Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-11

DataVamp Wrote:Been trying to add a few new albums to the music library, but evrytime I scan item to library ShowMix crashes. Is this a known isssue or am I doing something wrong?
I have been adding mine for the last few days working ok here.

Have found one small bug though when exporting video library the Yes/No Option is not visible.

- azido - 2009-10-11

rj_connor Wrote:Great now i have the poster view back, but still having issue with the low list. What do you mean by a purge? remove everything and start over? i would have thought that changing to a new skin would just replace the old one including any chages made in the old one. If you think a purge will fix than i'll have ago just let me know the best way to do it...

chances are there are still settings left in guisettings.xml (from your older version).

with purge i mean go to settings -> customise -> purge.

alternate: remove everything between <skinsettings> and </skinsettings> in guisettings.xml.

might also be your xbmc version? you did not tell us which one you are using.

- azido - 2009-10-11

Ram2000 Wrote:Dont suppose you fancy giving a hint on unpacking and re-packing tried a google search but most of the links are dead.
I would like to change the watched icon two ....

download xprexpress

(does seem to work only on xp, though - tried vista and win7 with errors and unusable)

but don't expect any support from here in doing your own changes to the mod, ok?

- azido - 2009-10-11

Ram2000 Wrote:I have been adding mine for the last few days working ok here.

Have found one small bug though when exporting video library the Yes/No Option is not visible.

still not visible after a restart of xbmc? looks like a typical "visibility options no longer working for certain parts" issue.

- azido - 2009-10-11

temmi2000 Wrote:you can define a different watchedoverlay in the xmls. (look here:
http://github.com/temmi2000/aeon/commit/60e341e66907c6b4f31226e4aa8e24cefaedb752)

EDIT: Unpacking texture files isnĀ“t possible I think.

it is, as long as they are not protected from doing so.

showmix's textures.xpr and the colored ones are unprotected.

but redefining using an xml setting is a good idea.. cheers.

- azido - 2009-10-11

DataVamp Wrote:Been trying to add a few new albums to the music library, but evrytime I scan item to library ShowMix crashes. Is this a known isssue or am I doing something wrong?

i would try to track down which album causes the crash. clean your music database, even try to put it out of userdata so you get a fresh one generated.

that's no skin error for sure.

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-11

azido Wrote:still not visible after a restart of xbmc? looks like a typical "visibility options no longer working for certain parts" issue.

Did Try restarting was the same done a system restart and alls good again thanks

[Request] Feature - Ram2000 - 2009-10-11

Was trying to figure out how to add this as a ticket on the wiki sorry its late and i couldn't find it...

Was just thinking how great it would be if you could set one View as Default for all.

Thanks for the replies and I wouldn't expect any help for any modifications I made myself.

- rj_connor - 2009-10-11

azido Wrote:chances are there are still settings left in guisettings.xml (from your older version).

with purge i mean go to settings -> customise -> purge.

alternate: remove everything between <skinsettings> and </skinsettings> in guisettings.xml.

might also be your xbmc version? you did not tell us which one you are using.

Version is 22516

Strange thing is when i do a search for guisettings.xml i can't find it anywhere. Where is it normaly located?

- Hitcher - 2009-10-11

USERDATA folder.

- rj_connor - 2009-10-11

Hitcher Wrote:USERDATA folder.

Nope not in there.

So what does this mean then? It still runs fine, (apart from not being able to use the new skin correctly) can i just get the xml form somewhere and just re-add it to the userdate folder?

- azido - 2009-10-11

rj_connor Wrote:Nope not in there.

So what does this mean then? It still runs fine, (apart from not being able to use the new skin correctly) can i just get the xml form somewhere and just re-add it to the userdate folder?

it MUST be there. else you won't even have your screen size set.

maybe you are looking into the wrong userdata dir. on a typical installation there are 2 of them.

- Dullie - 2009-10-11

First, thanks for bringing up the Album name/Folder name on Music wall.. Highly appreciated..

Yesterday, I was in hoops and loops trying to figure why is Aeon so slow when browsing movies. I enabled developer mode and I noticed the FPS dropping 13 FPS... This is not normal isnt it..?

so I unistalled everything, changed the driver, and now I am scanning 310 plus movies which is a lengthy process!

Anyways, I like the idea of multiplex thumbs so much.. But making those thumbs is really a headache.. so I thought of a way to make it easier for us.. when I bookmark a certain time it takes a screenshot of the movie. I assume it saves the thumb somewhere.. Could it be possible to make this particular screenshot of the bookmark in the movie folder under an extrathumbs folder, and name it thumb1..?

I know I am shooting for the stars.. But, everything is possible isnt it? Smile

- curtis-r - 2009-10-11

Okay, with over 3000 posts in this mod thread, what are the chances that the XBMC higher-ups will allow a sub-folder for Showmix? I got too busy to follow this thread a week or so ago, and almost needed to cancel a days-worth of patients to catch up Laugh

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-11

Dullie Wrote:First, thanks for bringing up the Album name/Folder name on Music wall.. Highly appreciated..

Anyways, I like the idea of multiplex thumbs so much.. But making those thumbs is really a headache.. so I thought of a way to make it easier for us.. when I bookmark a certain time it takes a screenshot of the movie. I assume it saves the thumb somewhere.. Could it be possible to make this particular screenshot of the bookmark in the movie folder under an extrathumbs folder, and name it thumb1..?

I know I am shooting for the stars.. But, everything is possible isnt it? Smile

Make your Life ALOT easier and quicker use a media manager like Ember will do all the hard work for you
and if god forbid you need to rescan your library takes seconds instead of hours..