Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

OK, another update now on GIT, there's good news and bad, first the bad. i have had to remove the Horizontal Menu bar, it just cant cope with the needed changes required. now the good, FULLSCREEN can now be set on different screens. MOVIES, TV SHOWS, TV SEASONS, TV EPISODES & MUSIC now have there settings Big Grin

- andyblac - 2009-07-24

azido Wrote:not that it is a wanted view for me, but i found this issue. also, for me the really interesting part is why i don't get this STYLE: switch on a fresh install with newest mod version at tv-show multiplex episode view, but when i copy an older Includes_VerticalMenu.xml over, use it, and switch back to the usage of the newer xml, it's there as if it was never dissapearing..

OK found this ERROR and it's now fixed Big Grin thanks for spotting this, now looking at showcase thumb for episodes

- soder - 2009-07-24

andyblac Wrote:OK, another update now on GIT, there's good news and bad, first the bad. i have had to remove the Horizontal Menu bar, it just cant cope with the needed changes required. now the good, FULLSCREEN can now be set on different screens. MOVIES, TV SHOWS, TV SEASONS, TV EPISODES & MUSIC now have there settings Big Grin

Nice! A quick question: I dont use multiplex for Movies, cause I think the posters down there are to small, and that I cant see the beauty in them. Is it possble in some way to adjust the multiplex for bigger posters?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-07-24

andyblac Wrote:OK found this ERROR and it's now fixed Big Grin thanks for spotting this, now looking at showcase thumb for episodes

man, i'm so glad. i really thought it was something on MY side, and now it turned to something helpful for you. perfect.

btw: i'm gonna change a lot more than the last few lines on strings.xml for german language. there are some disadvantages with the current translation i found even in the first day of aeon, so now might be a good chance to get rid of them.

for example, "now playing" translates to "you're watching" in german - which is fine for movies, but not for songs playing Wink

others ones i would like to rephrase to be more intuitive to understand - kinda cosmetic thing.

i hope that's ok for you - if not, just take the wanted translations you like, i don't mind. should be here in an hour.

- azido - 2009-07-24

soder Wrote:Nice! A quick question: I dont use multiplex for Movies, cause I think the posters down there are to small, and that I cant see the beauty in them. Is it possble in some way to adjust the multiplex for bigger posters?

/Söder

i'd say use fullscreen mode and take a peek at the given variations there. i love the poster view of it. you may also want to switch the layout from flow to flat.

- azido - 2009-07-24

andyblac Wrote:OK, another update now on GIT, there's good news and bad, first the bad. i have had to remove the Horizontal Menu bar, it just cant cope with the needed changes required. now the good, FULLSCREEN can now be set on different screens. MOVIES, TV SHOWS, TV SEASONS, TV EPISODES & MUSIC now have there settings Big Grin

you're a god. period. thanks for realizing one of my suggestions.

- soder - 2009-07-24

I think I found some bugs in the latest Git.

When posters view in TV shows, the "info" still comes up. Like if I use multiplex.

And when in episodes, I still see the "Thumb: poster" marker, and if I switch to marked/unmarked, nothing happens.

/Söder

- soder - 2009-07-24

azido Wrote:i'd say use fullscreen mode and take a peek at the given variations there. i love the poster view of it. you may also want to switch the layout from flow to flat.

What variations? Isnt the "posters" always the same size, if in multiplex fullscreen mode or not?

Is it possible to add a mode for multiplex, with BOTH posters AND fanarts in the same view?

And a last question: What are the other "pictures" that are not poster or fanart or episode? For me its only black in those frames, and I dont know what kind of pictures you guys got there?

/Söder

- lonchaney - 2009-07-24

neurosis13 Wrote:is in the menu "hide watched" set on?
maybe something stupid like that......

haha that was actuallly it...i don't know how it got turned on all of a sudden Huh

- logictester - 2009-07-24

hi Andy, when in games -> plugins section - it's not possible to select the list view even though it's in the vertical menu - selecting it gets me to wall
same problem with the scripts section

- azido - 2009-07-24

soder Wrote:What variations? Isnt the "posters" always the same size, if in multiplex fullscreen mode or not?

