Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- ronie - 2009-08-11

junk Wrote:Don't know if this is the right place to post about this, but i would love to have a symbol indicating if a movie is watched or not in the Slide view. Possible?

i'll add it to the list of things to do. :-)

- ronie - 2009-08-11

mcborzu Wrote:I was searching the forums and ran across this post...HERE.

It was dated 2009-03-02 and you said:

I was surprised that just six months ago you said that and look at Transparency, not just the skin but all the mods/scripts that go into it...Plus I see you answer complicated skinning questions all the time too.

lol, yeah....my first little steps.
guess i grew up quite a bit in the last 6 months. ;-)

- darknior - 2009-08-12

ronie Wrote:it's already in the skin ;-)
Settings > System Info

Yes i know, we can see the version in the system, but we can't see the last number version on SVN ?
and we must go to the System menu, it is not on home screen Wink

I speak about that because we made an excelent script for xbox who permit directly without PC to see if we have the last version and upgrade our version very quick Big Grin
But for that we must go in PROGRAM to lauch the script, and i want to know if we can see the release number on the home screen to save time Wink

- TheQuestor - 2009-08-12

ronie Wrote:it's already in the skin ;-)
Settings > System Info

I guess I could write a new api for my site that would allow you to scrape the build #'s and info and links in plain text so you could show a list of available builds?

Kind of like this
http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/inc/EVA.asp?mode=BW
but without all the fluff.

Might that be useful?

Craig

- whufclee - 2009-08-12

Apologies if this request isn't in the correct section - not really too sure where I should be requesting this one... Went round a mates house the other day who has AppleTV and he had the slideshow playing with all his photos. Looked really good, especially when entertaining guests with a bit of music on in the background. I know you can have a slideshow with xbmc but it only shows one photo at a time whereas the appletv one had loads of photos scrolling up the screen randomly (sounds rubbish as I'm reading what I just read but in real life it looks cool!). Anyone know if this can be implemented or if there is already a script/plugin out there that can do this?

- Nate Dogg III - 2009-08-12

Very quick question: does Transparency support TV show fanart at season level? I've tried highlighting a season within XBMC, bringing up the info window and selecting 'get fanart' but whichever one I download is applied to the entire show.

- rudeboyx - 2009-08-12

Nate Dogg III Wrote:Very quick question: does Transparency support TV show fanart at season level? I've tried highlighting a season within XBMC, bringing up the info window and selecting 'get fanart' but whichever one I download is applied to the entire show.

thats how fanart for tv shows works. if you want different fanart for different seasons you need to use file mode and put different fanarts in your season folders

- Nate Dogg III - 2009-08-12

rudeboyx Wrote:thats how fanart for tv shows works. if you want different fanart for different seasons you need to use file mode and put different fanarts in your season folders

Ah right. So it's not supported in library mode at all? I read that Serenity does it - I assume it's a bit of skinning cleverness rather than an XBMC thing.

Cheers for clearing it up.

- rudeboyx - 2009-08-12

ronie. iv finally found out why my cdart isnt working (i dont know if you remember the posts)

my genres were being stored as "Dance / Dance because the mp3 tagging program i use (TagTuner 2.0) was filling in the extra genre tag as well as the main genre tag. XBMC pics up the extra genre tag and stores it in the musicdb.xml under "strExtraGenre", and although its not displayed whilst browsing music in xbmc, xbmc includes it when calling it for a skin with $INFO

so my question to you is what program do you use to tag your mp3s, as i need to re-tag my entire music librarySad

- yadster - 2009-08-12

I've been using Transparancy for a few weeks now, pretty much on a daily basis, for playing mp3s, shoutcast and videos. I'm very pleased with it, it works well on my xbox, and it looks very slick. I had some friends over at the weekend and they were blown away by xbmc, what it could do and the look of it, thanks to your skin. They were even more impressed when they realised it was a cheapo xbox doing it all and not some mega-expensive media centre.

I use fanart for my views as it gives me all the info I need without cluttering up the screen. My view is that maybe the list could be reduced by about five, so you still got a decent list but you get to see more of the fanart. That's just my personal taste and not a criticism. It would be nice (imho) if in music the cd covers were given a case to add a bit more polish to the look of the skin. The cdart really does look cool so a big thumbs up for that.

Not sure if you've tried minimeedia but what I like about that skin is the amount of info you get if you press 'title' or pause the video. You get the synopsis, time, approx end time, running time and screen shot in a relatively small amount of space without appearing cluttered. Any chance of making Transparancy more in line with that?

A big thanks for helping me with xml editing. Having the settings tucked away and the current weather info always on the home screen have made the skin more to my liking so cheers for the help. Look forward to the 'emulator' screen as I still play old arcade games using coinops. Any hints as to what else you are adding or tweaking for the next version?? Big Grin

- grupy - 2009-08-12

rudeboyx Wrote:ronie. iv finally found out why my cdart isnt working (i dont know if you remember the posts)

my genres were being stored as "Dance / Dance because the mp3 tagging program i use (TagTuner 2.0) was filling in the extra genre tag as well as the main genre tag. XBMC pics up the extra genre tag and stores it in the musicdb.xml under "strExtraGenre", and although its not displayed whilst browsing music in xbmc, xbmc includes it when calling it for a skin with $INFO

so my question to you is what program do you use to tag your mp3s, as i need to re-tag my entire music librarySad

try mediamonkey, i have yet to try it but plan on redoing my mp3 tagging tonight on some of my albums that dont allow cdart.png to play

- joebrady - 2009-08-12

I looked MediaMokeny the other night, but couldn't find the extra genre tag, but perhaps I didn't look in the right place.

- ronie - 2009-08-12

rudeboyx Wrote:ronie. iv finally found out why my cdart isnt working (i dont know if you remember the posts)

i'm using foobar2000

- ronie - 2009-08-12

yadster Wrote:I use fanart for my views as it gives me all the info I need without cluttering up the screen. My view is that maybe the list could be reduced by about five, so you still got a decent list but you get to see more of the fanart. That's just my personal taste and not a criticism.

if you want to, add your opion to the discussion here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55552

yadster Wrote:It would be nice (imho) if in music the cd covers were given a case to add a bit more polish to the look of the skin. The cdart really does look cool so a big thumbs up for that.

send me a cd case you like and i'll have a look.
oh.. it should also match the dvd case, so send me that one as well. ;-)

yadster Wrote:Not sure if you've tried minimeedia but what I like about that skin is the amount of info you get if you press 'title' or pause the video. You get the synopsis, time, approx end time, running time and screen shot in a relatively small amount of space without appearing cluttered. Any chance of making Transparancy more in line with that?

i think all of that is available in Transparency! as well?
i haven't used MiniMedia, so if you could fix me a screenshot of what you're looking for.

cheers. :-)

- yadster - 2009-08-12

ronie Wrote:if you want to, add your opion to the discussion here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55552

Okey dokey.

ronie Wrote:send me a cd case you like and i'll have a look.
oh.. it should also match the dvd case, so send me that one as well. ;-)

I'll have a look around and find some examples.

ronie Wrote:i think all of that is available in Transparency! as well?
i haven't used MiniMedia, so if you could fix me a screenshot of what you're looking for.

I've pinched this one from the Minimeedia gallery thread. You can get this by pressing title on the remote or pausing a video.