Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- yzeyze - 2009-09-13

This may be a big ask, but....
On a netbook with a 1024x600 screen, the descriptions and buttons are sometimes below the window and can't be seen / accessed.
Is there any chance of an option in the settings for 'small screens'?
p.s. thanks for a great program, have xbmc on xboxes dotted around the hous and this saves a LOT of hassles scraping etc.

- sparkyjay23 - 2009-09-13

yzeyze Wrote:This may be a big ask, but....
On a netbook with a 1024x600 screen, the descriptions and buttons are sometimes below the window and can't be seen / accessed.
Is there any chance of an option in the settings for 'small screens'?
p.s. thanks for a great program, have xbmc on xboxes dotted around the hous and this saves a LOT of hassles scraping etc.

try setting a shortcut for media companion to open maximised - worked for me

- yzeyze - 2009-09-14

sparkyjay23 Wrote:try setting a shortcut for media companion to open maximised - worked for me

Just tried that, if you go to the posters or fanart sections etc, then some of the crop options are still off the bottom of the window.
The section that says "Double click a thumbnail to view a large preview image" ends there, and you can see that there is something underneath telling you what to do after that, but can't see what it is, nor can you save the options.
If possible, it would be nice to have an option for smaller screens, but I'm sure the author has a lot more on his plate....

- billyad2000 - 2009-09-19

New version 3.106

Finally, but by no means completely, TV Shows is now enabled for this build. It should be noted that the tv show and episode handling is very beta, and although it shouldn't hurt your files, their may be times when it does not behave as expected

As with gen1, tv shows can be added from the preferences by adding either the add root for folders containing multiple shows or by using the add single folder button. A separate item should be listed for each seperate tv show.

Once you have added your folders then use the tv shows drop down menu and select "Rebuild TV Shows", in the future this will be automatic, but at the moment this will add the shows to the db.

So what is working so far:
  • Shows can be added or overwritten using the TV Show selector TAB
  • From this, various preferences can be set such as sortorder, language, and episode actor source.
  • The option to download posters, season images, and fanart

• Existing episodes will be added to the browser as long as the xml is valid.
  • New episodes can be scraped as gen1 versions, along with their screenshot

• All image urls, including fanart are added to the nfo file for access by XBMC

• A cache has been created so that once your library has been added the startup time is greatly reduced

What does not work
  • Editing, at the moment tv show or episode text cant be edited from the browser, although you can select to edit the nfo directly using the treeview context menu
  • Poster and Fanart Browsers have not been added yet

What other things need work
  • The adding of episodes to the treeview is only done once the scraper has finished, the goal is to have them added to the list as they are scraped.
  • I am not happy with the panel containing tvshow information. The contents of this will change once I get round to it.
  • There are still a few bugs, specifically related to how the program deals with missing folders and files, this needs tidying up a bit.

This version also brings a number of fixes for bugs reported within the movie section.

I had hoped to get a bit further than I have, but every time I sat down with this TVDB went down, I am starting to get paranoid Confuseduspect:
As I have said previously, I am going away for 2 weeks tomorrow and I won't be able to work on this, but I think that most of the work has been done now, and adding additional functionality should happen fairly quickly, not much work for the most part, I just ran out of time.
I dare say that once I get back feedback from this forum will likely give me a good idea of exactly where any problems lie.

Download Version 3.106
Looks like that is down at the moment, so here is a Mediafire mirror

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatible only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

- Waffa - 2009-09-19

Thanks for the update Billy !!

- kees667 - 2009-09-20

I just installed in windows 7. Ran with compatibility for XP sp2. It opens, but as soon as I select "open folder" I get an error:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Form1.TabControl2_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
    Assembly Version: 3.1.0.6
    Win32 Version: 3.1.0.6
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Download/Media%20Companion%20gen2%203.106/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- HexusOdy - 2009-09-20

Not sure if its just me of not but the Files, Edit and Tools drop down menu's at the top aren't working. The rest are fine.

- kees667 - 2009-09-20

Same here in win7

HexusOdy Wrote:Not sure if its just me of not but the Files, Edit and Tools drop down menu's at the top aren't working. The rest are fine.

- HexusOdy - 2009-09-20

Makes it kind of unusable seeing as I can't add folders for Movies or TV :o)

- igotdvds - 2009-09-20

I dont know how to scrape a show. I click scrape, but it does nothing.

- billyad2000 - 2009-09-20

HexusOdy Wrote:Makes it kind of unusable seeing as I can't add folders for Movies or TV :o)

Add them from the preferences screen

- crash123 - 2009-09-21

HexusOdy Wrote:Not sure if its just me of not but the Files, Edit and Tools drop down menu's at the top aren't working. The rest are fine.
kees667 Wrote:Same here in win7
HexusOdy Wrote:Makes it kind of unusable seeing as I can't add folders for Movies or TV :o)
They arn't there because they havn't been coded (added to the program) yet. Anyway you don't actually need them yet. To add your Tv show folders go to the TV Shows tab and hit the preferences button then go to the folders tab and add your folders just like with movies. I had to then go to the TV Shows drop down menu and hit the Rebuild Shows button as well to make them show up.
igotdvds Wrote:I dont know how to scrape a show. I click scrape, but it does nothing.
You click scrape? Are you using version 3.106?

- igotdvds - 2009-09-21

crash123 Wrote:They arn't there because they havn't been coded (added to the program) yet. Anyway you don't actually need them yet. To add your Tv show folders go to the TV Shows tab and hit the preferences button then go to the folders tab and add your folders just like with movies. I had to then go to the TV Shows drop down menu and hit the Rebuild Shows button as well to make them show up.

I am on 3.106. I click scrape and nothign happens.

- AnalogKid - 2009-09-21

crash123 Wrote:They arn't there because they havn't been coded (added to the program) yet. Anyway you don't actually need them yet. To add your Tv show folders go to the TV Shows tab and hit the preferences button then go to the folders tab and add your folders just like with movies. I had to then go to the TV Shows drop down menu and hit the Rebuild Shows button as well to make them show up.

Sadly, hitting the Prefs button and getting to the folders tab works.... but selecting a folder (single or root) does not work for TV Shows, only for Movies.
This is in a Win 7 build.

Very strange, since i'd have thought it would be calling the same file/folder picker in the same way as for movies...so don't fully understand why this would be affected by Windows 7 (in normal, or compatibility mode)

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-09-22

Arr MiHardies Wrote:I would assume in the same manner as the "sort name" field does in itunes.

The library view shows the name set in the name field, but determines its position in the list based on the name listed in the sorttitle field.

That is my assumption, anyways.

Hey Billy. Love Media Companion. Just wondering if you were planning on including this. It is a pretty awesome feature. All that needs to be done is to add:

<sorttitle></sorttitle>

to the .nfo file. It works as explained above, showing the name in the name field, but determining the order by the sorttitle field. Great for series like the Harry Potter movies Wink