Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-10-26

chareos Wrote:Oh my... This was a suggestion I had in mind for quite some time now...
meanwhile it's already landed in Showmix.
Perhaps I didn't notice before 'cause I got struck to the 1.7.1 version from the Git download button...
I tried today with 2.1, and looks wonderful !

ok then.. hehe Wink

- curtis-r - 2009-10-26

mcai3db3 Wrote:I'm guessing he just doesn't want the settings menus to appear at all? In which case, Kiosk mode is what he wants (if that is on ShowMix, can't remember).

Yes, that's exactly what I want. Sounds like Kiosk mode is what I need. I'll dig into that further & leave the Showmix thread out of it. Thanks for the help as always.

- brainzor - 2009-10-26

I don't know if this is possible, but I would find it very helpfull if there would be a way to select a random movie. I know there is a possibility to do it via playlists, but it would be nicer if, when you are scrolling through the movies, you could just go (without it starting to play) to a random movie in the list.
Is there a possibility to do that? Or can it be implemented.

Thank you in advance!

btw: The new lowlist is amazing!

- TheSwede1970 - 2009-10-26

azido Wrote:yeah, but he wants the poster and extrathumbs being angled like we did it in our low list.

Ok, i really like that view i compared mine too, is that coming?

- azido - 2009-10-26

brainzor Wrote:I don't know if this is possible, but I would find it very helpfull if there would be a way to select a random movie. I know there is a possibility to do it via playlists, but it would be nicer if, when you are scrolling through the movies, you could just go (without it starting to play) to a random movie in the list.
Is there a possibility to do that? Or can it be implemented.

Thank you in advance!

btw: The new lowlist is amazing!

why don't you just change the behaviour of the recently added widget? it can show you random (unseen) movies if you set it up to.

- azido - 2009-10-26

TheSwede1970 Wrote:Ok, i really like that view i compared mine too, is that coming?

not from us. we don't want such an angled view.

- TheSwede1970 - 2009-10-27

azido Wrote:not from us. we don't want such an angled view.

Not the angled view... the one below (discard the YES/NO thing)

- UnisonRuss - 2009-10-27

On second thought, once this view becomes available, it will become my default view...I absolutely love it Nod

- patkhoo - 2009-10-27

azido Wrote:first, thanks to soder and especially pathkoo to answer some of those questions.

No problem at all.. Just doing my part...

And thanks for the detailed explanation.. I am a software developer IRL, and so I deal with customer issues all the time and 95% of the time, all the customer is looking for is an update/info from support/devs on what the situation is. Once they have that, almost all of them always understand the need to give support/devs time to fix the problem. Typically (and I am guilty of this too), we support/devs always get irritated by such questions, and try to blow them off with comments like "RTFM", yadda.. Which only serves to irritate/piss off the customers/users.

So kudos to you, Matt, for spending the time and effort to write such a nice, detailed explanation. Laugh

- patkhoo - 2009-10-27

UnisonRuss Wrote:Image

Minor suggestion on the coverflow:
* Move the cover flow slightly higher from the bottom of the screen
* The movie cover that is currently highlighted (enlarged) can then reach from slightly below the coverflow to above the coverflow. This would give an even stronger visual of the currently selected cover jumping "out" at you..

- UnisonRuss - 2009-10-27

^^ That may block too much of the fanart... I think it would be better the way it already is Nod Although all tastes are a little different, it really is up to the devs of the skin.

- soder - 2009-10-27

What is the default img for the "now playing"? Both my "latest added" album in this screen, and "now playing" albums, are albums with no cover art.

Anyhow they are having different default thumbs?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-27

soder Wrote:What is the default img for the "now playing"? Both my "latest added" album in this screen, and "now playing" albums, are albums with no cover art.

Anyhow they are having different default thumbs?

/Söder

one is defaultAudio.png, the other is defaultAlbumCover.png

- azido - 2009-10-27

UnisonRuss Wrote:^^ That may block too much of the fanart... I think it would be better the way it already is Nod Although all tastes are a little different, it really is up to the devs of the skin.

that one is just a variation like we had before, changeable by the STYLE trigger.

also note you can turn info to trigger or off so will get enough of the fanart then. it's not always fanart that goes to our main target Wink

@rest: the title display (and it's texture) went to bottom again. screenshots will be done soon and presented at the resource center. first i need to complete my re-install of a full version win7).

- azido - 2009-10-27

TheSwede1970 Wrote:Not the angled view... the one below (discard the YES/NO thing)

yes, that one is the poster view and it will come (although slightly modified now).