Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Ayla - 2009-07-07

>>X<<' Wrote:No that would take 500 minutes Laugh

Yup, plus you would have trouble with subtitles, in 2 parts. You would also have to join the subs everytime.

I don't like that "joining" solution Smile

- GreggieM - 2009-07-07

andyblac Wrote:regarding scraping it should have nothing to do the skin maybe TMDB has a problem, i dont use XBMC to scrape, i use EMM

Andy.

Thx, for pointing me to EMM Smile

I scrapped all the information. (incl. pictures of actors and trailer). But how do I get them in my moviedetails with your mod?

Thx for helping me

Greg

- pletopia - 2009-07-07

scraping with EMM should have created the additional files (including a nfo file) for your movies

now all you need to do is either reload each movie in xbmc .. or delete your xbmc db and regenerate it from scratch (it will be pretty decently fast if you already have the files and info sitting on your hd and not out on the internet)

- AnalogKid - 2009-07-07

Ayla Wrote:Why does XBMC use 'part1/part2' (filename) to find the extrathumbs directory?

I mean, that directory has nothing to do with the filename, only the foldername... like: MyDrive/movies/watchmen/extrathumbs/

I too am curious about this, since doesn't listitem.path return the path, and is then appended with "extrathumbs/xxx.jpg" ?

- lonchaney - 2009-07-08

andyblac Wrote:do you have the latest SVN version of XBMC if not get from here them put those files / folder back from git of my skin. that should work

Andy.

when i dl the svn it doesn't give me an install file or anything like that...how do i set it up?

- andyblac - 2009-07-08

pletopia Wrote:hey andy .. can you take a look at this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54175

i mention this .. cause i was playing around with your mod right now .. and noticed that if i running tv in poster mode (multiplex with flow layout) .. i get the same flicker/stutter of the incoming flag

HOWEVER .. when i disable poster mode for tv (so get the 16x9 banners) ... this phenomenon doesn't exists

i dont know why your getting flashes, i'm not i was in the beginning, because the poster thumbs where not loading quick enough as they enter the screen. but to get around this i load 1 poster on each side OFF screen before it is brought onto the screen, maybe your browsing to quickly for your computers processor or network to handle. the >preloaditems> did not work, and IIRC it introduced a bug cant remember what it was, but i do remember it was annoying one.

Andy.

- andyblac - 2009-07-08

Batemann Wrote:Looking good. Very Good. Fits In Aeon Nicely. In Git Yet? Laugh

it is now Big Grin

Andy.

- lonchaney - 2009-07-08

I still haven't been able to get the flags to work...does anyone have any other ideas? i've updated to the latest svn (or i think i have) and i've changed my include_mediaflags.xml and my flags folder and still nothing shows up

maybe someone can upload their xml that works and their flags folder and i can see if using yours will help...

i love the mod but i really wanna get the flags working

- weezertom - 2009-07-08

prove it

- rausch101 - 2009-07-08

andyblac Wrote:turn on developer mode as follows:

CUSTOMISE --> ADVANCED --> GENERAL --> DELEVELOPER MODE

once you have done that, select the movie in question, press "i" for the infomation page and you should now see some debug info,

in the video codec tag: name the file the same as the result.
ie.

VIDEO CODEC TAG:MPEG then name your file MPEG.png ther are stored in MEDIA/FLAGS/CODEC

hope that makes sense

Andy.
(dont forget turn developer mode off when done)

Perfect...thanks andy. It's almost impossible to not get the flags working correctly with this information.

One thing that's a little confusing though is that the path for the audio channels and audio codec is listed as "FLAGS/INFO/" when it's actually "FLAGS/SOUND/"

- curtis-r - 2009-07-08

andyblac Wrote:turn on developer mode as follows:

CUSTOMISE --> ADVANCED --> GENERAL --> DELEVELOPER MODE

once you have done that, select the movie in question, press "i" for the infomation page and you should now see some debug info,

in the video codec tag: name the file the same as the result.

Unfortunately, Aeon Video Codec Tag (through Developer mode) reported the same as my .nfo file states: "MPEG VIDEO". And there is an MPEG VIDEO.png in the codec folder. So why do only my Blu-Ray's display a codec flag & not the standard def .iso's?

- patkhoo - 2009-07-08

AnalogKid Wrote:I too am curious about this, since doesn't listitem.path return the path, and is then appended with "extrathumbs/xxx.jpg" ?

Quite right.. I mean there is no difficulty finding the <movie>/fanart.jpg, <movie>/movie.nfo, <movie>/movie.tbn, why not <movie>/extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg?

And joining the movies is not a practical solution. There are so many other issues to consider if you want to join - audio/video/subs sync, time taken to join, disk space available for the join process... After joining, I'd want to test and check the join-ed file... And does this mean that we have to join all the VOB in VIDEO_TS together as well?

Considering that XBMC's media file stacking/name recognition etc is arguably the best in the world - asking people to "just join the files" can't be the way forward..

Fixedlist - jacobpw0001 - 2009-07-08

Hi there. I'm very new to XBMC, but I'm liking what I see so far, especially this beautiful skin. I just wanted to second this motion from a ways earlier:

Paradise Wrote:@>>X<<, has it to do with "Poster view (TV Shows & Seasons)" in tweaks.

@andyblac, what do you think about "fixedlist for seasons + thumbs" here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52574.
I think its not so nice to see your cover again and again if you have just 2 episodes. Same if you go to genre and you have just two "Pirate" films. Would be great everywhere.

The wraplists work great if they're populated with at least one screen worth of items, but look pretty bad and (even worse) visually confusing anytime there are only a few:

I tried inserting clep's code from the thread Paradise linked to into Andy's, but I'm not even sure what I'm looking at. My coding ability is rudimentary at best, and Viewtype_Multiplex is a rather large file. I can't do much more in there at this point but stumble around and make some simple tweaks.

Andy, is there any chance that such a change/option will be made available? Failing that, could you point me in the right direction for cobbling it up myself?

Many thanks, and superb work so far.

- rausch101 - 2009-07-08

Minor, minor bug:

In wall view with "GRID:MAX", the right-most two columns of movies don't have their title/year displayed anywhere on the screen.

Thanks again for all of the effort you've put into this andy - great job.

- Livin - 2009-07-08

Andy,
The Files sub-menu item for TV Shows no longer opens the screen in 'files mode'?

is this a bug in the skin (looked ok to me but I'm not an expert on your skin) or maybe a new bug in XBMC?

note: It was working fine a few days ago, and I do update the skin & XBMC build often so no way to tell which broke from my end.