Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- yzeyze - 2009-10-16

Just trying this new version, looking VERY good so far.
Just one question....
Is it possible that we can define the root folders (in the TV section), and then have some way of automatically scanning them for new shows that are added without having to then go and add an individual folder?
This is if for example, you already have a root folder defined (say D:\TV) and then later were to start a new folder in windows explorer with a new tv show in it.
Then when opening up Media Companion we could click on a button and it would automatically scan the root folders for any new shows.

Unless it already does this, and I am just missing something....

- yzeyze - 2009-10-16

... also, on a separate note, and sorry to harp on about netbook screens....
But would it be possible to have all of the buttons on one line across the top (perhaps even in the menu line) instead of 2 lines (or 3 if you count the menu line).
This would give just a little more space to fit the buttons in that disappear off of the bottom of the screen.

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-16

yzeyze Wrote:Just trying this new version, looking VERY good so far.
Just one question....
Is it possible that we can define the root folders (in the TV section), and then have some way of automatically scanning them for new shows that are added without having to then go and add an individual folder?
This is if for example, you already have a root folder defined (say D:\TV) and then later were to start a new folder in windows explorer with a new tv show in it.
Then when opening up Media Companion we could click on a button and it would automatically scan the root folders for any new shows.

Unless it already does this, and I am just missing something....

I did consider this, the biggest problem with this is the time it takes to scrape some shows from TVDB, A long-running show such as "The Simpsons" has an enormous amount of art to download, this includes, fanart, standard poster/banner and 21 season posters. Due to the often slow speed of TVDB it took me 5minutes to just add the show. And then what happens if it is the wrong one.
It only shaves a few minutes off the time needed to scrape the tvshow automatically, but if only 1 out of 10 is wrong then it works out slower, this would be 10x worse for the people who don't check and end up scraping 100s of episodes for the wrong show.

It may be a pain to add all your tv shows individually, but it only needs to be done once, and once you have caught up it is not much of an issue to add a new show occasionally.

yzeyze Wrote:... also, on a separate note, and sorry to harp on about netbook screens....
But would it be possible to have all of the buttons on one line across the top (perhaps even in the menu line) instead of 2 lines (or 3 if you count the menu line).
This would give just a little more space to fit the buttons in that disappear off of the bottom of the screen.

To be honest MC is just not designed to run on 600 lines, but I will look at changing the layout a bit.

HexusOdy Wrote:For some reason (and I had this in the previous version) I have 3 shows that won't expand to show the series / episodes in the tree. There's just no plus sign there. In the Previous version I had about 5-6 shows with the problem, now 3.

All 3 are identical structure to everything else ie Show Name>Season 1 etc

The shows are Dark Blue, The Wire and Hung.

It scrapes all the episodes fine so it knows they are there.

Also just noticed some seasons are missing from other shows in the tree, CSI Season 10 for example. Again it scrapes new episodes fine, just doesn't show them in the tree.

Same with certain episodes. Defying Gravity only shows Eps 10 and 11 in the tree even though its scraped the whole Season previously and all eps are there.

Using the "Rebuild TV Shows" option in the tv shows drop down menu should fix these type of issues.

Just check that the nfo file contains the correct season and episode numbers.

If this does not work then could you send me a copy of a episode .nfo file that will not be listed, along with the appropriate tvshow.nfo

philter Wrote:Seems like if you have more than one .nfo file (a carryover from using multiple media managers...I like to test them all as do most) in a folder, MCG2 will detect that as two movies. Nearly all of my movies show up twice in the database (only exceptions are the ones I've removed 1 of the nfo files).

MC is truly universal in that it supports every naming convention supported by XBMC, it is up to the user to choose.

So if you have used any other media manager previously then you can change over without needing to start from scratch.

If you have multiple nfo files for each movie, then this will cause each movie to be listed multiple times.

The most usual situation where this occurs is when a movie has the following.
movie.nfo
or
filename.nfo

The fix is to delete one or the other. Doing a search for all movie.nfo files, deleting them all, and rebuilding the movies from the movies drop down menu would solve your problem.

- HexusOdy - 2009-10-16

billyad2000 Wrote:Using the "Rebuild TV Shows" option in the tv shows drop down menu should fix these type of issues.

