Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-10-04

Ram2000 Wrote:For me I would have to some how disable the angled view.... And I think personally I would prefer it still on the left.
However that said I could redo them all to fit your Low list.

i wonder if it would work better if we replace that animal font with the aeon main font (for consistancy with the mod) and get rid of the angle:

(just used 7 degree rotation clockwise for that..)

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-04

I am all for conforming to the norm ESP if someone else is doing all the work :p

just waiting for a space on the BF2 server ....

- azido - 2009-10-04

Ram2000 Wrote:I am all for conforming to the norm ESP if someone else is doing all the work :p

just waiting for a space on the BF2 server ....

shouldn't be that hard to do, since a) that's not that much pictures and b) luckily the text field is plain black so the text can be replaced without a pain.

still one thing left: we put a border, bevel and the glass effect upon those thumbs, so it might look strange with a transparent background.

space isn't a problem, as we could drop them to the resource center.

but before any further ongoing at this topic i have to talk to andy, as the thumbs have to be outside the xpr files to be replaced easily - dunno if he really likes to do so.

low list ongoing - azido - 2009-10-04

someone in here asked for more extrathumbs for movies..

we had the same idea.. so here it is:

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-04

I have found that the glass effect kinda makes the PNG aspect redundant and limits the size (these are a bit wider then the normal overlay.

But that said these where all created quite quickly and could be easily modified to fit if like you say Andy is interested...

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-04

azido Wrote:someone in here asked for more extrathumbs for movies..

we had the same idea.. so here it is:

Would they come up on the info trigger ? if not I think its getting away from the low list Idea which I always assumed was more fanart based with minimal extra info unless called for...

- azido - 2009-10-04

Ram2000 Wrote:Would they come up on the info trigger ? if not I think its getting away from the low list Idea which I always assumed was more fanart based with minimal extra info unless called for...

of course they only slide in when info is triggered (like before).

- azido - 2009-10-04

we've expanded that idea even further, so now those ppl not willing to handle extrathumbs at all (but still want to access info window for plot + trailer) can now turn off extrathumbs from the vertical menu for the low list..

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-05

very nice Wink

I cant wait much longer! Big Grin

FYI: Extrathumb order Appearance - azido - 2009-10-05

to prepare your extrathumbs for low list, here is where they appear on screen:

use Ember Media Manager to assign images to your extrathumbs dirs and/or reorder them with ease..

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-05

Would it be possible to add a setting for how many extrathumbs to show? Say if you choose two, it would show thumb1.jpg and thumb2.jpg but it would show them in the middle and bottom position on the left-hand side (where thumb3.jpg and thumb4.jpg are currently) - so basically like you had it in your older screenshots before you added more extrathumbs, and if you chose 3 thumbs it would use the three thumbnails on the left?

I think I'd personally prefer using the original 2 extrathumbs which would allow me to still see some of the fanart even with the info screen triggered (as in this earlier screenshot). It also seems like the reflection from the bottom extrathumb on the left hand side is gone in the latest screenshot.

- azido - 2009-10-05

Peligrozo Wrote:Would it be possible to add a setting for how many extrathumbs to show? Say if you choose two, it would show thumb1.jpg and thumb2.jpg but it would show them in the middle and bottom position on the left-hand side (where thumb3.jpg and thumb4.jpg are currently) - so basically like you had it in your older screenshots before you added more extrathumbs, and if you chose 3 thumbs it would use the three thumbnails on the left?

I think I'd personally be happy with using 2 which would still allow me to see some fanart even with the info screen triggered (as in this screenshot).

we think that will be too many options. and you might just have to get used to it.. personally i think this is really beautiful, especially when you turn info window to on and browse through your lib.. you'll notice how nice they blend together, and upon loading like they get filled from top to bottom.. i guess i do a video tomorrow, because we added another visual gimmick that can't be shown in a picture.

now once more we come to a point we both like much - and some of you don't.. but hey - that's how we like to have it. so - not to be understood as offense, but - maybe just accept here what we came up with. if you don't like to deal with those extrathumbs - turn them off. if you WANT extrathumbs, have 4 of them. really easy to handle with emm..

and keep in mind: it's not meant like that this view should be the default one for all libraries - we will redesign fullscreen multiplex too.. there you will have your 2 extrathumbs style window for sure.

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-05

azido Wrote:we think that will be too many options.

Yes, that might be right. How about two different layout options? This one and this one? Nod

It's not that I don't like the one with four extrathumbs, but it feels like it gets a bit too crowded, and I think I'd prefer having the left extrathumbs aligned to the bottom to have that nice reflection in it too (although I do realize that could make it look weird as it wouldn't be aligned with the right extrathumb on the top).

- logictester - 2009-10-05

i prefer it without the thumb on the right - it looks misplaced, and the alignment makes an empty floor on the left

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-05

logictester Wrote:i prefer it without the thumb on the right - it looks misplaced, and the alignment makes an empty floor on the left
Yeah, that's the same feeling that I have. I think this layout is pretty much perfect (although adding one more extrathumb there on the left hand side might work).