Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- jz1276 - 2011-10-03

Using ver 3416. I did a batch rescrape to pull all trailers. I'm getting the word "ERROR" for whatever trailers MC was unable to pull. This would be OK except because it just didnt leave it blank where <trailer>....</trailer> is in the nfo file, XBMC thinks there is a trailer there so I have to manually edit over 2000 nfo files to remove "error". Is there a fix for this?
Also, some trailers arent being scraped for some movies even though there are tons of them on imdb.

- trogggy - 2011-10-03

jz1276 Wrote:Using ver 3416. I did a batch rescrape to pull all trailers. I'm getting the word "ERROR" for whatever trailers MC was unable to pull. This would be OK except because it just didnt leave it blank where <trailer>....</trailer> is in the nfo file, XBMC thinks there is a trailer there so I have to manually edit over 2000 nfo files to remove "error". Is there a fix for this?
Also, some trailers arent being scraped for some movies even though there are tons of them on imdb.
That's simple (and free) to do with Notepad++.
Install it.
Click 'Search'
Click 'Find in files'
Put '<trailer>ERROR</trailer> (or whatever) in the 'Find What' field.
Put whatever you want instead in the 'Replace with' field.
Set filter to .nfo files (or it'll try to look in everything in your video folder).
Browse to the folders where your videos are located.
Click on 'replace in files'
Job done.

- jz1276 - 2011-10-03

trogggy Wrote:That's simple (and free) to do with Notepad++.
Install it.
Click 'Search'
Click 'Find in files'
Put '<trailer>ERROR</trailer> (or whatever) in the 'Find What' field.
Put whatever you want instead in the 'Replace with' field.
Set filter to .nfo files (or it'll try to look in everything in your video folder).
Browse to the folders where your videos are located.
Click on 'replace in files'
Job done.

for some reason i'm getting zero hits for every single serach. i'm following your directions to a T.
The directory is set correctly and I'm just looking for them now, not trying to replace them yet.

Search "</sorttitle>" (0 hits in 0 files)
Search "<sorttitle></sorttitle>" (0 hits in 0 files)
Search "<trailer>" (0 hits in 0 files)
Search "<alternativetitle>" (0 hits in 0 files)
Search "<originaltitlename>" (0 hits in 0 files)
Search "<trailer>ERROR</trailer>" (0 hits in 0 files)

- trogggy - 2011-10-03

jz1276 Wrote:for some reason i'm getting zero hits for every single serach. i'm following your directions to a T.
The directory is set correctly and I'm just looking for them now, not trying to replace them yet.

Search "</sorttitle>" (0 hits in 0 files)
Search "<trailer>" (0 hits in 0 files)
Search "<alternativetitle>" (0 hits in 0 files)
Search "<originaltitlename>" (0 hits in 0 files)
Search "<trailer>ERROR</trailer>" (0 hits in 0 files)
Just tried 'Find all' and it worked for me (at the second attempt).
I put
Quote:*.nfo*
in the filters box and ticked 'in all subfolders' - and the text I was searching for showed up straight away.
Did you use the * either side in the filters box? I didn't specify that, sorry if it was the problem.

- Rodimus - 2011-10-05

I've recently moved all my TV shows to a diff drive, well renamed them from Z: to V: and now MC cannot see them when they load, well not all of them, most of the time it tells me cannot find Z:/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX when it's now V:z\ and i've tol it to look in V: tried rebuilding etc. I don;t really want to have to rescrape all the ongoing shows (again)

<tvshow NfoPath="v:\Boardwalk Empire\tvshow.nfo">

This is the offending line in each nfo, am I going to have to either delete every nfo & rescrape or go down each one and edit?

Surely I could wipe that line to read

<tvshow NfoPath="tvshow.nfo"> or something similar so it's not an issue if I end up changing drives at a later date?

- jz1276 - 2011-10-05

trogggy Wrote:Just tried 'Find all' and it worked for me (at the second attempt).
I put in the filters box and ticked 'in all subfolders' - and the text I was searching for showed up straight away.
Did you use the * either side in the filters box? I didn't specify that, sorry if it was the problem.

no, i didnt. i will now though. thanks again.

- emueyes - 2011-10-09

I'm having some trouble getting started. I have a collection of Blurays, each in their own directory under a "Rips" top-level directory, and also an 'easy access' directory called "Blurays" which contains hardlinks to the required .m2ts file. This works really well, sometimes I have to remux a movie if it's broken into parts or has multiple endings but that's easy.

