Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- Moldiver - 2009-09-25

Been trying to use this and not getting much luck. It doesn't seem to want to add details about any of my movies, mostly saying no imdb id avaliable for this movie" anyone got any tips on how to get this working? they are not obscure movies or anything something as simple as the movie "Fighting" doesn't even come up.

TV show scraper works fine just the movie one just sit's there and seems to do nothing, how long should it take for a movie?

Thanks

- HexusOdy - 2009-10-06

You back now Billy? How was the break?

- Waffa - 2009-10-09

Hey Billy, you may have a look at the streamdetails...

The xbox had problems with Native Media Flagging.
Now xbmc supports extracting from media flags from .nfo file..and is merged to xbox builds.

This works great with a .nfo file created by Ember..
In a .nfo created by MC is also all information present for mediaflags but miss <streamdetails> in .nfo file.....result xbmc won't scrape the media flags.

- feerlessleadr - 2009-10-09

Hi Billy,

I know you are on vacation, but I am having a problem adding any new TV episodes using 3.106.

Here is a copy of what the log says after it scrapes everything.

http://pastebin.com/m1bc72978

I can download the tvshow.nfo and fanart and banner no problem using 3.106 but not individual episodes

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-10

HexusOdy Wrote:You back now Billy? How was the break?

Yes i'm back now, need another holiday now to recover from that one Wink

Mostly back into my routine now, and that includes time spent on MC

AnalogKid Wrote:Sadly, hitting the Prefs button and getting to the folders tab works.... but selecting a folder (single or root) does not work for TV Shows, only for Movies.
This is in a Win 7 build.

Very strange, since i'd have thought it would be calling the same file/folder picker in the same way as for movies...so don't fully understand why this would be affected by Windows 7 (in normal, or compatibility mode)

Your using an old gen2 version that has not had TV Show support added yet,

3.106 is the first gen2 version with basic tv show support enabled although it is very beta, i've edited the link on the first post of this thread to reflect this version, but just for you
Download Version 3.106

There will be a new version uploaded in the next few days that should fix many of the bugs encountered in 3.106, as well as flesh out many of the features.

Rand Al Thor Wrote:Hey Billy. Love Media Companion. Just wondering if you were planning on including this. It is a pretty awesome feature. All that needs to be done is to add:

<sorttitle></sorttitle>

to the .nfo file. It works as explained above, showing the name in the name field, but determining the order by the sorttitle field. Great for series like the Harry Potter movies Wink

It seems like a great idea, something i would use myself, and will definitely be added to MC in the near future, although i've got my hands full with tv shows at the moment.

feerlessleadr Wrote:Hi Billy,

I know you are on vacation, but I am having a problem adding any new TV episodes using 3.106.

Here is a copy of what the log says after it scrapes everything.

http://pastebin.com/m1bc72978

I can download the tvshow.nfo and fanart and banner no problem using 3.106 but not individual episodes

It is an issue with the regex and the 1x01 naming convention, it will be fixed for the next build (Available within the next few days)

Waffa Wrote:Hey Billy, you may have a look at the streamdetails...

The xbox had problems with Native Media Flagging.
Now xbmc supports extracting from media flags from .nfo file..and is merged to xbox builds.

This works great with a .nfo file created by Ember..
In a .nfo created by MC is also all information present for mediaflags but miss <streamdetails> in .nfo file.....result xbmc won't scrape the media flags.

Was informed about this a while ago and I simply forgot, the <streamdetails> tag was not included in the original spec I received so I never added it, will be working from the next version.

Moldiver Wrote:Been trying to use this and not getting much luck. It doesn't seem to want to add details about any of my movies, mostly saying no imdb id avaliable for this movie" anyone got any tips on how to get this working? they are not obscure movies or anything something as simple as the movie "Fighting" doesn't even come up.

TV show scraper works fine just the movie one just sit's there and seems to do nothing, how long should it take for a movie?

Thanks

The speed it takes to scrape a movie will depend on options such as what posters and backdrops are being scraped, TMDB does tend to be very slow, but all other sources are usually fairly fast. On average it takes me about 15-30 seconds to scrape a movie, including fanart and poster from TMDB and poster links from all sites. The big issue occurs when one of the source sites is down or unavailable, this causes MC to sit their until the connection times out, this takes a long time. I am looking into possible solutions for this at the moment.

One way to check this would be to disable the get fanart and posters option, and also uncheck all the boxes for adding the poster urls to the nfo file.

This will give you a basic nfo from IMDB and should be very fast, by adding them back in one at a time you can find out which one is causing the problem. Or you could let it time out and just read the log, or upload it to pastebin so I can see what is going on.

On the whole, MC works well most of the time, but if a site is down or running at a crawl then it may be better to try again later.

Need help... This all USED to work.. - JackFrost - 2009-10-12

Not sure what to say here as I'm confused by it all. First tried MC at v 2.135 and used 2.141 iirc for quite a while. At some point I upgraded (2.284 maybe?) and had some odd behaviors. Kept watching for new releases (2.141 continued to work) and followed 2.287, 2.291, then Gen 2 @ 3.098 and now at 3.106 - all seem to give me the same type of object length cannot be zero errors.

