Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=52824)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - denisb - 2015-01-03

Oh, that's awesome, so that should mean OpenELEC 5 on Linux will work even with streaming then. Thanks for confirming that takoi :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - Astaroth_PoD - 2015-01-08

Thanks for a great plugin!
However there seems to be a problem with multipart-recordings at the moment - I'm running on RaspBMC with 4.4.20 and it's only playing the first part of a "streaming set". For example, under category Sports -> Tour the Ski, NRK has made several of the recordings available as 1:2 and 2:2, but I can only get the plugin to play the 1:2-part.
The menu will say the whole recording is 1:55:21 long, but when played it will be 12:51 long and stop, as that's the length of the first part.

Any chance for a look at this? Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - takoi - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-08, 13:35)Astaroth_PoD Wrote: Thanks for a great plugin!
However there seems to be a problem with multipart-recordings at the moment - I'm running on RaspBMC with 4.4.20 and it's only playing the first part of a "streaming set". For example, under category Sports -> Tour the Ski, NRK has made several of the recordings available as 1:2 and 2:2, but I can only get the plugin to play the 1:2-part.
The menu will say the whole recording is 1:55:21 long, but when played it will be 12:51 long and stop, as that's the length of the first part.

Any chance for a look at this? Smile
Welcome to the forums! I'm aware of this issue with a couple of different shows. I was working on a solution, but then Christmas happenSmile Will see if I can't get this fixed soon.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - runel - 2015-01-12

Im trying to set up PPTP to view the live feeds, however it is not working, and Im wondering if I havent routed all/the correct IP addresses over PPTP..

Does anybody have a list of IPs I need to route?
(It works great if I route everything, but I would like to only route some of the traffic over PPTP (certain ip addresses))

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - StianOby - 2015-01-28

Thanks again for the plugin!

I have one (new) issue to report though: the subtitle handling seems to have changed at tv.nrk.no, and as of today I am no longer getting subtitles when streaming videos from the NRK library. See e.g. the latest episode of "Kampen for Tungtvannet".

Hopefully you will be able to update your plugin to accomodate the change. In fact, the subtitles seem to be more readily available now, as there is alink to a subtitles file under each video.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - takoi - 2015-01-29

Yep, they broke it. Fixed in v4.4.22

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - frold - 2015-02-08

Will it be possible to increase the buffer?

Im watching "Skiskytning"... every 5-15min I lost the connection and I need to restart the show.

I doesnt use the live streaming.

Im using a Raspberry Pi B+ and RaspBMC, Kodi 14.1. Wifi connected. I may not have the strongest connection.

To obtain a Norwegian IP address I use SmartDNS.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - JNRW - 2015-02-12

First of all I have to say that until today I had not heard of this add-on but I have undertaken to install it on my Norwegian friends' Android box located in Spain.

I have installed the add-on, it says it is enabled but when I choose anything nothing loads. In my ignorance I must be omitting something and I apologise in advance if my query has an obvious solution.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - ironlung - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 13:57)JNRW Wrote: First of all I have to say that until today I had not heard of this add-on but I have undertaken to install it on my Norwegian friends' Android box located in Spain.

I have installed the add-on, it says it is enabled but when I choose anything nothing loads. In my ignorance I must be omitting something and I apologise in advance if my query has an obvious solution.

NRK uses geofencing/blocking. Your friend needs aan IP-address that is marked as a Norwegian address.

(2015-02-08, 21:35)frold Wrote: Will it be possible to increase the buffer?

Im watching "Skiskytning"... every 5-15min I lost the connection and I need to restart the show.

Im using a Raspberry Pi B+ and RaspBMC, Kodi 14.1. Wifi connected. I may not have the strongest connection.

This doesn't necessarily sound like a buffering issue..

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - JNRW - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-12, 15:20)ironlung Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 13:57)JNRW Wrote: First of all I have to say that until today I had not heard of this add-on but I have undertaken to install it on my Norwegian friends' Android box located in Spain.

NRK uses geofencing/blocking. Your friend needs aan IP-address that is marked as a Norwegian address.