Is it possible to add a mode for multiplex, with BOTH posters AND fanarts in the same view?

And a last question: What are the other "pictures" that are not poster or fanart or episode? For me its only black in those frames, and I dont know what kind of pictures you guys got there?

/Söder

1. if you mean the selection of movies on bottom of the screen: yes. if you mean the ones in the info windows: size varies with the view used.

2. where would you put the plot in that scenario?

3. these are the so called "extrathumbs". you'll get them displayed once you've created a folder called "extrathumbs" in your movie folder (i guess you have to have one folder per movie in order for getting it to work for different movies), and inside put movie stills (or any pictures you like) named thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg and so on. note they have to be available when browsing, a disconnected share will result in not displaying them.

- azido - 2009-07-24

andy, i hope i don't tap on your nerves (i would understand since it looks like i'm hijacked this thread for my personal usage Rofl) but:

can you tell me what happens for YOU if you select these 2 options in the shutdown menu:

1. HOME VISUALISER: ON/OFF

2. NOW PLAYING

.. for me the first one changes nothing (?). if i remember right initially this was invented by hitcher to enable/disable fullscreen music visualisation and/or showing the current running video in home screen. which would be funky by the way Smile

hitting NOW PLAYING brings me to exactly THIS screen

..looks like another mess. i'll skip them both in my translation until we sorted this out.

- soder - 2009-07-24

azido Wrote:1. if you mean the selection of movies on bottom of the screen: yes. if you mean the ones in the info windows: size varies with the view used.

2. where would you put the plot in that scenario?

3. these are the so called "extrathumbs". you'll get them displayed once you've created a folder called "extrathumbs" in your movie folder (i guess you have to have one folder per movie in order for getting it to work for different movies), and inside put movie stills (or any pictures you like) named thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg and so on. note they have to be available when browsing, a disconnected share will result in not displaying them.

1. Yes, I mean the posters on the buttom of the screen. Those are the one I browse. To see a big nice poster I press Info.

2. Often the plot is not that big.

3. Ok, seems like much work for some eye candy. I only want what XBMC can provide me with. An easy scan, and then when I've watched the movie, and it wasnt good, I remove it.

/Söder

- patkhoo - 2009-07-24

andyblac Wrote:i thought i fixed the setting fast image thing ?, i'll take another look as well as the weather i forgot to do that one.

EDIT: just checked settings and it's working fine, i think I've fixed the weather but give it ago.

Hi andy, I've just done a git pull, and I've checked Settings, it works fine. But Weather is still "psychedelic" Big Grin

Also, another bug to report:
1. go to customize > mod tweaks
2. configure a "movie folder location"
3. notice that the folder you chose (string) is printed on the line below, covering the toggle button of "dynamic flow: music"...

And a suggestion - although (most) everyone has been using git, if you do have a chance, I suggest you hard code a version string to be displayed somewhere in mod tweaks or at least in some text/xml file somewhere. In this way, you can be sure what version some of the bugs reported here related to. And it can help filter out the "git caused the problem" scenarios.. just an idea.. maybe helpful, maybe not..

- azido - 2009-07-24

soder Wrote:1. Yes, I mean the posters on the buttom of the screen. Those are the one I browse. To see a big nice poster I press Info.

2. Often the plot is not that big.

3. Ok, seems like much work for some eye candy. I only want what XBMC can provide me with. An easy scan, and then when I've watched the movie, and it wasnt good, I remove it.

/Söder

1. i see. if they are the only graphical representation of movie covers, they are indeed a bit too small. but as i use fullscreen poster view, they are just "catchy" for me.

2. depends on where and what you scrape and what's your liking. i like descriptive plots more than a single punchline Wink

3. you may want to check out EMM. it provides an easy way to get and create those extra pictures - but of course only if you like to.

andy, i've finished german strings.xml in first instance, but i found out you've left some labels out from it. i'm not sure if they are fixed ones in the various xmls (like i.e. STYLE?) and not localized yet, or just being defined in english strings.xml and not in the german one yet. unfortunately i have to leave home now, but i take a deeper look on it later. anyway, here's what i have so far:

modified german strings.xml for andyblac's showmix mod (right click, save as..)

enjoy.