Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-11-06

ShizzlePDX503 Wrote:I am guessing that there won't be an update until the 9.11 version of XBMC is stable. Would this be a correct assumption?

we are neither involved in the process of getting a stable xbmc build, nor we are waiting for one, so this is a completely different topic. as i said before: whenever we are ready, we will try to make sure showmix runs with whatever version of xbmc will be official then.

- azido - 2009-11-06

Ay-Jay Wrote:n00b question (I think):
I downloaded and installed the showmix skin via the download/installer script

That seems to have worked fine, but in some places I am missing images I think. The home screen does not show any backgrounds for example (like the conditioned weather backgrounds). Also when I browse a media section (movies, tv shows) and I want to change the view (to multiplex:art for example), there are no images indicating the layout options for example, except for the "current". Also, it seems not all flags are shown when browsing movies (like studio, rating, are fine, but resolution, audio, etc not).

I am using the latest stable release of XBMC. Did I do something wrong, or is something broken?

(I did search this thread, but with so many pages of posts I did not see the same problem elsewhere. Although this post looks like it, it is not the same issue I experience)

Other than that: I love this skin and app!

too many open options, if you ask me. i advise:

step one: download a full copy of showmix directly from github (don't use the download button though) and try that one instead
step two: go back to a recommended build of xbmc and see if it works there
step three: beg we will be finished with our update soon Wink

the combination of the troubles you mentioned never appeared to me.

- Songoku - 2009-11-06

Right now i am using Ember Media Manager for movies. All infos working perfectly.

What do you suggest for TV Shows scrabers?

- Peligrozo - 2009-11-07

Songoku Wrote:Right now i am using Ember Media Manager for movies. All infos working perfectly.

What do you suggest for TV Shows scrabers?
Me, and most others I believe, are just using the XBMC scraper for TV shows. It works pretty well, but it would indeed be nice with an "EMM" type program for TV shows (which can do season specific fanarts etc).

- patkhoo - 2009-11-07

Ay-Jay Wrote:n00b question (I think):
I downloaded and installed the showmix skin via the download/installer script

That seems to have worked fine, but in some places I am missing images I think. The home screen does not show any backgrounds for example (like the conditioned weather backgrounds). Also when I browse a media section (movies, tv shows) and I want to change the view (to multiplex:art for example), there are no images indicating the layout options for example, except for the "current". Also, it seems not all flags are shown when browsing movies (like studio, rating, are fine, but resolution, audio, etc not).

I am using the latest stable release of XBMC. Did I do something wrong, or is something broken?

(I did search this thread, but with so many pages of posts I did not see the same problem elsewhere. Although this post looks like it, it is not the same issue I experience)

Other than that: I love this skin and app!

Yes. Showmix is not officially supported on Camelot Alpha 1 or Babylon 9.04.1.repack2 at this time. Please use the recommended SVN build. If you use showmix with camelot, well, just be patient with the niggles.. andy and matt will get it fixed eventually.

PS. Matt: Maybe you might want to put an (extra) disclaimer on wiki to say that camelot alpha 1 is not supported at this time?

- azido - 2009-11-07

patkhoo Wrote:PS. Matt: Maybe you might want to put an (extra) disclaimer on wiki to say that camelot alpha 1 is not supported at this time?

done.

- zwat - 2009-11-07

this thread is gettin pretty huge. what about closing this and opening a new one when next release of showmix is out?

- azido - 2009-11-08

zwat Wrote:this thread is gettin pretty huge. what about closing this and opening a new one when next release of showmix is out?

dunno, that's up to andy.

although i never had any problems following the ongoing in here using the subscribe function.

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-11-08

okej let se...
i have the svn 22528 (the recommended svn) and it runs on ubuntu 9.10
When i run "multiplex" the posters is not loading so fast.. so if i scroll to the right the posters dont popup right away, it takes around 1-2 sec... It dont look very nice when scrolling around the movies..

I dont know if this is just me but. can this be fix in some way?
If i testa Aeon65, it flows much faster....

Ps. Sorry for my bad english....

- azido - 2009-11-08

PrimaryMaster Wrote:okej let se...
i have the svn 22528 (the recommended svn) and it runs on ubuntu 9.10
When i run "multiplex" the posters is not loading so fast.. so if i scroll to the right the posters dont popup right away, it takes around 1-2 sec... It dont look very nice when scrolling around the movies..

I dont know if this is just me but. can this be fix in some way?
If i testa Aeon65, it flows much faster....

Ps. Sorry for my bad english....

the updated one will be faster.

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:the updated one will be faster.

ooo thats sound good =)
so now comes the question:

Any ETA on the ver?

- azido - 2009-11-09

PrimaryMaster Wrote:ooo thats sound good =)
so now comes the question:

Any ETA on the ver?

i believe it was ID software inventing the term "when it's done."

too many open road works to do to give an eta, sorry.

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:i believe it was ID software inventing the term "when it's done."

okej!! =)

Lets just hope its not to far away...

- patkhoo - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:i believe it was ID software inventing the term "when it's done."

I would suggest a possible release approach - WHEN showmix is ready for some beta testing. Have a special zip download of showmix beta 1 to work with a specific alpha/beta of camelot. And then do like how XBMC devs do it, get bug reports etc etc for that particular combination specifically. In this manner, (officially) releasing the next major release of Showmix can be more organised and hopefully bug-free.

Understand, I'm just suggesting a release management strategy, not a date Big Grin

- azido - 2009-11-09

patkhoo Wrote:I would suggest a possible release approach - WHEN showmix is ready for some beta testing. Have a special zip download of showmix beta 1 to work with a specific alpha/beta of camelot. And then do like how XBMC devs do it, get bug reports etc etc for that particular combination specifically. In this manner, (officially) releasing the next major release of Showmix can be more organised and hopefully bug-free.

Understand, I'm just suggesting a release management strategy, not a date Big Grin

this could all be valid, but at the current stage it simply isn't of any use in terms of beta testing, as there are generally unfinished parts here and there. like in the middle of multiplex updating andy decided to work on an 1080p version of the skin, which then brought him back to fixing dialog issues as he has to go through all the code again, then he started getting rid of a seperate video info window (yes, read on this that in future releases that will be part of the info window in lib view, so you get your cast in there, too Wink ) - so in fact when i say "too many open road works" i mean it exactly like that..