thing: it could look better if you start flag with RATING an then the STUDIO... cause the german rating icons are colored, so it starts with color and then the blacw&white icons... could look a little bit more "calm"

- patkhoo - 2009-09-25

azido Wrote:abso-fuckin-lutely. Wink

Excellent! That's great! I wonder if you can do this.. When you have NOT trigger the info, the poster is small(er), then when you have trigger-ed info, the poster gets larger? This way, if you have not yet trigger-ed info, you get even MORE fanart space! OK, so maybe that's a tough one Laugh

azido Wrote:also we fixed selection to stay always in the middle. the only downgrade of this is, that you will have a gap on top on initial start and a gap on bottom when the end of list is reached.

I can live with that.. Small price to pay I think..

- patkhoo - 2009-09-25

azido Wrote:assuming you know how to bind pageup/pagedown to keys on your remote, you would only need to open keyboard.xml (usually found in system\keymaps, remember if you want to keep your modified keymap.xml you need to move a copy to your userdata\keymaps directory), go to line 49 and change

<pageup>PageUp</pageup>
<pagedown>PageDown</pagedown>

to

<pageup>NextLetter</pageup>
<pagedown>PrevLetter</pagedown>

we will try to create onscreen buttons for this (replacing the scrollbar) and see if that works.

This is excellent! I vote yes for replacing the scrollbar. I mean, effectively the scrollbar is an on-screen page-up/page-down right now anyway. So it would be more useful to "intelligently" page-up/page-down to letters/numbers of the name of the movie/music/yadda..

Even so, I will try to give the page/up/down->Next/PrevLetter mapping on my remote a go..

- patkhoo - 2009-09-25

logictester Wrote:it's not an ides - it's long implemented in xbmc - and you can configure it on specific screens - so video library = JumpSMS, any other = Numbers, i've posted the link here before give me a sec to find it again, here it is the original thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=238758&postcount=16

also usefull:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=341128#post341128

I looked through that and it's very nice - I might even give it a go.. But the truth is it is a little more complicated to use than I prefer. If we can have an on-screen PrevLetter/NextLetter, it would be better. At least it will be immediately useful to newbies who do not know their keymap.xml from their playercorefactory.xml...

- patkhoo - 2009-09-25

azido Wrote:ppl like zwat who don't want to do extra work beside scraping can turn them off on low list in general.

Poor zwat is getting picked on for "being lazy" and not enabling a checkbox option in EMM LaughRoflLaugh

- azido - 2009-09-25

logictester Wrote:it's not an ides - it's long implemented in xbmc - and you can configure it on specific screens - so video library = JumpSMS, any other = Numbers, i've posted the link here before give me a sec to find it again, here it is the original thread:

when i told about an idea i did not mean that this will be something cool to add in, i mean it's a good idea to use it.

although even if i am in library mode, i have some general keys assigned to my numbers on remote.. like skin reload, enter file manager, switch fullscreen visualisation/gui..

if i could map them according to what window i am in, maybe i would use it.