Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-13

moonshadow Wrote:plz help i have tv shows (G:\tv shows\tvshow name\tvshow SxxExx.avi

but i can't find anything with program

EDIT:

now i have error

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8467/screenshot00073.jpg

If you click details and copy the error text I will look into it.

Sorry Dupe post

petsacsty Wrote:I think this is enough .....
I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way

Ignore - looks like SPAM to me

- moonshadow - 2009-11-13

this is the copy/past from messagebox

http://www.speedyshare.com/182820142.html

i chose tv scraper and everything than i click to find the tv shows and then i get that error

- DarkHelmet - 2009-11-13

I'm having problems with scraping for TV shows as well.

I set order to default, TVDB is not down and the episodes exist on TVDB.

It finds the already scraped episodes just fine. Now I added some more episodes. It finds the right show in the TV show selector.

My files are named like this: BATTLESTAR_GALACTICA.s03.e01.ISO I used the same naming for the existing episodes and didn't have any problems scraping these using Generation 1 of your program.

Now when I choose "scrape for new episodes" the program just states "Scraping BATTLESTAR_GALACTICA.s03.e01.nfo" but nothing else happens. I let the program run for two hours.

I'm using version 3.154 on XP.

Any advice?

- DarkHelmet - 2009-11-13

Odd. I added a new folder for TV shows with a completely new series and deleted all the other folders, leaving just the new one as the single folder for TV shows. Everythings's scraped correctly.

I'll look into it some further. The only difference so far between the working folder and the not working folder is that the working one is on a hard disc and the other ones are on a network drive.

- DarkHelmet - 2009-11-14

I could scrape the same series, that wouldn't work on my NAS with dummy files on my hard disc just fine. Shows on a network drive however did not scrape. Strange thing is, that movies on the same NAS are working. Any Advice would be greatly appreciated, love your software.

Since TVDB seems to be down right now, I cannot test any further until it is up and running again.

- RockDawg - 2009-11-15

I haven't played with the movies section yet, but does MC derive the actual runtime from the file(s)? If not, could this be added? It's one feature I love of Ember.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-15

RockDawg Wrote:I haven't played with the movies section yet, but does MC derive the actual runtime from the file(s)? If not, could this be added? It's one feature I love of Ember.

If mediatags are enabled it does get the runtime from the media file.

It should be noted that at the moment this only grabs the runtime of a single media file so it is no good for people with multi part movie files. Although if it is only a few then the runtime can be edited manually.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-15

DarkHelmet Wrote:I could scrape the same series, that wouldn't work on my NAS with dummy files on my hard disc just fine. Shows on a network drive however did not scrape. Strange thing is, that movies on the same NAS are working. Any Advice would be greatly appreciated, love your software.

Since TVDB seems to be down right now, I cannot test any further until it is up and running again.

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what causes this. Rockdawg has experienced the same issue and a couple of weeks ago I Spent hours tweaking the parser to try to identify the issue without success.

I myself use a NAS without issue, and worked ok for Rockdawg when using his laptop, it is a strange issue that seems to be not directly related to MC, but the actual setup of the network. What made it stranger was that the folders that worked ok depended on the order that they were added to the list.

- moonshadow - 2009-11-15

plz can anybody write what is good path for the tv shows on my computer it's like this

G:\tv shows\supernatural\season 1\Supernatural S01e01.avi

- vbat99 - 2009-11-15

moonshadow Wrote:plz can anybody write what is good path for the tv shows on my computer it's like this

That's pretty much how I set it up except I don't have the show name in the filename, it's under the supernatural folder so why duplicate? But that's just me.

ie:
Z:\Media\TVShows\Supernatural\Season01\S01E01.avi

- greybeard - 2009-11-16

Just installed 3.154 today to fix problems of scraping movies from IMDB with 3.087. You have been busy.

Not too many problems getting used to the new layout. Is there not an edit window now? just edit on the main screen and do quick save?

I have had it hang a couple of times today while trying to rescrape or change movie or add poster. Sometimes I could kill it with the mouse on the X, but a couple of times I had to use Windows Task Manager (XP sp2).

The version number in the upper right corner now stays within the frame.

Most problems have had to do with one of the poster sites offering random posters even after MC has figured out the proper name of the movie. This seems worse with movieposterdb, although on one film that the scraper cannot find any proper posters, Woody Allen: A Life in Film, I get both nonsense posters suggested by mpdb, and IPA hangs.

On another movie, The Taming of the Shrew (1967), both tmdb and IMDB offer good posters, but for both of them some of the posters in the bottom row have their radio buttons hidden by the edge of the frame.

I also miss the pixel size, since I use posters to make my own fanart sometimes, and now I have to download the poster to see if it has enough pixels to work, although the preview does more or less the same thing.

I have not tried tv shows yet, since I have been maintaining them with 2.292, since 3.087 and 2.292 could both run at the same time. When I tried to load 3.154 with 2.292 running it refused. Is there anything that 2.292 could do that 3.154 cannot? Like making its own posters? I want to know exactly what I will lose if I start managing tv shows with 3.154.

Couple of minor spelling errors on /Preferences/General/ :
"Maximum ammount" should be "Maximum amount"

"Bowse to prefferred" should be "Browse to preferred"

Thank you for the great program. I could not manage my collection without it.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-16

@greybeard,

Thanks for your comments.

The old edit button has gone, but the form is still there and can be located in the movielist context menu, as are the old fanart and poster forms, they should work, but tbh I have not being paying much attention to them

Most of the problems with the scraper are related to one of the requests timing out, when rescraping or changing a movie it uses the main thread, while this is not usually an issue, if there is an issue with one of the sites being scraped then it can take quite a while to time out. To speed things up you can disable the options to include posterurls in the nfo. TMdb is the usual candidate, even if it is not down it can run very slowly at times and they are in the process of upgrading the API which has caused some problems, the next build of MC will start using the new API which I hope will help.

As for the poster browser, if the correct movie is selected then imdb, mpdb, and tmdb should be 100% accurate since they all are scraped using the imdb id. impa is less acurate since it is only a title search, and the results can be a bit strange at times, an unhandled exception is also possible with impa - this has been fixed for the next build.

The issue with the radiobuttons missing off the bottom of the panel occurs when there us multiple pages of posters and has been fixed for the next build. As for the Poster size, MC only download low res preview images for speed (and to keep the load on TMdb as low as possible), downloading 20 hi-def fanarts would take a long time and is just a waste of bandwidth, older builds did show the resolution, but only for the preview images. I'll consider adding this information to a tooltip. For TV shows the API often contains the image resolution so the full resolution can be displayed without actually downloading an image.

Multiple instances of MC is now detected and blocked - as a hack to this, create a file in the MC directory called "enablemultiple.set"

As for tv shows, I am still working on it, but all the important functionality is there and in some ways surpasses gen1 (eg. the rename function)- shows can be listed, edited, fanart, posters, season posters can be downloaded and selected and screenshots can be scraped or created. The best thing to do would be to add a couple of your show folders and give it a try. I can't remember exactly what was in the nfo files for version 2.292, but they should be compatable, as long as the tvshow.nfo contains the tvdbid. It should be noted the TVDB can also be slow and is fairly unreliable, it has been down for the last day or so.

I'll fix the typos for the next build.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-16

moonshadow Wrote:plz can anybody write what is good path for the tv shows on my computer it's like this

That should work fine.