My problem is that if I get Media Companion to look at the "Rips" dir, it finds all the .m2ts files (hundreds of them). I tried setting it to use XBMC scrapers and to use the dirname as the moviename, but that didn't work.

I also tried reading the "Blurays" folder, with more success, but with .nfo and .jpg files ending up in the same directory as the (linked) m2ts files.

Since i only started looking at this tonight I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious. My goal ultimately is to have an individual XML file for each movie.

I'm using MC 3.416b in Win7 64bit.

tia

Rob

- emueyes - 2011-10-09

ok, now I've made some progress. Having the nfo and tbn files in the same directory as the m2ts links is something I can live with, but try as I have the cover art is always being named 'folder.jpg', instead of the moviename.

Also, I find that the ratings, outline and stars fields are not coming across

Rob

- vbat99 - 2011-10-09

As of MC 3.4.1.7b, it was found that Dot Net Framework 4 FULL needs to be installed for successful movie scraping.

- emueyes - 2011-10-10

I installed dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe which appears to be the correct package, but am still not scraping some info - Rating, Star and Outline fields are all left blank. It does pick the correct movie though, so there's no problem there.

I've found that if I use the scraper for TMDB and then - manually - Change movie using IMDB it will pick up the rating, but lose the runtime information.Huh

- jg1395 - 2011-10-18

KeithLM Wrote:Is TheTVDB.com really still down? Or is this an MC problem? So far as I can tell the site is up, but perhaps their api is broken. Does anyone know? I've been checking a couple times a day since this weekend and so far it hasn't worked.

Also, how do you view the debug logs in MC? I can turn on the debug option, but I see nothing in the log that pops up after a run that is really useful. Just says the site may be down or unreachable. It behaves the same regardless if debug is on or off.

same problem. No fix yet?

- Axman - 2011-10-23

I have now successfully metatagged my entire video library thanks to Media Companion, fantastic app.

I have all movies in separate folders, now with nfo files matching movie file name, and fanart image, as well as .actors folder.

However, when I add the source in XBMC, only about half of my movies show up in library mode. In file browser mode I can see them all.
I have tried clearing the cache, re-adding the source, updating the library, and restarted XBMC a bunch of times. XBMC refuses to recognize the same movies in library mode time after time.

Can anybody help me figure this out? Folder names, file names, nfo files, everything seem to be correct.

Thanks!

Edit: It seems that in library mode, XBMC will only show the movies it is able to find a match for in the online scraper, and mine is scraping by filename. That is stupid when I have an nfo with the videofile that contains all the information. How can I force XBMC to fetch the information from the NFO, and not care about "matches" in the online scraper?

- Axman - 2011-10-23

doublepost

- LowBoost - 2011-10-26

Sorry for the newbie question. Is it possible to run MC from a remote location (other than the XBMC computer itself)? I usually leave the HTPC on so anyone home can watch/stream. I tried to run MC from my PC, and expected a prompt/setup to the XBMC location.

Instead, it immediately crashed. After some troubleshooting, it nows tries to rebuild TV Shows and stays there indefinitely.

I ran it locally in the XBMC machine and works great for what I want it for. (Folder, Fan-art and NFO files stored in the same folder as the media). It also allows to change my posters and fan-art really easy/fast.

I also noticed that if I start an RDP session, I can't start XBMC, so would be great if I can run the tool remotely.

Just for testing… is there any other tool that will allow me to do this as well?

- LowBoost - 2011-10-30

Axman Wrote:I have now successfully metatagged my entire video library thanks to Media Companion, fantastic app.

I have all movies in separate folders, now with nfo files matching movie file name, and fanart image, as well as .actors folder.

However, when I add the source in XBMC, only about half of my movies show up in library mode. In file browser mode I can see them all.
I have tried clearing the cache, re-adding the source, updating the library, and restarted XBMC a bunch of times. XBMC refuses to recognize the same movies in library mode time after time.

Can anybody help me figure this out? Folder names, file names, nfo files, everything seem to be correct.

Thanks!

Edit: It seems that in library mode, XBMC will only show the movies it is able to find a match for in the online scraper, and mine is scraping by filename. That is stupid when I have an nfo with the videofile that contains all the information. How can I force XBMC to fetch the information from the NFO, and not care about "matches" in the online scraper?

As Axman, I have now metatagged my collection, added posters and fan-art, created nfo files, etc. This morning I added a couple more folders (movies) to my main folder, launched MC to edit the infomation, u I noticed that only a few of them shows up in MC... the others are not listed at all.

I launched XBMC and it found most of the new movies I added with the exception of two. I went back to MC, and I still can't see them.

Any ideas, suggestions?