Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-07-18

andyblac Wrote:OK fixed (hopefully), try the update Big Grin

so far i'd say you did a perfect correction here Wink

but: still no fanart in artist selection (list) view?

i'm asking because other mods (like hitchers mod) do have fanart in that view:

beside that, it runs like it should now here Wink

- azido - 2009-07-18

lonchaney Wrote:is it possible to change what info is shown in the multiplex view? like instead of moods or born-died have it show something else like country of origin or something like that

thanks

i aslo sometimes can't get xbmc to use the nfo file...sometimes i'll refresh info and it'll use the nfo i've messed around with but for oncs i've created nfos for it just uses the normal scraper

let me put this into a) and b)

a) possible? yes. but you would have to change the xml file for this view manually unless andyblac decides to add a selection of available labels (which, btw, would be a great improvement of music database displays - andy, what do you think? Wink ). a list of what a label can be used for this is here

b) i guess that depends on your directory and file structure and where you put that nfos in.
the safest way is to have a structure like this:

MY_MUSIC
+-----ARTIST
--------\artist.nfo
------\+--ALBUM 1
-----------\album.nfo
------\+--ALBUM 2
-----------\album.nfo

also it might be that for those albums/artists where it uses the scraper instead, you forgot to add that item to the database. if so, just add it using the scraper, afterwards put your manual nfos into the correct locations and refresh the information - at least in this moment it should use the nfos. hope that makes sense to you.

- andyblac - 2009-07-18

azido Wrote:so far i'd say you did a perfect correction here Wink

but: still no fanart in artist selection (list) view?

i'm asking because other mods (like hitchers mod) do have fanart in that view:

beside that, it runs like it should now here Wink

FIXED: i had a double "or" statement in my code.

- BDPNA - 2009-07-18

Am I missing something here as far as the Multiplex Music view? I am not getting any art or details at all when viewing artists...No fanart, no info on artists, etc. Am I scraping wrong or something? It has to be something stupid.

Right now I have my music organized not by artist them album within a subolder, but instead I just have one album per folder on the same level. So there is a folder called "Albums" and within that there may be, say 5 folders of Pearl Jam albums within that.

Is that not going to work with this view? Will I need to re-organize my music in a different way to make this work? 1 folder per artist?

- azido - 2009-07-18

andyblac Wrote:FIXED: i had a double "or" statement in my code.

let me call you "my hero" now. must be hell of a work to get all that issues fixed.

thanks Wink

still open for suggestions?

- andyblac - 2009-07-18

azido Wrote:let me call you "my hero" now. must be hell of a work to get all that issues fixed.

thanks Wink

still open for suggestions?

sure as all ways Big Grin

BTW did you know you can have album fanart with my skin as well ?, just place a file called "fanart.jpg" in the album folder

- azido - 2009-07-18

BDPNA Wrote:Is that not going to work with this view? Will I need to re-organize my music in a different way to make this work? 1 folder per artist?

sounds to me like a more "general usage" question that is adressed in the online manual

we shouldn't highjack andys thread with such general questions since once you've resolved them they'll work in andys mod also. nothing special here.

- azido - 2009-07-18

andyblac Wrote:sure as all ways Big Grin

BTW did you know you can have album fanart with my skin as well ?, just place a file called "fanart.jpg" in the album folder

you mean one that differs from the artist's fanart?
nice!!

i'll sum up my suggestions and post them here soon. they're all music database related (i like to push that section a bit Smile )

Shuffle Music Playlist? - curtis-r - 2009-07-18

Maybe I'm crazy, but I swore that when you had the horizontal settings bar, while listening to a music playist there was the "Random" option. There is no longer that option with the vertical bar.

While music visualizations were running, I'd bring up what I think is the OSD menu, click the 3 horizontal bars icon on the far left to bring up my playlist list, then there was a "Random" toggle, but no more. I don't care where the selection is located, but I can't figure how to randomize a music playlist during playback.

- BDPNA - 2009-07-18

Is there a scraper you can use to get album and artist fanart? Do you do it on the PC or within XBMC?

- andyblac - 2009-07-18

BDPNA Wrote:Is there a scraper you can use to get album and artist fanart? Do you do it on the PC or within XBMC?

i search manually in google, for fanart

- azido - 2009-07-18

BDPNA Wrote:Is there a scraper you can use to get album and artist fanart? Do you do it on the PC or within XBMC?

as far as i know all music scrapers within xbmc use http://www.htbackdrops.com for a lookup.

works quite good for well-known popular artists. other than that i don't know a good (single) resource. i suggest contributing to htbackdrops if you find good images for your artists Wink

nice to see a growing interest in the music section here.. maybe we should start a related general thread?

- azido - 2009-07-18

andyblac Wrote:i search manually in google, for fanart

andy, found another issue:

when using shoutcast as a source, in list view the stream titles are not displayed - only number of listeners and kbps are shown. if it's helpful for you: titles are available in showcase view.

- Ayla - 2009-07-18

andyblac Wrote:OK, for this to work you have to set the movie folder location (see below), also the folder name of the containing movie HAS to match the movie title EXACTLY.

Andy,

Thanks a lot for this!

But, my movie folder is on a mounted network drive and when I choose to set the "movie folder location", I can only choose "home folder" or "dvd drive".

So I can't browse to the network folder.

Can I set the path manually somewhere (in a file)?

PS. I'm using Mac.

/Martin

- andyblac - 2009-07-18

Ayla Wrote:Andy,

Thanks a lot for this!

But, my movie folder is on a mounted network drive and when I choose to set the "movie folder location", I can only choose "home folder" or "dvd drive".

So I can't browse to the network folder.

Can I set the path manually somewhere (in a file)?

PS. I'm using Mac.

/Martin

i use a mac too, and i also use network share for my movies, this is what i did, i created a symbolic link to the share and placed it in my movies folder (~\Movies) here what you need to do:

1) open a terminal window
2) type: cd Movies (this navigates you to your Movies folder in your home folder
3) type: ln -s /Volumes/++++++/ XBMCMOVIES (replace ++++++ with the name of the share mounted on your desktop, this will create a symbolic link to that share and place it ib your Movies folder.
4) then in XBMC the Movie Location should now be able to see the share.

this it easy Big Grin