Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- handsomepete - 2009-08-03

I have the same issue with scraping trailer urls.

using version 3.080

Can Media Companion batch download trailers to be stored locally?

- tungmeister - 2009-08-03

billyad2000 Wrote:The wizard is supposed to do that.

I fixed an issue that caused duplicates a while ago. What version are you using?

using the latest version. surely the counter should lower and the wizard should progress through the movies and find the trailers urls rather than just saying X amount remaining indefinatly

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-03

tungmeister Wrote:using the latest version. surely the counter should lower and the wizard should progress through the movies and find the trailers urls rather than just saying X amount remaining indefinatly

Yes it should, i've found the bug and fixed it. I am in the middle of setting up drag and drop for folders, once this is done i'll upload a fix, it will be tomorrow now, I can hardly see at the moment, my eyes are that tired.

Feature Request - Paulpoco - 2009-08-04

When Media Companion Gen2 cannot find a Poster or Fanart and I do an "url or browse", the program defaults to the Media Companion directory.

When looking for Fanart/Poster can "url or browse" default to the directory that the movie is in?

Thanks,

Paul

batch rescrape wizard version 3.080 - terminalx - 2009-08-04

I have my 300+movies on a server. I tried the wizard on the full liberty. I see the notification that the "process is running" but nothing happens. it does not matter what I select. I close the program and restart. Nothing happens and no changes to the liberty. I know its experimental. I was trying to see if I could use it to get the movie codec and audio tags (the do get scanned when I use the rescape option for a single movie). Everthing else works as advertised.

keep up the great work. It is very much appreciated. Smile

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-04

terminalx Wrote:I have my 300+movies on a server. I tried the wizard on the full liberty. I see the notification that the "process is running" but nothing happens. it does not matter what I select. I close the program and restart. Nothing happens and no changes to the liberty. I know its experimental. I was trying to see if I could use it to get the movie codec and audio tags (the do get scanned when I use the rescape option for a single movie). Everthing else works as advertised.

keep up the great work. It is very much appreciated. Smile

This is the same bug that was encountered a few posts earlier with regards to trailers, it has been fixed and a new build will be uploaded a bit later today

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-04

Paulpoco Wrote:When Media Companion Gen2 cannot find a Poster or Fanart and I do an "url or browse", the program defaults to the Media Companion directory.

When looking for Fanart/Poster can "url or browse" default to the directory that the movie is in?

Thanks,

Paul

This behaviour has been added, enabled from next version, it will be uploaded a bit later today.

UI Suggestions - emagin - 2009-08-04

Hi there,
I just started using your latest version, hope these UI suggestions are useful to you.

Right now you have the movies/shows on left and buttons (actions) on each movie as buttons on top.
Each action (Editor Fanart etc.) opens a new window.

Would it make sense to just move all the actions into Tabs
Each tab allows editing of info/art and has a SAVE button bottom right in a consistent place to update the record

I find that I am constantly clicking on windows to open / close stuff to update one film. Over time this is a lot of clicking/time used up doing repetitive stuff.

If that is not an option, I would standardize the Save and Close actions
Each window seems to have its own layout and the positioning/graphic of the buttons is somewhat confusing (hard to read and placed funny, see below)

Editor - has Red X close window and Save Changes.
It's an EDIT action on THIS (current) film.

Fanart - has Red X and Save Selected. EDIT THIS film action

Posters has Red X Save Bid, Save Small (make radio button big/small and SAVE button). EDIT THIS film action

Rescrape Movie has no cancel X at top - this should be separated into different area, it's not an EDIT action of THIS film, it's really a REDO this film, which could confuse someone just clicking on the buttons and blow away their settings. Present new data, maybe side by side with old data and present OVERWRITE? option.

Scan Folders has cancel X at top - this is not an action on THIS film, but the entire folder/database. So this could be moved to another area of buttons for global actions. "Global" also could be defined, Global (really all), All Films, All Shows.

Options - Global settings, move into global area

HTML - Should be in left column associated with Films List (also unclear if you are doing this to ALL items, Films, or Shows...guess that can come later)

IMDB - Open Movie in imdb - this is an action on THIS film, it should be next to the THIS film actions, and maybe just be a tab as I suggest above. Much cleaner this way so you can just click on tabs and load the info each time they switch tabs, and have SAVE bottom right to update the film/show.

Paypal donate - this could be the starburst logo of Paypal which gets a bit more attention. I'm all in favor of supporting the cause!

Button Icons. I realize you are in beta mode so perhaps this will all come much later, but the buttons need to have more thought put into them.
Think in terms of Film Detail actions vs. Global actions (settings) vs. Entire Film / Show List actions.

FIlm List - Right now you offer right click to do same actions on Films.
If you went to tabs you could eliminate that as it would be much simpler to just click on the tabs for each action.

Hope this is of some use, I can elaborate with screenshots.
Can't seem to attach anything to this post, only URLs, I have GIFs here for you.

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-05

New Release Media Companion gen2 3.086

Changes for version 3.086
  • Bugfix - Issue with trailers being wrongly named fixed
  • Bugfix - Deadlock Issue causing hang thread to hang when using batch rescrape wizard fixed
  • Bugfix - Issue with drag and drop not accepting items when using foldermode preference fixed
  • Changes - Fanart selected from url or browser is now resized according to settings
  • Changes - Fanart and poster file dialogue now defaults to selected movie folder
  • Changes - Folder support added for the Drag and Drop function, this is not recursive so the media must be in the root of the folder
Download Version 3.086

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatable only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

Many thanks to everyone for the bug reports, keep them coming (Not to many though Smile)

- tungmeister - 2009-08-05

batch scraping is now working but i'm still having the issue of duplicates and in some cases triplets in the films list

tungmeister Wrote:batch scraping is now working but i'm still having the issue of duplicates and in some cases triplets in the films list

Have you tried to do movie/rebuild from the drop down menu. This will clean the DB.

When you do a rebuild, each full path and filename can only be added to the list once.

Changes for new version 3.087
  • Bugfix - Encoding issue with outputting html list fixed
  • Other - Html list now sorted a-z
  • Other - typo fixed in The Batch Rescraper Wizard form Smile
Download Version 3.087

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatable only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

Many thanks to everyone for the bug reports, keep them coming (Not to many though Smile)

I am happy with the overall functionality of the movie handling now, and although I will be continuing to fix any bugs that may be found, I will be concentrating on tv shows. Its either that or rename the program to MovieCompanion.

- Arr MiHardies - 2009-08-08

Arr MiHardies Wrote:also, a question, is there any way to control the order in which XBMC displays records? For example, I want to list movies with multiple "parts" in chronological order in my library view, regardless of their name. A couple good examples would be the Indiana jones movies, or the harry potter movies, non of which include a "part 1", "part 2" etc in their names. I know iTunes accomplishes this with a "sortOrder" metadata field, but I have no idea how to do it in XBMC, if its even possible.

Just saw this SVN announcement pop up in #xbmc

Quote:TeknoJuce: SVNXBMC: jmarsh*allnz * r22048 /branches/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/ (9 files): added: Ticket #7008 - <sorttitle> field to video library movies, currently available only via nfo xml files. Thanks to joelmeans

- handsomepete - 2009-08-08

Im still having problems with the batch rescraper wizard for movie trailers. using version 3.087.
When i run the wizard it counts down the movies then i get this error:

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Current thread ust be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it.

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-08

jabba200 Wrote:Im still having problems with the batch rescraper wizard for movie trailers. using version 3.087.
When i run the wizard it counts down the movies then i get this error:

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Current thread ust be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it.

I'll look into it