Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Stranger - 2009-11-19

azido Wrote:first of all: thanks for your approval.

unfortunately i wasn't fast enough, rapidshare told me it could only be downloaded 10 times, and that limit is already reached.

please reupload that file - mediafire would be a good place to put it, since it has no download limit.

thank you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yqjj3m0i2yy

- azido - 2009-11-19

DR. Stranger Wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?yqjj3m0i2yy

thanks, getting it now.

by the way: you should consider adding templates for divx and xvid, maybe even for mpeg2 too. most of the time divx/xvid do not really fit dvd specs Wink

- azido - 2009-11-19

chippie Wrote:Hi azido,

Can you have multiple certifications under <mpaa> and if so how does the skin determine which local to use?

With EMM it scrapes the <mpaa> but also <certification> which lists all of them;

So just wondering which is correct and if certification is required?

we only display the one that is shown in the <mpaa> tag and only one.

- chippie - 2009-11-19

azido Wrote:we only display the one that is shown in the <mpaa> tag.

Thanks

- zwat - 2009-11-20

azido Wrote:by the way: you should consider adding templates for divx and xvid, maybe even for mpeg2 too. most of the time divx/xvid do not really fit dvd specs Wink

i don't agree with you there. at least i'm not interested in the codec\format but the source. problem is how to get this info. either by foldername or filename and in the "scene" way would be scraping it based on foldername. however ppl might not use this naming standard so it wont be usable for everyone. could of course have telecine\ts\screener\cam\vhs templates too for those how get that quality.

- soder - 2009-11-20

zwat Wrote:i don't agree with you there. at least i'm not interested in the codec\format but the source. problem is how to get this info. either by foldername or filename and in the "scene" way would be scraping it based on foldername. however ppl might not use this naming standard so it wont be usable for everyone. could of course have telecine\ts\screener\cam\vhs templates too for those how get that quality.

But, when we are talking decodes, isn't the codac/format more important then the source? =)

/Söder

- neurosis13 - 2009-11-20

for me it should be this way:

Blu-ray (includes hd-dvd or not)
Hdtv
DVD iso
DVD-rips (divx,xvid,whatever)
TV-rips (movies, shows,etc)

codecs are not importand and shown as a mediaflag anyway.

- zwat - 2009-11-20

soder Wrote:But, when we are talking decodes, isn't the codac/format more important then the source? =)

/Söder

never done any rips myself so not sure how it works, but can't u code a old vhs video camera tape from the 60s as x264 and then it would be "tagged" with a bluray template? think it's more likely that a bluray source is coded with x264 than crappy asf or mpg and that a bad source is not coded with x264.

- azido - 2009-11-20

zwat Wrote:i don't agree with you there. at least i'm not interested in the codec\format but the source. problem is how to get this info. either by foldername or filename and in the "scene" way would be scraping it based on foldername. however ppl might not use this naming standard so it wont be usable for everyone. could of course have telecine\ts\screener\cam\vhs templates too for those how get that quality.

i'm only referring to what is displayed in the codec flag, which is either the source (if reading from file) or the codec. thing is, IF i am already modifying all my posters, i would not put a DVD template over a movie which obviously only is a rip-off as divx/xvid/something - because for me that is no DVD. a DVD for me is either a real dvd or an iso of it, but not a rip.

according to your problem: exactly. i don't even mind how the scene obtained a movie - all i want to know is what is present in my library. if i KNOW it's a bluray, i would put a bluray template on that one. if i KNOW its HD-DVD, i do the same with hddvd. and well, i KNOW that my DVDs are real DVDS so they would get the dvd overlay. but the rest? i don't keep that shitty filenames from the scene if i download a rip. all i see is its either divx or xvid, which is enough for me.

anyway, this kind of discussion is rather useless, as it will be only for those that want to modify their posters. and from my point of view it wouldn't be really hard to supply more templates for this matter.. then it's up to you to use it or leave it.

- azido - 2009-11-20

zwat Wrote:never done any rips myself so not sure how it works, but can't u code a old vhs video camera tape from the 60s as x264 and then it would be "tagged" with a bluray template? think it's more likely that a bluray source is coded with x264 than crappy asf or mpg and that a bad source is not coded with x264.

of course you can encode it in h264/x264 doing a complete waste. anyway, that won't enlarge it's screen dimensions Wink so it won't show bluray anyway as that is something readed from filename.

- azido - 2009-11-20

neurosis13 Wrote:for me it should be this way:

Blu-ray (includes hd-dvd or not)
Hdtv
DVD iso
DVD-rips (divx,xvid,whatever)
TV-rips (movies, shows,etc)

codecs are not importand and shown as a mediaflag anyway.

a divx is not always a dvd-rip, but of course i see that's enough info for you.

- audioholic - 2009-11-23

Hi,

I am a big fan of MMA fights and i want to make that a separate menu item for that. I went through all menu options and i couldn't find it. Anyone willing to help?

- adriank99 - 2009-11-23

audioholic Wrote:Hi,

I am a big fan of MMA fights and i want to make that a separate menu item for that. I went through all menu options and i couldn't find it. Anyone willing to help?

i don't think that you can do that in GUI. I think you have to code for that. I would also like to know how to do this if anyone would care to explain Smile

- sergiocos - 2009-11-23

You can put all the files in a specific folder called, let's say, 'MMA' and then ADD that folder to FAVOURITES. Then you can specify (in Favourite TAB located somewhere in SETTINGS) if you want to add that 'favourite folder/item' to MAIN MENU.

- audioholic - 2009-11-24

Thanks sergiocos. It works!!