Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- Nuka1195 - 2009-08-09

a repo.xml could be made for your svn.

but, it's not a real svn client. meaning it will download all files even unchanged ones. a proper installer needs to be made.

for skins it's really best for a one time download. it also can not compile textures.xpr.

if you want a repo.xml. i'll make one. if you can run the skin with textures outside the textur.xpr.

about issues with the weather plugin. the skin does have to support it. there is also an issue running two scripts/plugins at the same time. so if you're running the recently added script at start and enable the weather plugin. you can have issues. Jmarshall knows and has a fix/work around. must just be too busy to commit it.

skin looks really nice.

- ronie - 2009-08-09

bidossessi Wrote:i'm sure gamester17 could help there. try sending him a PM.

Nuka1195 Wrote:a repo.xml could be made for your svn.
but, it's not a real svn client. meaning it will download all files even unchanged ones. a proper installer needs to be made.
for skins it's really best for a one time download. it also can not compile textures.xpr.
if you want a repo.xml. i'll make one. if you can run the skin with textures outside the textur.xpr.

thanx for the info. laste time i spoke to Gamester17 he mentioned this:
Quote:Later we will also plan on adding a script to XBMC which lets end-users browse and install skins in XBMC Skinning Project SVN directly from XBMC GUI.

so i guess it's best to wait for that.

Nuka1195 Wrote:about issues with the weather plugin. the skin does have to support it. there is also an issue running two scripts/plugins at the same time. so if you're running the recently added script at start and enable the weather plugin. you can have issues. Jmarshall knows and has a fix/work around. must just be too busy to commit it.

wish there were 48 hours in a day. i still have to look at adding support for both weather.com plus and home theater experience.

it's all on this long list of things to do....

for those who are wondering what's going on: i've been mainly focusing on bugfixes since the release of v1.0.
last week i redid the entire homescreen to make use of conditional includes instead of just using a <visible> condition for all the items that can be enabled/disabled in skin settings.
this should make things run even smoother, especially on the xbox.
i also tried to streamline the whole flagging detection code in the skin, cause it was too cpu intensive imo.
i've managed to get a decrease of ~10% with the new code (on my quadcore).
finally i reviewed all of the text-labels in skin-settings to make it easier for them being translated to other languages.

oh, i also moved all of the different views to separate xml files as it was starting to get a bit messy having a lot of them in one file.
should make things easier for the modders out there as well. ;-)

- cotdagoo - 2009-08-09

ronie Wrote:nope it's not in v1.03. i've only been bug-hunting since v1.00.
but i'm sure it's still somewhere on my 30-something list of things to do.

ViewsFileMode.xml, line 2053 change:
<visible>Container.Content(TVShows) | [Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) + Container.Content(TVShows)]</visible>
to:
<visible>Container.Content(TVShows) | [Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) + Container.Content(TVShows)] | [Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) + Container.Content(Movies)]</visible>

downloaded 1.03 last night after getting back home and made the changes you suggested. unfortunately i'm still not getting the wide icon views as an option.

just to make sure we're thinking about the same page that this view should be enabled now this is what's at the top of the screen:

XBMC - Video - Files

and here's the views i'm able to pick from:
View: List, View: Thumbnail, View: Full list, View: List

the view i'm trying to get is View: Wide icons - it's available within a subfolder i've designated as 'TV' as well as 'Movies' accessed from the home window 'Videos' button - but only in the subfolders not the main listing.

any ideas? (i know you're swamped.. so i apologize). i know it was there in v0.27 - just trying to get the same functionality Smile

cheers & thanks for your time, and one of the best skins i've used over many years in xbmc

- ronie - 2009-08-09

cotdagoo Wrote:the view i'm trying to get is View: Wide icons - it's available within a subfolder i've designated as 'TV' as well as 'Movies' accessed from the home window 'Videos' button - but only in the subfolders not the main listing.

ah, i missed that part. if you also want to have wide icon view at the 'root', change it to:
<visible>Container.Content(TVShows) | Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles)</visible>

- cotdagoo - 2009-08-09

ronie Wrote:ah, i missed that part. if you also want to have wide icon view at the 'root', change it to:
<visible>Container.Content(TVShows) | Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles)</visible>

perfect! thanks so much.

- mcborzu - 2009-08-09

Nuka1195 Wrote:about issues with the weather plugin. the skin does have to support it. there is also an issue running two scripts/plugins at the same time. so if you're running the recently added script at start and enable the weather plugin. you can have issues. Jmarshall knows and has a fix/work around. must just be too busy to commit it.

skin looks really nice.

Is there a link to the thread or trac, I've been having the same problem but I never noticed anyone else having started a thread so I thought it was just my setup or something....

- thecubical - 2009-08-10

ronie can you give us any idea of what features are planned for the future?

- ronie - 2009-08-10

thecubical Wrote:ronie can you give us any idea of what features are planned for the future?

here's one, i've just finished skin support for the weather.com plus plugin.

7-day forecast and radar image:

i've also added skin support for the home theater experience script today.

- rudeboyx - 2009-08-10

nice work ronie. im drooling just lookin at that weather screenshot. when can we get our hands on it?

- mcborzu - 2009-08-10

Ohhhh love that weather...that was my favorite part if the TWC script. So if I read that TWC plugin thread to get those radar screens it's up to the skinners to skin it right?

- ronie - 2009-08-10

mcborzu Wrote:Ohhhh love that weather...that was my favorite part if the TWC script. So if I read that TWC plugin thread to get those radar screens it's up to the skinners to skin it right?

yep, that's what i just did ;-)

if you install the new weather.com plus plugin, you can select which radar image it should show:
Settings > Weather > plugin settings.

- kizer - 2009-08-10

I like how simple you kept the weather page with the addon script that is. It looks like it belongs there.

- ronie - 2009-08-10

rudeboyx Wrote:nice work ronie. im drooling just lookin at that weather screenshot. when can we get our hands on it?

i really don't know......as soon as enough new things have been added, i guess.

- ronie - 2009-08-10

kizer Wrote:I like how simple you kept the weather page with the addon script that is. It looks like it belongs there.

i hope so. ;-)
maybe i'll code some other views in the future, like an hourly forecast or 36 hour forecast.

again, if anyone's got some ideas what they would like to see in the new weather page, just let me know.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-08-10

looks good ronie,

Settings > Weather > plugin settings for map list gives you a category of maps.

you still can have a list of individual maps. it will default to the first map in the categories list. and you can have three categories if you wish.

http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/packages/Project%20Mayhem%20III%20-%20Weather.zip

has the example skin. you should if you want to give the users a choice, be able to copy the static content from the maps xml.

request, a zoom button or a way to zoom the map. the above skin has this feature, by selecting the map itself. (a hidden button)