Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- StormyKnight - 2011-06-30

@Death-Axe - There should be a major update this week, keep & eye on the source code page @ codeplex & you can follow where we are up to!

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Also created an issue on our tracker for the movie issue...
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/73

Cheers

MC 3.410b Released - StormyKnight - 2011-07-01

MC 3.410b Release notes

This weeks release is still part way through a major rewrite of the TVShow code. This means that a few TV related features & functions are not fully operational at the moment. The reason for this release is so that people can see if their particular issue has been fixed during the week. Some issues may not be able to be fully checked due to the ongoing TV code refactoring.

The new code has been added to the source but is not in this release, it still requires further testing before its ready....

So, I would strongly suggest that you put this version into a separate folder, copy your settings folder across & test MC that way. This will still leave 3.408b as you primary day to day program.

This weeks changes....
Main feature is the addition of code to automatically position the splitter between fanart & posters in both the movie & TV main Pages. The code positions the slider automatically so that both images are the same height. If you use banners this may not be appropriate, we are working on alternatives to view banners & fanart @ the same time efficiently....Suggestions welcome!

Added a progress screen to 'save & rebuild' movie folders when adding/removing folders

Added more detail to movie log such as IMDB number etc & MC version

MC V3.410b Weekly http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/69350

Cheers

- Rastan - 2011-07-01

Thanks for all the great work you guys are doing it is well appreciated!
I think I may have found a bug in the latest builds MC 3.409b-1 Weekly and MC 3.410b Weekly. If you go to the Movies Main Browser tab and scroll down past the bottom of the visible list of movies. (I have a large collection) Then try to right click on a movie to edit it MC jumps to a different movie. Making it impossible to edit a movie added in the past.

- Finchy - 2011-07-01

Hi guys

I've have a couple of questions.

I've added a load of movies in a folder in Media Companion. It's scraped all the nfo, poster and actor thumbnails, but I just can't get it to pick up the fan art. I can do them manually one by one, but that'll take ages. I've tried using the Batch Rescraper Wizard but that's not done it either.

Any ideas why can I not get fan art automatically on a scrape? I'm using version v3.400.

One second question, more about XBMC.... how do I get XMBC to pick up the local fan art before looking online by default?

Thanks

- Elendar - 2011-07-02

Rastan Wrote:Thanks for all the great work you guys are doing it is well appreciated!
I think I may have found a bug in the latest builds MC 3.409b-1 Weekly and MC 3.410b Weekly. If you go to the Movies Main Browser tab and scroll down past the bottom of the visible list of movies. (I have a large collection) Then try to right click on a movie to edit it MC jumps to a different movie. Making it impossible to edit a movie added in the past.

Same issue here, it look like the item selected is changed between the right click and the moment when the right click menu is really displayed

- hasselhof - 2011-07-03

Hi is there anyway to edit the nfo's with watched or unwatched data within media companion, so this show in xbmc when you scan in the nfo's

Thnaks

- Death-Axe - 2011-07-05

MC 3.410b Weekly: still crashing on rebuild tv shows.

- rendered - 2011-07-08

I use the cli to automatically scrape my media, but on my movies MC doesn't seem to add any fanart to the folder. Even when I scan for new movies MC just adds the folder jpg. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks Smile

- Death-Axe - 2011-07-09

rendered Wrote:I use the cli to automatically scrape my media, but on my movies MC doesn't seem to add any fanart to the folder. Even when I scan for new movies MC just adds the folder jpg. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks Smile

Get the beta version, they fixed that particular prob.

- Avigrace - 2011-07-10

Hello, I'm new to MediaCompanion but so far it seems to be very good.

One thing I noticed it that I couldn't get the mc_com.exe command line to work as it was looking for a file called imdb, I moved imdb.dll from the assets foler to the root and now it works fine.

- candre23 - 2011-07-10

Longtime media companion user. I really like the software, but I do have one request: It would be nice to have the option to scrape the outline/plot from TMDB instead of or in addition to IMDB. Bonus points if it worked like poster scraping - try preferred DB first, then if no plot found, try the other.

- StormyKnight - 2011-07-11

Rastan,Elendar; Wrote:If you go to the Movies Main Browser tab and scroll down past the bottom of the visible list of movies. (I have a large collection) Then try to right click on a movie to edit it MC jumps to a different movie. Making it impossible to edit a movie added in the past.

Because you can select more than one movie at once there was a bug where right click would add to the selection rather than make a selection if the movie wasn't already selected...this may be your issue. This was addressed with change set 49de4e050c4c last thursday....so will be in 3.411b

Finchy Wrote:I've added a load of movies in a folder in Media Companion. It's scraped all the nfo, poster and actor thumbnails, but I just can't get it to pick up the fan art. I can do them manually one by one, but that'll take ages. I've tried using the Batch Rescraper Wizard but that's not done it either. Any ideas why can I not get fan art automatically on a scrape? I'm using version v3.400.

I would suggest you try 3.408b (the most stable current release....)
We are just about to remove v3.400 from the recommended list since the current release is nearly functionally better.

hasselhof Wrote:Hi is there anyway to edit the nfo's with watched or unwatched data within media companion, so this show in xbmc when you scan in the nfo's

Add <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate> to your advancedsettings.xml

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=747648

rendered Wrote:I use the cli to automatically scrape my media, but on my movies MC doesn't seem to add any fanart to the folder. Even when I scan for new movies MC just adds the folder jpg. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks Smile

mc_com.exe whilst originally included with MC is not in the source code included with MC - so unfortunately we cannot fix it at this stage.....
We are hoping it becomes available.....alternatively we will need to rewrite it from scratch...

MC does have some commandline options - we will probably have to expand on those for the time being.

candre23 Wrote:Longtime media companion user. I really like the software, but I do have one request: It would be nice to have the option to scrape the outline/plot from TMDB instead of or in addition to IMDB. Bonus points if it worked like poster scraping - try preferred DB first, then if no plot found, try the other.

We were just discussing this last week......being able to say pull ratings from rotten tomatoes over the default IMDB rating for example...OR basically choose any available scraper to fill any particular field....Its in the medium term planning for MC....

3.411b will be released soon.....still trying to squash a few more bugs on the TV side of things....

Cheers

- mister_scarface - 2011-07-11

Hi all,
I'm using xbmc but my videos are so disorganized. I have movies, tv shows, and documentaries. Some of them are in folders, some aren't. I'd like to fix up my library.

Do I have to manually put them into folders or does this program do everything automatically?

Thanks

- StormyKnight - 2011-07-12

@mister_scarface, unfortunately no it doesn't...it behaves in much the same way as XBMC in that all of your movies need to be in the root of a folder & named correctly or each in a folder which is named correctly. Then you tell MC what method your using & add the relevant folders & it will search for movies knowing what it should be looking for....

- mister_scarface - 2011-07-12

what's the fastest way to organize it then?