To ironlung,

Thank you for your reply to my query.

I will look into a VPN.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - olo456 - 2015-02-17

Hi!

I have problem with playing live channels on Android TV Box. Nothing happens when klicking on channels. Have you had similar issues? I can include log file if it can help.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - oscillators - 2015-02-17

I asked earlier about a problem I have now resolved, which might be of help to you. So I'll do my best to talk you though what I did to get it working.

The version of Kodi I am running is on a Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC. OpenELEC has a few additional features which aren't available on the Windows or Mac OS version of Kodi - at least not without some tinkering. The main advantage is that it has built-in capability for adding VPN servers. Amongst many other things, VPNs allow expatriates to watch live TV streams from back home, by giving you an IP address which originates in the country where that content is available. So, if you have paid for a valid Norwegian TV licence, but you happen to be living overseas, a VPN is the best way to ensure your Geo-Locked channels will still be available until you go home.

However, the problem I struggled with was that my VPN provider doesn't supply a PPTP configuration file for Norway, which I could import into OpenELEC's built-in VPN client. But after much experimenting and failing to find any discussion forums which answered my questions, I stumbled upon an add-on for Kodi called OpenVPN, which is streets ahead of the client built into OpenELEC.

OpenVPN, as its name suggests, lets you import openvpn configuration files from your VPN provider's list of available regions — which in the case of my provider did include Norge. You'll need to follow these detailed instructions to get it set-up properly: http://forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/24769-How-to-set-up-your-VPN-on-raspberry-pi-using-Brain-Hornsby-Openvpn-for-XBMC.

After getting the correct openvpn configuration file from your VPN provider (some VPN servers cost as little as 34 Krone per month) all you need to do is import it into the OpenVPN add-on for Kodi, and remember to connect to the VPN for Norway before you open the NRK Web-TV add-on.

However, even after you've done that, you'll find that the live NRK channels still stutter quite badly during playback. This is because the NRK Web-TV add-on doesn't yet support bandwidth limiting, and NRK's server assumes you want to stream in High Definition 1080p, and most VPN connections simply aren't fast enough to handle it. To fix this, you'll need to go into the internet settings menu in Kodi's system settings and limit the total bandwidth to something below 2000kbps, so that NRK's server automatically sends you the Standard Definition version of the stream instead. You'll then be able to switch seamlessly between NRK 1, 2, and 3 live streams as well as all the other NRK streams which aren't Geo-Locked.

Hope that hjelps.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - takoi - 2015-02-17

(2015-02-17, 17:07)olo456 Wrote: Hi!

I have problem with playing live channels on Android TV Box. Nothing happens when klicking on channels. Have you had similar issues? I can include log file if it can help.
Install nightly build. The live streams require TLS support, which was recently added for android

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - frold - 2015-02-22

(2015-02-12, 15:20)ironlung Wrote:

What could it be then?

I didnt have this issue when I use the Danish Radio extension for live streams and shows...

I now have add a advancedsettings.xml to my .kodi/userdata/ - I hope it could solve it with increased video-cache...

If you have some ideas - please share Big Grin

/Frederik

New categories on tv.nrk.no - OterLabb - 2015-04-05

Hello. So tv.nrk.no has changed its categories and should be updated Smile I made some changes to nrktv.py and its working. I tried to push a commit through github but I have no idea how that works.
Anyway this is what needs to be changed:

Code:
def get_categories():
    titles = ["Barn", "Dokumentar", "Drama og serier", "Film", "Humor", "Kultur", "Livsstil",
              "Natur", "Nyheter", "Samisk", "Sport", "Sysnstolk", "Tegnspråk", "Underholdning", "Vitenskap"]
    ids = ["barn", "dokumentar", "drama-serier", "film", "humor", "kultur", "livsstil",
           "natur", "nyheter", "samisk", "sport", "synstolk", "tegnspraak", "underholdning", "vitenskap"]
    return titles, ids

And the tegnspråk category should proberly be moved to the live channels since it seems to be only a live stream Smile