Kodi Community Forum
[LIVE] HOW-TO install XBMC Live on Acer Aspire Revo - The Complete Guide for Newbies - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [LIVE] HOW-TO install XBMC Live on Acer Aspire Revo - The Complete Guide for Newbies (/showthread.php?tid=53888)

- Tsuris - 2010-04-30

I don't believe there is a video, but just go to the first page in this thread or here. I can also give you my settings info if you need it but most of what you need to get started is in those two places.

One thing to change, don't use the usb thumb drive (flash memory stick) install it with an external cd-rom drive!

- kopkiwi - 2010-04-30

Tsuris Wrote:I don't believe there is a video, but just go to the first page in this thread or here. I can also give you my settings info if you need it but most of what you need to get started is in those two places.

One thing to change, don't use the usb thumb drive (flash memory stick) install it with an external cd-rom drive!

And if I don't have an external cd-rom drive...Eek

- tissot - 2010-04-30

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole XBMC thing and I have a few questions, so go easy on me Blush

I have a Revo 1600 upgraded the ram to 2gb, using the Aeon hitched skin and I'm running Live 9.11 installed into the internal HDD. The problem I'm having is that the system would randomly boot me off to the command line asking me to login.

The next question is fairly simple and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but just want to make sure. When I send files within the same network through SFTP, it doesn't use my ISP bandwidth, right?

- thatjoshguy - 2010-04-30

tissot Wrote:Hey guys, I'm new to the whole XBMC thing and I have a few questions, so go easy on me Blush

I have a Revo 1600 upgraded the ram to 2gb, using the Aeon hitched skin and I'm running Live 9.11 installed into the internal HDD. The problem I'm having is that the system would randomly boot me off to the command line asking me to login.

This happens when XBMC crashes for whatever reason. Check your log files for why (may need to enable them first)

tissot Wrote:The next question is fairly simple and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but just want to make sure. When I send files within the same network through SFTP, it doesn't use my ISP bandwidth, right?

Right, local network traffic stays on your local network.

- tissot - 2010-04-30

thatjoshguy Wrote:This happens when XBMC crashes for whatever reason. Check your log files for why (may need to enable them first)

I know how to enable log files, but how would I check them and how do I post them here?

- Tsuris - 2010-04-30

kopkiwi Wrote:And if I don't have an external cd-rom drive...Eek

I didn't either, but it was well worth the purchase.

- tissot - 2010-04-30

Here's some of my log files. I think I did it right. Can anyone determine what's wrong with my system?

http://pastesite.com/15147

http://pastesite.com/15145

http://pastesite.com/15146

- Mrkennedy - 2010-05-01

Hi guys,

Helping a friend with his new machine. It came with 2gb ram so changed the video to 512mb and i have an external dvd drive but it's not seeing it at all, all it sees is the HDD.

any ideas

- kdeuce - 2010-05-02

OK, this seems like it should be simple enough.

I installed XBMC Live on my Acer Revo 1600's internal 160gb drive. I then FTP'd into it and created a folder at "/home/Movies" so that I could upload some files instead of just wasting all of the free space.

My problem is I have no clue how to add that folder as a share in the video library. Any attempt I make to locate or point to it gets denied. I even edited the "nodiskmount" from the menu.lst hoping that would help.

So what am I doing wrong? Is there somewhere else the files need to be put or and I totally missing a setting?

Thanks.

EDIT: I broke down and posted this after nearly 3hrs of searching around/messing with the revo. Less than 10 minutes later I figured it out myself. You have to create your new folders inside "/home/<username>/". Then when you add a video source just choose "Home Folder". Sigh.

- JeremySt - 2010-05-03

Hey all.

New to the forums. Ive looked around a bit, and cant seem to resolve this issue... I have the Acer 3610, and my HD content is stuttering. The content is connected via USB directly.

I updated the lastest driver from NVidia.

Under system info, it says GPU: NVidia Ion

on the first post in this thread, the OP reccomends:

VIDEO: Setting > Video > Play:
Set Render to - VDPAU

I cannot find this option. Is that my problem?

edit: Im running XBMC from windows.... does this only work on the XBMC live method?

edit 2: Boxee is playing back the files fine..... also running from XP. wierd.

- Ninjahblu - 2010-05-04

JeremySt Wrote:Hey all.
edit: Im running XBMC from windows.... does this only work on the XBMC live method?

That is correct. You can only enable VDPAU on Linux-based XBMC installs and XBMC Live.

Windows does have the DSPlayer and other methods of video acceleration though. Take a look at the Windows part of the forum.

XBMC Live on Acer Aspire Revo AR1600 - conchamp - 2010-05-05

I have XBMC live installled on Acer Aspire Revo AR3610 and it works great. I am looking at building one more, but may be a more cost effective variant.

Has anyone tried XBMC live on Aspire Revo AR1600? i guess this uses a slower atom 230 processor.

- gabbott - 2010-05-05

conchamp Wrote:I have XBMC live installled on Acer Aspire Revo AR3610 and it works great. I am looking at building one more, but may be a more cost effective variant.

Has anyone tried XBMC live on Aspire Revo AR1600? i guess this uses a slower atom 230 processor.

I run XBMC live on 2 1600s and works fine for me and I stream a good deal of 1080p content. The processor I dont believe is any slower, just that it is a single-core.

- TheDuffMan - 2010-05-05

I thought the 230 was slower. In any case, I also use the 230 and can watch 1080p content without a problem. Works perfectly for me.

- gabbott - 2010-05-06

TheDuffMan Wrote:I thought the 230 was slower. In any case, I also use the 230 and can watch 1080p content without a problem. Works perfectly for me.

Both the 230 and 330 are clocked at 1.6GHz, just that the 230 is single core and 330 is dual core.