Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- vbat99 - 2011-06-19

3.408Weekly Fixed weird characters. Thanks. Posted on codeplex how to reproduce disappearing window.

Thanks Stormy. Keep up the good work.Big Grin

- bobrap - 2011-06-20

Gotta ask...am I the only one having difficulty getting this to run? I start the program...unhandled exception. Try to close the program...unhandled exception and can't exit. Maybe time to look elsewhere, but i really like this programSad

- StormyKnight - 2011-06-21

Ok bobrap, I thank you for your persistence & thanks for posting that your still having issues rather than being silent...

Ok firstly can you post the first paragraph or so of the exception message, up till the mediacompanion assembly version number (we need to make sure your using the latest version to start with - 3.408b)

Second, what I usually do if I'm having trouble is break it down a bit to try & workout where the problem lies.

I do that by first installing MC in a new directory (MC is portable) & start it up. It will have no config files so it will start up with defaults. It will also have no folders set, but it should load fine & close fine at this stage.

Then I would set my preferences the way I want them & then close & restart.

The I would add a single movie folder & see if MC can add that successfully to the internal cache.

Basically, I would continue to add until the problem reoccurs at which point i would have narrowed it down to a particular nfo file that is causing the problem.

MC is still beta, it doesn't check everything is right before it tries to act on it, so if the nfo data is not right it can cause MC to crash. We are going thru at the present making the backend a lot more thorough in terms of what it creates & what it reads in.....

Anyway I hope you stick with MC & provide some more useful feedback on how it's working in the field.

Cheers

- johnsills1 - 2011-06-21

bobrap, I had the same problem you are having. I simply deleted everything after unistalling the program. Reinstall and it should work. Hope that helps.

- johnsills1 - 2011-06-21

I was wondering, on a different note, if there was a way to set up MC so that instead of creating a folder for actors in each movie folder if it could just create a single root folder containing all actor information. I have so many movies and hate downloading and storing the same actor info multiple times.

- StormyKnight - 2011-06-22

johnsills1 Wrote:I was wondering, on a different note, if there was a way to set up MC so that instead of creating a folder for actors in each movie folder if it could just create a single root folder containing all actor information. I have so many movies and hate downloading and storing the same actor info multiple times.
We have an open issue along these lines, where we need to find out how XBMC wants the actors & where MC current puts them. I agree duplication is never good....

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/64

I've added your comments so we can find the answer to that as well.

Cheers

Actos info - Chuck Bartowski - 2011-06-22

One benefit from downloading actor info with each movie is that you may get thumbnails of the actors specific to that movie or from that point in time eg where an actor has been in the business 40 yrs or so, do you want their current image or an older one for their early works

- StormyKnight - 2011-06-23

@johnsills1, for actors relating to movies its easy....
In MC under the movie preferences is an option to store all of the actors in a single folder. Then, so that XBMC can see that folder, that folder needs to be shared across the network so that XBMC can see that folder. A second entry in the preferences allows you to enter the path as XBMC would see it.

If MC & XBMC are on the same PC, then both folder paths are the same.

Cheers

- The Wuggly Ump - 2011-06-24

I've had the same problem as bobrap for a while now. I even reinstalled Windows to see if that would fix it! Unfortunately, there's no change. I get the error regardless of the program's version. Deleting everything and reinstalling has no effect.

Here's the error I got starting it:
Quote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.Form1.savedata()
at Media_Companion.Form1.rebuildmovies(List`1 folderlist)
at Media_Companion.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
Assembly Version: 3.4.0.8
Win32 Version: 3.4.0.8
CodeBase: file:///C:/Apps/Media%20Companion/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5442 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
NfoLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Apps/Media%20Companion/NfoLibrary.DLL
ProtoXML
CodeBase: file:///C:/Apps/Media%20Companion/ProtoXML.DLL
System.Xml.Linq
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Common
CodeBase: file:///C:/Apps/Media%20Companion/Common.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

MC 3.409b Weekly Release - StormyKnight - 2011-06-25

MC 3.409b Weekly
This weeks release is part way through a major rewrite of the TVShow code. This means that a few TV related features & functions are not fully operational at the moment. The reason for this release is so that people can see if their particular issue has been fixed during the week. Some issues may not be able to be fully checked due to the ongoing TV code refactoring.

So, I would strongly suggest that you put this version into a separate folder, copy your settings folder across & test MC that way. This will leave 3.408b as you primary day to day program.

Other than the TVShow rewrite here is a list of whats been changed this week...

General
Log files now have their text unselected when first viewed.
readded mc_com.exe to the release (BTW we don't have the source code for this yet...)
Changed behaviour of splitter bars, they will not move by themselves when the main window is resized

Movies
When playing a movie a progress screen is used whilst MC creates the m3u file (for slow PC's you didn't get any feedback that the doubleclick on the movie had worked)
Added Play movie to the context menu (right click) of each movie in the list
Fixed a selection issue where if you right clicked on a new movie it would add it to the selection rather than select this one on its own.
DVD offline text wasn't being saved
Replaced '.' with ' ' in movie title before trying to scrape for where OS doesn't allow spaces in filenames.

TVShows
Issue#60 Fixed - Check if the premiered date is valid
Issue#66 Fixed - Main MC window would hide behind other windows when adding TVShows
Issue#67 Fixed - Crash when using the alternate NFO editor
Added to context menu of shows & episodes the ability to recscrape a show or episode
Fixed bug if thier is no screenshot & no fanart, MC would not clear image of last episode

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/68965

Cheers

- The Wuggly Ump - 2011-06-25

3.409b-1 seems to have fixed my problem. Hooray!

Of course, now I'm having trouble scraping my TV shows (seasons are sometimes grouped together, some shows won't get the episode info), but I'm assuming that's the reason for the disclaimer. If not, lemme know and I'll give a more detailed/helpful report. Smile

- StormyKnight - 2011-06-26

Good to hear! & Yep, that would be the disclamer part.........

- Death-Axe - 2011-06-27

I like the movie sets tab now, and the fact it's organized a-z in the combo box, well done.

However, still getting exception errors, in this version (MC 3.409b-1 Weekly) my TV shows appear all in red, and rebuild TV shows errors out.

In the previous version when I tried to change the name of a Japanese movie to it's English name via the combo box and I hit save, up came the all too familiar exception error box. I have 2 movie folder sources, and the one with that Japanese movie vanished from the main movies list, even though both folders where still present in the sources list. Version 3.409b-1 Weekly going to rebuild movies fixed this silly error.

These errors between versions seem to popup on the most basic functions of the program.

- StormyKnight - 2011-06-28

@Death-Axe, yes most TV related errors are due to the major rebuild of the TVShows backend....we needed to rewrite it to resolve some inconsistencies brought about by continued addition of features over the life of MC.

Can you provide the movie name in question? That way I can test it & apply a fix.

Cheers

- Death-Axe - 2011-06-28

StormyKnight Wrote:@Death-Axe, yes most TV related errors are due to the major rebuild of the TVShows backend....we needed to rewrite it to resolve some inconsistencies brought about by continued addition of features over the life of MC.

Can you provide the movie name in question? That way I can test it & apply a fix.

Cheers

movie was paranormal activity 2: Tokyo night.

Could you give me an eta on when the tv shows bit will be fixed? rebuild crashes the program, all shows are listed in red, they wont expand to show seasons and episodes and shows from my other source are not showing.

So what I am saying is the tv shows part is well and truly buggered.