Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- ingeon - 2011-01-21

Methanoid Wrote:Will this project ever do file renaming for movies? Thats what I am looking for before it does all the scraping for NFO n JPGs etc

This is one thing I will surely miss about ember. It did that very eloquently. Except for that I have always preferred MC.
And personal preference but i dont like "the renamer"

Where is the posters? - Sarcasm Inc - 2011-01-23

Hey i was wondering why all the posters are stored in the "postercache" folder and not in their respective folders?

Is there a setting for this?

thanks

- billyad2000 - 2011-01-23

Methanoid Wrote:Will this project ever do file renaming for movies? Thats what I am looking for before it does all the scraping for NFO n JPGs etc

Renaming will come, but it is more complicated than you think.

To rename it before the file is identified would be problematic for those that are identified wrongly so a rename option would only be available after the file has been scraped, giving the user a chance to verify that it will have the correct title.

All related files must be supported, for example multi-part, subtitles, trailers, posters etc

How did the ember renamer work?

- billyad2000 - 2011-01-23

Sarcasm Inc Wrote:Hey i was wondering why all the posters are stored in the "postercache" folder and not in their respective folders?

Is there a setting for this?

thanks

The postercache only contains low resolution images for use by Media Companion.

Uses include the wall view, and the HTML output function.

The respective folders already contain the posters in higher resolution. Since only Media Companion uses the postercache files it doesnt make sense to mess up a users movie folders further.

- Methanoid - 2011-01-26

ingeon Wrote:This is one thing I will surely miss about ember. It did that very eloquently. Except for that I have always preferred MC.
And personal preference but i dont like "the renamer"

Add me to the "dislike The Renamer" community. It was not user friendly IMHO and didnt do anything. Probably cos it didnt help me set it up!!

Oh how I wish Media Info Pro still worked. This seems the best hope for a program to do it all

- Mrkennedy - 2011-01-26

Hi everyone,

installed this today as my Ember is not working but its grabbed the 2 nfo files i have in each movie folder so it has listed the movie twice.

I have selected use folder names for searching but this has done nothing.

Any ideas on how to manage this?

- dm71 - 2011-01-28

Hello, new user here. Is there a way to regenerate the folder.jpg files? When I rescrape or manually browse for a new poster it doesn't update folder.jpg file, just the tbn. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

- Korath - 2011-01-28

dm71 Wrote:Hello, new user here. Is there a way to regenerate the folder.jpg files? When I rescrape or manually browse for a new poster it doesn't update folder.jpg file, just the tbn. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Can't checked exactly where as I'm at work but in the Movies Preferences tab there is an option for folder.jpg Smile

- rudeboyx - 2011-01-28

Korath Wrote:Can't checked exactly where as I'm at work but in the Movies Preferences tab there is an option for folder.jpg Smile

Manually scraping a tbn should re-scrape the folder.jpg also, but if you use the crop tool to crop the image within media companion, it will only update the tbn file and not update the folder.jpg.

simply copy the tbn file and rename it folder.jpg (delete the original folder.jpg first)

- ryan03rr - 2011-01-28

hi there,
im having a bit of a problem..
mc 3.4
winxp pro sp3
batch rescrape is not working for me.( tv or episodes)
i get to anywhere between show 10 -17 before rescrape just quits. out of 137 shows.
i am trying to refresh the screenshots plot and media tags.

if there is any log/way to fix, i could look at please let me know...
btw going to the tv show with the missing screenshot and refreshing from the tvdb works fine. automatically refreshing on the other hand.does not

i did notice that it did properly refresh screenshots and other info on "the angry beavers" with is 3rd in line....(again quits at 10 -17)i need it to make it all the way to 137!!

again for the most part the program works manually. but i need it to rescrape 137 shows. thus the need for the rescrape to not semi-randomly quit.

thanks for the help.
RT
P.S. maybe im missing something but the world of media managers seems frustrating and absent to say the least. bummer. Its funny how its easier to set up xbmc that to set up a large library. xbmc itself is soo much more technically complicated.

- ztripez - 2011-01-29

I have a huge Movie library that i've added to Media Companion to fix all meta data for XBMC once for all. However after the inital import a biig amount of scraped info is wrong since MC uses full file or folder name for search. I would like a (regex?) function where i can setup rules on what information should be stripped from the search-term (like DivX,720p etc etc).
Also, now when MC scrapes the Movie name it picks the swedish titel (wich realy don't want) so a function to choose the original titlel always would be greate.

- Methanoid - 2011-01-30

I have finally managed to get each of my movies into a folder (correctly named) and am trying MC2 to make NFOs and grab art but if the movie has two parts it is making two NFOs and grabbing two artworks.

Wont bore with reasons but I have a few Movie.AVI and Movie(1).avi in same folder.

Is there some naming that doesnt cause this effect as it seems OTT to download the same artwork twice.

Plus shouldn't the NFO file be named as the parent folder?

- Death-Axe - 2011-02-01

Is there a way to exclude tv folders? the lock option is borked as it scans locked shows regardless. I have a "other" folder in my tv shows folder and i don't want useless nfo files dumped into it.

- mwkurt - 2011-02-09

Hello,

I thought that I would try out Media Companion this morning. Downloaded and selected the folder my movies were in. When I scanned the movies folder a dialog came up and said "scanning # movie of 1128". However, when the scan finished I had two of each movie in the list on the left hand side for a total of 2256 movies. Is there any way to not get it to list each of my movies 2 times?

Thanks,
Mark

- Warren17c - 2011-02-10

Methanoid Wrote:I have finally managed to get each of my movies into a folder (correctly named) and am trying MC2 to make NFOs and grab art but if the movie has two parts it is making two NFOs and grabbing two artworks.

Wont bore with reasons but I have a few Movie.AVI and Movie(1).avi in same folder.

Is there some naming that doesnt cause this effect as it seems OTT to download the same artwork twice.

Plus shouldn't the NFO file be named as the parent folder?

Have you tried naming your movies av1.cd1.avi and av1.cd2.avi ?

Try 1, delete all but the avi's and see if that works.