Just check that the nfo file contains the correct season and episode numbers.

If this does not work then could you send me a copy of a episode .nfo file that will not be listed, along with the appropriate tvshow.nfo

Seems to be a problem with the Episode NFO's. Its a random thing because they all happen to be shows first scraped with Gen2. Yet I have shows where other eps have scraped fine.

Here's the NFO's it created which are basically blank.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
<fileinfo>
<video>
<width>
</width>
<height>
</height>
<codec>
</codec>
<format>
</format>
<duration>
</duration>
<bitrate>
</bitrate>
<bitratemode>
</bitratemode>
<bitratemax>
</bitratemax>
<container>
</container>
<codecid>
</codecid>
<codecidinfo>
</codecidinfo>
<scantype>
</scantype>
</video>
<subtitle />
</fileinfo>
<title>
</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<aired>
</aired>
<plot>
</plot>
<playcount>
</playcount>
<director>
</director>
<credits>
</credits>
<rating>
</rating>
<genre>
</genre>
</episodedetails>

- feerlessleadr - 2009-10-16

billyad2000 Wrote:I did consider this, the biggest problem with this is the time it takes to scrape some shows from TVDB, A long-running show such as "The Simpsons" has an enormous amount of art to download, this includes, fanart, standard poster/banner and 21 season posters. Due to the often slow speed of TVDB it took me 5minutes to just add the show. And then what happens if it is the wrong one.
It only shaves a few minutes off the time needed to scrape the tvshow automatically, but if only 1 out of 10 is wrong then it works out slower, this would be 10x worse for the people who don't check and end up scraping 100s of episodes for the wrong show.

It may be a pain to add all your tv shows individually, but it only needs to be done once, and once you have caught up it is not much of an issue to add a new show occasionally.

I had the same sort of idea, but instead of having MC automatically scan the new show in, could you just add the show folder to the list of shows to the left. That way, you know that there is a new show in your root folder, and you can manually add the show and its episodes.

Just a thought.

- HexusOdy - 2009-10-16

I think its fine. I'd take accuracy over a bit of speed. Like Billy says, once its done its done spare adding the odd show.

- FreddyKrueger - 2009-10-16

I think i found a bug.
When scraping an episode, with a name like this : Heroes.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.mkv, the scraper thinks that is a multipart episode, and return the following data on the log :
"
Working on episode: D:\Versões HD\Series HD\Heroes\Season 04\Heroes.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.nfo
Multipart episode found:
Season: 04 Episodes, 04, 264,
Looking up scraper options from tvshow.nfo
Scraping body of episode: 4
Scraping actors from IMDB
Actors scraped from IMDB OK
This episode could not be found on TVDB
"
and don't even save the nfo file.

FreddyKrueger Wrote:I think i found a bug.
When scraping an episode, with a name like this : Heroes.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.mkv, the scraper thinks that is a multipart episode, and return the following data on the log :
"
Working on episode: D:\Versões HD\Series HD\Heroes\Season 04\Heroes.S04E04.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.nfo
Multipart episode found:
Season: 04 Episodes, 04, 264,
Looking up scraper options from tvshow.nfo
Scraping body of episode: 4
Scraping actors from IMDB
Actors scraped from IMDB OK
This episode could not be found on TVDB
"
and don't even save the nfo file.

Yes its a bug, x264 us picked up as a multipart epidode.

Will be fixed soon.

billyad2000 Wrote:Yes its a bug, x264 us picked up as a multipart epidode.

Will be fixed soon.

Thanks

HexusOdy Wrote:Seems to be a problem with the Episode NFO's. Its a random thing because they all happen to be shows first scraped with Gen2. Yet I have shows where other eps have scraped fine.

Here's the NFO's it created which are basically blank.

This was an issue with the last build of MC, it should be fixed now, just delete the file and try again.

.... also... in tvshow, when clicking Fanart Button, it throws an exception error :
"
System.NullReferenceException: A referência de objecto não foi definida como uma instância de um objecto.
em Media_Companion.Form1.loadtvfanart()
em Media_Companion.Form1.TabControl3_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
em System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
"

FreddyKrueger Wrote:.... also... in tvshow, when clicking Fanart Button, it throws an exception error :

Under what circumstances does this occur?