Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- andyblac - 2009-07-05

RazorFR Wrote:I sorted out my fullscreen info minor pbs. just a couple of thing to add in includemediaflag.
ac-3 to ac3 and also that

<visible>!substring(listitem.filename,dvd) + !substring(listitem.filename,bluray) + !substring(listitem.filename,hdtv) + !substring(listitem.filename,blu-ray) + !substring(listitem.filename,bdrip) + !substring(listitem.filename,.iso,Right) + !substring(listitem.filename,.ifo,Right)</visible>

to prevent the hdtv and codec logo to show both at the same time

this has been fixed now in the git, thanks for spotting this error

Andy.

- steve1977 - 2009-07-05

Just noticed a bug, which should be easy to fix.

Fullscreen: off
Style: art
Info: trigger

When I press "down", info shows up and trailer immediately starts playing (thats ok)
When I press "up", info shows up; however, when I press down info disappears and the trailer only plays when i press another time down.

Not a big thing, but would be good to see it fixed. Thanks!!!

- pletopia - 2009-07-05

downloaded this mod today and got to say .. quite impressed for this being your first mod

anyway .. i played around with this a bit and just wanted to maybe make a small recommendation

i love the coverflow you added to multiplex .. but i think that there might be a bit too many items and hence the posters are a bit too small

maybe take out 1 item from each side and make the posters a bit bigger ??

also .. not really a fan of the sound theme you used .. its too PM3 for me .. i think the sound scheme used by a mod of the original aeon is alot nicer

maybe take you'd like to take a look? the skin is only 8MB or so, so should be a quick download
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?izlatx1i3iz

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-07-05

pletopia Wrote:but i think that there might be a bit too many items and hence the posters are a bit too small

maybe take out 1 item from each side and make the posters a bit bigger ??

If you switch to Fullscreen Multiplex they wont be small Oo

- andyblac - 2009-07-05

steve1977 Wrote:Just noticed a bug, which should be easy to fix.

Fullscreen: off
Style: art
Info: trigger

When I press "down", info shows up and trailer immediately starts playing (thats ok)
When I press "up", info shows up; however, when I press down info disappears and the trailer only plays when i press another time down.

Not a big thing, but would be good to see it fixed. Thanks!!!

are you using the latest git update, that been fixed Smile

- pletopia - 2009-07-05

using regular or full screen multiplex doesn't change the size of the posters across the bottom .. those are the ones i was talking about

also .. i enabled "Conditional Weather" but its giving me the same background over and over

- andyblac - 2009-07-05

pletopia Wrote:also .. not really a fan of the sound theme you used .. its too PM3 for me .. i think the sound scheme used by a mod of the original aeon is alot nicer

maybe take you'd like to take a look? the skin is only 8MB or so, so should be a quick download
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?izlatx1i3iz

OK, if there a consensus i'll change them, what do you all think ?

- andyblac - 2009-07-05

pletopia Wrote:also .. i enabled "Conditional Weather" but its giving me the same background over and over

all weather photo's are of the old shack, but just with different atmospherical conditions.

Andy.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-07-05

pletopia Wrote:using regular or full screen multiplex doesn't change the size of the posters across the bottom .. those are the ones i was talking about

ok poster thumbs I'm with you now can't say the size has been a problem for me

- pletopia - 2009-07-05

andyblac Wrote:all weather photo's are of the old shack, but just with different atmospherical conditions.

Andy.

ahh .. didn't realize that Smile
thought it was like CF2009's mod that had lots of random pics

on a side note .. i wanted to add the animated weather to my mod .. does anyone know what code needs to edited/added ??

- andyblac - 2009-07-05

pletopia Wrote:using regular or full screen multiplex doesn't change the size of the posters across the bottom .. those are the ones i was talking about

can't do much about anyway because of the height restriction.

Congrats on an Excellent Job! - patkhoo - 2009-07-05

Hi Andy,

First, I must congratulate you on your excellent work. I have been using MediaPortal (with a MediaStream look-alike skin) for several years, and I was looking to change out of it.. Reasons for that are for a different post. I tried Meedio, but found it was really complex (more than MediaPortal). I had tried XBMC before, but I couldn't get it to work with my Logitech Harmony. And then I came across your YouTube video of Aeon ShowMix and I was blown away. I've read every post on this thread.. Regardless of whatever shortcomings XBMC has, and what (extra) troubles I had to go through to get XBMC to work right, your skin is so compelling, I just HAD to get it working. It is that good.. Smile

OK, so the buttering up aside, there are a bunch of things I'd like to report..

a) I just did an XBMC Update to the very latest (21404), and I used Git GUI to get the latest Aeon Showmix. Maybe I did it wrong? I run Git GUI, "Open Existing Repository", browse to Skin/Aeon ShowMix, Open, then in the menu, "Remote > Fetch From > Origin".. Is that the right way? Seems like something is not quite right.. In any case, when I opened it, in "Unstaged Changes" it lists "sounds/sounds.xml" Do I have to re-get the whole thing again?

b) In movies, If I choose (Panel Thin, Floor Night, Window Light) Shade to be anything other than Black, the panel does not show up at all..

c) I happen to like the changing backgrounds on Home. So I set up folders and pointed all the backgrounds to cycle through the images. It's great! Except for Settings. In Home, the BG when you are on Settings cycles no problem, but when you enter the settings menu, the background changes every second, resulting in a psychedelic hypnotic flash of colour and images Smile Seems like a timing problem?

d) I do not think this is Aeon Showmix specific, but I was wondering how to setup the choice to play using the internal dvdplayer or external player. I have followed the instructions to set default player to external (MPC HC) and it works great. I can watch a movie and it defaults to MPC HC, or I can context menu and choose "Play with" and choose dvdplayer. The problem comes when I want to set dvdplayer as the default and still have the choice to choose external player. I can't seem to get the "Play with" option to come up..

Anyway, just to re-iterate, your skin is fantastic.. I'm still working on my XBMC setup so I am still focused on Movies. I just got a new Drobo today, so I'll be exploring TV Shows and Music with Aeon ShowMix in the days/weeks to come! Great Job!

- steve1977 - 2009-07-05

andyblac Wrote:are you using the latest git update, that been fixed Smile

Mmh, just downloaded 3 hours ago. Guess there is another update in the meantime. Will try to download another version next weekend.

Cheers!!!

- pletopia - 2009-07-05

steve1977 Wrote:Mmh, just downloaded 3 hours ago. Guess there is another update in the meantime. Will try to download another version next weekend.

Cheers!!!

setup git on your machine and you can just download the changes .. very quick and efficient

ohh .. and http://github.com/andyblac/aeon/commits/master lists all changes made

- erfrizzera - 2009-07-05

Sorry folks, im having a little problem with this skin

in the mains menu, where is the tv shows and movies, i cant put that damn backdrops. I just get a black backdrop

im using xbmc v.21404 and 0.74 for shwocase mix