Kodi Community Forum
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: "cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations (/showthread.php?tid=53242)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- mots - 2009-09-10

Excuse my noobishness, but where do I have to put the cdart-files? (i.e. the pngs with the pictures of the cds) I might write a python script that scrapes xbmcstuff.com for those if nobody has a prob with that.. Oh, and: is xbmcstuff being updated? It doesn't really have lots of cds...

- joebrady - 2009-09-10

In the album folder I'm pretty sure. Reaven's mod here has changed up some over time, you'll need to read the full post from start to get all the relevant information.

PPIC already has a plugin that pulls clearart and thumbs for shows, maybe you could collaborate with him to also add the cdART scraping.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57548&highlight=xbmcstuff

Yes, it's being updated, cdART was just added this week, but it's growing steadily it looks like. I've still got quite a few I just need to get on there and add.

- ppic - 2009-09-10

each of us can upload this image directly cdart on xbmcstuff.

for now, the collection just opened this week, so it will grow from now.

no plugin avaible for cd art, for now...

- mots - 2009-09-11

I still don't get it: I have a file called The Prodigy-The Fat of the Land.png in /home/mots/.xbmc/skin/aeon/media/backdrops/cd as described here. But when I play that album, I still get the standard cd :/ Btw, I'm using the temmi2000/phil65 mod

- darknior - 2009-09-11

Really excelent Big Grin
Thanks for the work ...

- maocul - 2009-09-11

mots Wrote:I still don't get it: I have a file called The Prodigy-The Fat of the Land.png in /home/mots/.xbmc/skin/aeon/media/backdrops/cd as described here. But when I play that album, I still get the standard cd :/ Btw, I'm using the temmi2000/phil65 mod
I get the same, not sure if its because the files are stored in S:\!MP3\Prodigy while the tag has the artist as The Prodigy. Could all come down to that "the"Huh

EDIT: Fixed it by changing the folder to The Prodigy. Seems that your Tags, Folder structure and png filename need to match exactly!

- reaven - 2009-09-11

maocul Wrote:I get the same, not sure if its because the files are stored in S:\!MP3\Prodigy while the tag has the artist as The Prodigy. Could all come down to that "the"Huh

EDIT: Fixed it by changing the folder to The Prodigy. Seems that your Tags, Folder structure and png filename need to match exactly!

yes that is explain in the first post, xbmc read from the tags so when you request any info or any image to be display it needs to match exactly the filename structure and naming that xbmc reads from the tags if not how in earth is gonna find the images cdArts, clearArt or any other images.

the only way it doesnt need to match the filename is if it was a multiimage control since it will load any/every image in the folder specified regardless the name of the images.

- mots - 2009-09-12

Here's a few cds Big Grin
http://omploader.org/vMmMzaA/cds.zip
Code:
mots@DeusExMachina ~/Desktop/cd % ls
Alestorm-Black\ Sails\ At\ Midnight.png
Alestorm-Captain\ Morgan's\ Revenge.png
Basshunter-LOL\ <(^^,)\>.png
Coldplay-Viva\ La\ Vida.png
Digitalism-Idealism.png
Machinae\ Supremacy-Redeemer\ (Underground\ Edition).png
Metallica-The\ Black\ Album.png
Nine\ Inch\ Nails-Pretty\ Hate\ Machine.png
Nine\ Inch\ Nails-The\ Downward\ Spiral\ (Deluxe\ Edition).png
Nine\ Inch\ Nails-The\ Slip.png
Nine\ Inch\ Nails-With\ Teeth.png
The\ Prodigy-Invaders\ Must\ Die.png
The\ Prodigy-The\ Fat\ of\ the\ Land.png
Welle:Erdball-Chaos\ Total.png

