Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- bblauritzen - 2009-11-04

Hey everyone.

Is there an easy way to modify what info there's shown in the multiplex view?

More specific, i don't need to read a 3 pages resume of the movie when I'm fast browsing, i just want the plot outline to be displayed. If i want the long story i'll press info and then the detailed view pops up with the long plot.

My best guess is that its just a small change in one of the .xml files...but where..?

- Peligrozo - 2009-11-04

The easiest way would be to use EMM.

- fidoboy - 2009-11-04

How can i translate the strings? most of texts are in english only... There is a spanish folder with strings.xml but it seems that this skin is not using it...

- azido - 2009-11-04

fidoboy Wrote:How can i translate the strings? most of texts are in english only... There is a spanish folder with strings.xml but it seems that this skin is not using it...

change your region in settings to spanish.
edit the spanish strings.xml to suit your needs. the best idea would be to compare english strings.xml with the spanish one, then copy over missing string id's to the spanish one and translate them. after that, supply your update to us, so we can include it in further releases.

- bblauritzen - 2009-11-04

Peligrozo Wrote:The easiest way would be to use EMM.

Im already using it. I just wanted to change the way that the skin read the .nfo file. I figured it out, took the Viewtype_Multiplex_Info.xml and did a search/replace, changing all the ListItem.Plot to ListItem.PlotOutline. and it did the trick so now instead of showing the <plot> tag from the .nfo it now shows the <PlotOutline>..But thanks anyway.. Cool

- azido - 2009-11-04

Peligrozo Wrote:The easiest way would be to use EMM.

that would also mean he only gets the outline in the video info dialog.

- azido - 2009-11-04

bblauritzen Wrote:Hey everyone.

Is there an easy way to modify what info there's shown in the multiplex view?

More specific, i don't need to read a 3 pages resume of the movie when I'm fast browsing, i just want the plot outline to be displayed. If i want the long story i'll press info and then the detailed view pops up with the long plot.

My best guess is that its just a small change in one of the .xml files...but where..?

do a search for listitem.Plot and change it to listitem.PlotOutline for every instance except in dialogvideoinfo.xml as that's the fullscreen info page.
hint: Viewtype_Multiplex_Info.xml is the most obvious one if you only want to change it for multiplex, but be warned that this also contains the plot section for low list info windows.

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-11-04

I just installad ubuntu 9.10.. is the "SVN 22516" still the best ver of xbmc to run Showmix?

- azido - 2009-11-04

PrimaryMaster Wrote:I just installad ubuntu 9.10.. is the "SVN 22516" still the best ver of xbmc to run Showmix?

once again: you can go up to 22528.

this is valid until xbmc 9.11 alpha1 hits the official road.

- Songoku - 2009-11-04

Hi

first of all thanks for the perfect job. Looks amazing.

I have a very simple question.

My only problem is with the studio flags. I can just see columbia and some fox. I am using Media info plus for the infos. Even when i used xbmc's scrabber i wasnt able to get the studio flags.

I will be so happy if somebody can give me clue.

XBMCRev24171-dx

- azido - 2009-11-04

Songoku Wrote:Hi

first of all thanks for the perfect job. Looks amazing.

I have a very simple question.

My only problem is with the studio flags. I can just see columbia and some fox. I am using Media info plus for the infos. Even when i used xbmc's scrabber i wasnt able to get the studio flags.

I will be so happy if somebody can give me clue.

XBMCRev24171-dx

there is one easy rule to follow (that has nothing to do with your xbmc build):
whatever MIP puts in the <studio> tag must have an image in media\flags\studios with the exact same name.

simple example:

if MIP puts in <studio>arte</studio> it will be shown as a flag as we have an arte.png in our folder.
if MIP puts in <studio>arte television</studio> it won't be shown because arte televison.png does not exist.

hope that makes sense to you and you now can make your conclusions on how to overcome your situation.

- fidoboy - 2009-11-05

azido Wrote:change your region in settings to spanish.
edit the spanish strings.xml to suit your needs. the best idea would be to compare english strings.xml with the spanish one, then copy over missing string id's to the spanish one and translate them. after that, supply your update to us, so we can include it in further releases.

But all other skins works fine with spanish translation, is this skin the only one where i can't get some texts translated (for example the options in home screen)

Any other idea?

- azido - 2009-11-05

fidoboy Wrote:But all other skins works fine with spanish translation, is this skin the only one where i can't get some texts translated (for example the options in home screen)

Any other idea?

there is no other idea. unless you can teach me spanish in 5 minutes. then i can do the additions for myself.

- fidoboy - 2009-11-05

I'm sorry if i'm not explained well the situation. I've the strings.xml file translated into spanish (i've done it starting with the english one) but some strings are not being translated (and i've translated all strings). I can send you the strings.xml in spanish if you want...

regards,

- phil65 - 2009-11-05

fidoboy Wrote:I'm sorry if i'm not explained well the situation. I've the strings.xml file translated into spanish (i've done it starting with the english one) but some strings are not being translated (and i've translated all strings). I can send you the strings.xml in spanish if you want...

regards,

They´re probably hardcoded, so you cannot translate them into other languages atm.