My library wasn't changing much (too busy to rip/add new stuff) so it wasn't critical and I didn't have time to play with it all so I let it be.

Yesterday I made some time. I cleared out everything but the movies themselves (left the folder structure which is one per movie, named for the movie) and tried rescanning/scraping the lib from scratch (this is not a huge lib, we're talking 33 movies).
I started with the latest Gen 1 (2.291). Scrape looks ok. Didn't try to change anything (not sure why)
Then fired up latest (3.106), need to fix a few items... go edit movie, search IMDB, click change - BAM! error.
Clear out the lib, try Gen 2 (3.106) again. Clean lib. Add and scrape in 3.106. Try same procedures to change a movie - BAM! error.
Clear out the lib, fire up Gen 1 2.291 again, clean lib, scan and scrape, same procedures - BAM! error.
Clear out the lib, fire up trusty 2.141. Same procedures - BAM! ERROR!

wtf? I can't make heads or tails. Maybe the logs will tell you what I can't. Then hopefully you can tell me.

It's driving me nuts because this really is a cool piece of software and I really dug it while it worked. I'd like to have it back! Sad
And now that I've "troubleshot" it (the word SHOT is very apropos here), not even 2.141 is working for me and I've deleted all my .nfo's and art. This sucks!

Your help is much appreciated,
J.

3.106 errors: http://mediacompanion.pastebin.com/f6dbbafa3
2.141 errors: http://mediacompanion.pastebin.com/f5fa02ed2
I think I accidentally deleted 2.287 errors. If needed I can recreate them.
I really only care to have the latest (or any) version working. I can wait a week or two to get TV scraping if that's what need be.

Thanks all (Billy especially Smile )

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-12

@Jack Frost

I am unable to duplicate this error at all, and I have tried a variation of different settings.

I am unsure why a working version would stop working although changes to IMDB may have rendered versions 2.xxx unusable. Version 3.xxx has been a rewrite of the whole program and is the only one I am working on.

Could you pm me details of your config.xml file that is located in the MC settings folder, along with details of the full path and file names of a couple of movies that are causing this error.
Harlem Nights also scrapes correctly for me, I created a dummy video file in a folder named "Harlem Nights" and with use folder names checked in the preferences it scrapes fine, without using folder names it would depend on how clean the filename is, "harlem nights.avi", would scrape fine though.

I will be uploading a new version in the next day or 2 that will flesh out TV Show support a bit and I'll add additional error checking to the code, but without being able to duplicate the issue it is very difficult to fix it.

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-15

New version 3.122

The TV Show cache file has been changed since 3.102 and it will not work with the new build, use the "Rebuild TV Shows" to fix the issue

So whats changed:
TV Section
  • Most bugs have been fixed
  • TV Show Fanart browser now enabled
  • TV Shows can be rescraped and edited
  • TV episodes can be played using Media Player or other according to options
  • TV Shows can be Opened in Browser at IMDB or TVDB
  • Only seasons that have episodes are listed in the treeview
  • TV episodes are now added to the tree realtime as they are scraped
  • Adding or removing TV folders causes an auto rebuild
Other
  • Media tags should now be imported into XBMC due to the addition of a <streamdetails> tag in both movies and tv episodes.
  • The UI has changed slightly with the toolstrip now completely removed, and empty menu's have been removed.
  • Maximised state is now remebered
  • Multiple instances of MC are no longer permitted
  • For new users who start the program for the first time, instead of crashing when selecting various options the user will be prompted to go to the preferences and add folders
  • Also for new users I've added a very basic quickstart guide (If anyone feels they can improve on this then feel free)
  • Media tags stored in old nfo's (Without the streamdetails tag), are no longer recognised, the result of this was that I discovered that the scrape media tags in the batch wizard did not work, this has been fixed.
Whats next
  • Adding a browser for TV Show posters, season posters, and episode screenshot capability.

Download Version 3.122

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatible only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

- philter - 2009-10-16

Seems like if you have more than one .nfo file (a carryover from using multiple media managers...I like to test them all as do most) in a folder, MCG2 will detect that as two movies. Nearly all of my movies show up twice in the database (only exceptions are the ones I've removed 1 of the nfo files).

- HexusOdy - 2009-10-16

For some reason (and I had this in the previous version) I have 3 shows that won't expand to show the series / episodes in the tree. There's just no plus sign there. In the Previous version I had about 5-6 shows with the problem, now 3.

All 3 are identical structure to everything else ie Show Name>Season 1 etc

The shows are Dark Blue, The Wire and Hung.

It scrapes all the episodes fine so it knows they are there.

Also just noticed some seasons are missing from other shows in the tree, CSI Season 10 for example. Again it scrapes new episodes fine, just doesn't show them in the tree.

Same with certain episodes. Defying Gravity only shows Eps 10 and 11 in the tree even though its scraped the whole Season previously and all eps are there.