- joebrady - 2009-09-14

mots Wrote:Here's a few cds Big Grin
http://omploader.org/vMmMzaA/cds.zip
Code:
mots@DeusExMachina ~/Desktop/cd % ls
Alestorm-Black\ Sails\ At\ Midnight.png
Alestorm-Captain\ Morgan's\ Revenge.png
Basshunter-LOL\ <(^^,)\>.png
Coldplay-Viva\ La\ Vida.png
Digitalism-Idealism.png
Machinae\ Supremacy-Redeemer\ (Underground\ Edition).png
Metallica-The\ Black\ Album.png
Nine\ Inch\ Nails-Pretty\ Hate\ Machine.png
Nine\ Inch\ Nails-The\ Downward\ Spiral\ (Deluxe\ Edition).png
Nine\ Inch\ Nails-The\ Slip.png
Nine\ Inch\ Nails-With\ Teeth.png
The\ Prodigy-Invaders\ Must\ Die.png
The\ Prodigy-The\ Fat\ of\ the\ Land.png
Welle:Erdball-Chaos\ Total.png

you can now upload those to xbmcstuff.com

- mots - 2009-09-14

already did that =)

- joebrady - 2009-09-14

Big Grin

- JustinAiken - 2009-09-15

Is there any possible way to make it just load the cdart from the current folder the music is playing from?

I have lots of []()*'?!: and the like in my music file's tags, which don't work well in filenames, so I can't rename my folders to match the tags...

Just asking if it's possible... if not I guess I'll have to use a mass-tagger to change all the tags to match the foldernames...

For example:

FILE: d:\music\Beatles\Beatles Mono Boxset\Beatles For Sale\01 The Beatles - No Reply.m4a

TAGS: The Beatles - [CD] Beatles in Mono Vol 04: Beatles For Sale - No Reply

What's the best way to get all my tags/folders conforming?

- reaven - 2009-09-15

clock2113 Wrote:Is there any possible way to make it just load the cdart from the current folder the music is playing from?

I have lots of []()*'?!: and the like in my music file's tags, which don't work well in filenames, so I can't rename my folders to match the tags...

Just asking if it's possible... if not I guess I'll have to use a mass-tagger to change all the tags to match the foldernames...

For example:

FILE: d:\music\Beatles\Beatles Mono Boxset\Beatles For Sale\01 The Beatles - No Reply.m4a

TAGS: The Beatles - [CD] Beatles in Mono Vol 04: Beatles For Sale - No Reply

What's the best way to get all my tags/folders conforming?

first things first, you need to fix your tags with correct album names, artist, ect... like for example the one you mention The Beatles is the correct band name the album name is Beatles for sale so you need to correct the tags first and not only for the cdArt its just way better if you tags are correct so when xbmc display the info you dont see a lot of nonsense text like [cd], [1967] and stuff like that, it doesnt matter if the albums are part of a boxset they are still separate albums.

I use Mp3tag its a very good program it will tag all your mp3 tags even save the album art to the mp3 and look up info on amazon, cddb, freedb, ect...

- nbayer - 2009-09-15

Imaginos Wrote:A suggestion :
in musicvisualisation.xml

within your control <description>artist slideshow</description>, add
<include>Animation_BackgroundFade</include>
it creates a nice fade effects between artists fanarts !
so the control is :
Code:
<!--artist slideshow if fanart exist in define folder-->

<control type="multiimage">
      <description>artist slideshow</description>
      <posx>0</posx>
      <posy>-</posy>
      <width>1280</width>
      <height>720</height>
      <imagepath>backdrops/artist_fanart/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</imagepath>
      <timeperimage>4000</timeperimage>
      <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
      <pauseatend>4000</pauseatend>
      <randomize>true</randomize>
      <loop>yes</loop>
      <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
      <include>Animation_BackgroundFade</include>
      <visible>!Visualisation.Enabled + Player.HasAudio</visible>
</control>

<!-- end artist slideshow -->
it is the include normaly used in the home page

I have been trying to get this to work but the fade animation is not working properly. It's like it starts to fade for maybe a half second then it just skips to the next picture. The fades on the home screen and fanart backgrounds are all very smooth and gentle. I don't know enough about skinning to really troubleshoot it on my own. I have tried saving the jpgs as bmps but it didnt make a difference. Do any of you have any idea how I could fix this?

I really love this mod otherwise.

- Ram2000 - 2009-09-15

Would I be right in saying that we can now have Fanart in the music folder So would no longer need to rebuild the folder Dir In the backdrops folder.
Only reason I ask is after reading this HERE