Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- jg1395 - 2011-10-31

jg1395 Wrote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
Is TheTVDB.com really still down? Or is this an MC problem? So far as I can tell the site is up, but perhaps their api is broken. Does anyone know? I've been checking a couple times a day since this weekend and so far it hasn't worked.

Also, how do you view the debug logs in MC? I can turn on the debug option, but I see nothing in the log that pops up after a run that is really useful. Just says the site may be down or unreachable. It behaves the same regardless if debug is on or off.
same problem. No fix yet?

I fixed my problem don't really know how. Installed the full .net, rebuilt my tv shows, rebooted a few times, dunno. But i think it works now. Oo I guess i'll know when i add more to it tomorrow.

- scovette - 2011-11-07

Axman Wrote:Edit: It seems that in library mode, XBMC will only show the movies it is able to find a match for in the online scraper, and mine is scraping by filename. That is stupid when I have an nfo with the videofile that contains all the information. How can I force XBMC to fetch the information from the NFO, and not care about "matches" in the online scraper?
When you add a source, you need to check "use folder name for lookups." XBMC then will go to the nfo first.

- LowBoost - 2011-11-10

Anyone knows if I can launch MC2 from another PC and access the HTPC database/library?
I hate the fact that I need to log-in to the HTPC to work on it, when I could be editing remotely.

- KeithLM - 2011-11-10

LowBoost Wrote:Anyone knows if I can launch MC2 from another PC and access the HTPC database/library?
I hate the fact that I need to log-in to the HTPC to work on it, when I could be editing remotely.

It runs fine without being installed. I run it from a network drive and access it via different PCs all the time. Also, there's not much to it's local storage. It keeps a file with the sources and such, but all the show/movie info is stored in the folder with the video file. Now for this to work you'll have to have the drive mapping the same on the different PCs.

- LowBoost - 2011-11-10

Hmm so you mean that if my HTPC has 2 local drived for the movies. (Say Y: and ZSmile
I would have to map those two drives with the same drive letters on each machine I run MC2 remotely?

That makes sense, however it defeats the purpose.

Thanks anyways. Smile

- trogggy - 2011-11-11

Just to say thanks to the MC team for adding support for .strm files. It should work with icelibrary streams from this week's release.

- rev105 - 2011-11-15

First I would like to say thanks for this great program.

Is it possible for me add custom genre's for MC to use to filter? If I could achieve this by just editing a text or html file that would be fine.

Many Thanks.

- Rastan - 2011-11-16

rev105 Wrote:First I would like to say thanks for this great program.

Is it possible for me add custom genre's for MC to use to filter? If I could achieve this by just editing a text or html file that would be fine.

Many Thanks.

Create a text file and call it "filters.txt" then place it in the settings folder. For example what I have in mine is...

<85>
Action
Adventure
Animation
Biography
Comedy
Conspiracy
Children
Crime
Documentary
Drama
Family
Fantasy
Film-Noir
HD
History
Horror
Kung-Fu
Music
Musical
Mystery
Reality-TV
Romance
Sci-Fi
Short
Sport
Superheroes
Thriller
War
Western
Top250
Watched
Unwatched
Problem
Duplicates
Missing Posters
Missing Fanart

...You can simply add whatever genre name you want to it then you will be able to filter it in Media Companion.

Hope that helps Wink

- Death-Axe - 2011-11-17

Fan art scraping from tmdb is broken (again). Fan art is on the site, program claims there is non. Also the fan art browser has been broken for like a year now.

Any chance of a fix, or are we all just wasting our time here?

- rev105 - 2011-11-17

Rastan Wrote:Create a text file and call it "filters.txt" then place it in the settings folder. For example what I have in mine is...

Hope that helps Wink

Rastan thanks a lot that is exactly what I wanted and it was so easy.

- ff9b034cd2 - 2011-11-20

Hi Gents

I'm loving MC Gen 2. Two quick questions:

Are 'raw' Blu Ray rips supported?

In my movie listing, it has many rows of "STREAM". Each of these are from BDMV\STREAM\000*.m2ts. How can I tell MC to work around these and just work on the top level folder?

How to I 'clean' all nfo information and manually assign it an IMDB ID?

I have a bunch of movies which haven't resolved to anything, or have resolved wrong. Ive tried selecting the movie, then "Change Movie" but it throws an error:
Code:
System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.Button21_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

End of log

Is "Change movie" the correct process and my problem is it's crashing mid way through?

Thanks again for the awesome program.

- jg1395 - 2011-11-22

Death-Axe Wrote:Fan art scraping from tmdb is broken (again). Fan art is on the site, program claims there is non. Also the fan art browser has been broken for like a year now.

Any chance of a fix, or are we all just wasting our time here?

Fan art works and the fan art browser has been working for the entire year.

- Death-Axe - 2011-11-24

OK, latest beta, and the stable version you recommend. both versions, TV shows is COMPLETELY broken. I decided to re create the DB, deleted the whole program even. This is what happens:

Add TV show folders, add tv show folders to list. hit save, it scans, hit save again.

Go to TV list: I get shows listed with no sub folders, no plusses, no locked icons, nothing.

Refresh/rebuild shows: goes through the process, whole program locks up on "loading cache".

End task, open program again, freezes on loading DB. Now as I recall, TV shows has never worked right, and now? it doesn't work at all.

As for the above guy, fan art browser hasn't worked since the start of gen 2. And poster browser has never worked for TMDB posters since gen 2.

what the bloodyhell is going on?

- eddiem - 2011-11-24

TV Shows
Fan art browser
TMDB poster browser
all working in MC 3.423b Weekly

- Death-Axe - 2011-11-24

If this works how you claim then, why isn't it working here?

Also to add, when first adding the shows from scratch, the top TV show is a "" with a blue question mark icon. Not really sure what that is all about either...

And one more thing, on adding one of my sources I get H:\cartoons appears to contain season folders, are you sure this folder contains tv shows...?

could be this causing it, no season folders are in there, so could be the bug thats breaking it for me. does same on my laptop too. Both running win 7 home.

one more thing, if I don't select refresh shows, and I close then open the app, it doesn't save the shows list.

Another edit: I left the program frozen for about 10 mins, and eventually it unfroze.

So my main problem is: refresh/rebuild takes about 10 mins, opening the program itself on loading the tv db also takes about 10 mins. (also takes about the same time to exit the app) Something is seriously broken somewhere. Happens on my laptop as well, assessing the folders via shares (with direct access on the htpc as that is where my drives are connected)