Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- whipper - 2009-08-05

Hey Ronie just gets better and better! Thanks man! I keep finding new things and going WOW! Since when can you watch trailers if available?!? Its awesome.Shocked

Small question how do I rename favorites? in the home screen banner? I've done it once before in The Operation but can't really remember how? I'm a bit of a noviceBlush I'd like to call it Music videos and put all my music videos/dvds in one easy place.
Thank in advance

- ronie - 2009-08-05

whipper Wrote:Small question how do I rename favorites? in the home screen banner? I've done it once before in The Operation but can't really remember how? I'm a bit of a noviceBlush I'd like to call it Music videos and put all my music videos/dvds in one easy place.
Thank in advance

in Home.xml, replace every occurrence of:
<label>1036</label>
with
<label>20389</label>

- whipper - 2009-08-05

ronie Wrote:in Home.xml, replace every occurrence of:
<label>1036</label>
with
<label>20389</label>

Thanks I'll give it a try! So just change the numbers?

Easy when you know how! Even I managed! Thanks

- rudeboyx - 2009-08-05

ronie Wrote:looks very unlikely to me. there must be something else going wrong i think.
i tried it myself and this is what i get:
msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: smb://xbmc/xbmc-1/Music/Alternative/Radiohead/Com Lag/cdart.png Error: (0)

so it really lists the genre just once.

are you sure you set the path to G:\Music\Albums\ and not to G:\Music\Albums\Dance ??

if i highlight an album and press the i button on my remote i get the info screen pop up and under the genre tag it says "Dance / Dance" yet when i select genre-list in music library it only shows "Dance"

definatley somthing to do with the way xbmc seems to have stored my genres

- grupy - 2009-08-05

i can get cdart.png to work for some albums but not all.

my folder structure is:
F:\Music\50 Cent\Get Rich Or Die Tryin\cdart.png (this case it doesnt work)

F:\Music\The Game\The Documentary\cdart.png (here it works)

Is there a character string or something that might cause it not to work, such as file size for example? In the 50 Cent example, the default one works fine and I created the cdart.png with the same settings in PS so it should work...is there something I could possibly be missing?

- flipped cracker - 2009-08-05

if you have proper tags, xbmc will read the first album as Get Rich or Die Tryin' but your folder doesn't have the ' in it. the path has to be exactly what xbmc reads the tags to be.

- junk - 2009-08-05

Hmm, don't know if this is related to the skin or XBMC, but episode numbers for TV-shows are no longer displayed in any view. Anyone know why? Did I tick some setting I shouldn't have?

- ronie - 2009-08-05

junk Wrote:Hmm, don't know if this is related to the skin or XBMC, but episode numbers for TV-shows are no longer displayed in any view. Anyone know why? Did I tick some setting I shouldn't have?

this depends on the 'sort' setting, sorting by episode will display the episode number, while sorting by name doesn't.

- junk - 2009-08-05

Ah, too simple Wink

Thanks!

- ashlar - 2009-08-05

ronie Wrote:i could lower the volume a bit...
but i certainly won't be copying any files from other skins to Transparency!.
Sure, I respect that. Smile
Quote:as with everything, if someone thinks they can come up with a better sound-scheme, i'm all ears. ;-)
Unfortunately I'm no sound engineer or anything even remotely similar. A lower volume could be a step in the right direction. For my tastes, mind.

It might well be that those sounds are among the most liked things in Transparency! Big Grin

i always turn the sound off no matter what skin i use.

i just noticed that when you play trailers on the xbox, it plays it full screen, but if you play them on the pc, it's only the small window that lets you keep browsing. any way of making it the same on the xbox?

- grupy - 2009-08-05

flipped cracker Wrote:if you have proper tags, xbmc will read the first album as Get Rich or Die Tryin' but your folder doesn't have the ' in it. the path has to be exactly what xbmc reads the tags to be.

Outside of the debugging feature, is there a way to know how XBMC is reading certain tags or folders?

Also, how do I turn on debugging and where do the logs go once their is an error or this feature turned on. This way I can take a look through the logs and verify what the problem is.

I also wanted to know for 2 CD albums such as 2pac - All Eyez On Me, does XBMC expect the album to have 2 folders for each disk or is it okay to place them all under a single folder?

Again, I appreciate all the feedback and help that everyone, especially Ronie, has provided for my questions and for other users using this excellent skin

1) if you're browsing your music library, the album name it shows should be what's in the tags.

2) you can turn debugging on in the system settings. xbmc.log is the regular log and the debug log.

3) as for the 2 disc albums, whatever xbmc sees as the album is what the folder will need to be named and where the image needs to be.

- prae5 - 2009-08-05

Could someone confirm the following is expected behaviour:

1. On the home screen you have recently added movies / episodes.
2. If i can select and scroll down the list of recently added items.
3. Expected behaviour would then be to click on ok/enter and have the item start playing.

However, nothing happens when i try to start playing the item. Is this expected?

thanks

hmm, works on my Macbook but not on my linux install - will have to dig more.