Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- nicoli_k - 2009-08-12

I'm not sure if this is possible to implement, but whenever I select Games, it goes to the Games folder and acts like I expect. However, when I then select Programs it goes into the Games category again.

I've made a workaround for this by adding a "Programs" category inside of the Programs menu and adding Program Plugins as a source. I then edited Home.xml to "ActivateWindow(Programs,Programs)" when clicking the Programs button.

I realize there's an option to not remember different views or specific files when inside of a category, but those features work so well with the other plugins and categories that I felt disabling them so that the Games and Programs would play nice wouldn't be enough justification.

I like to have the games show in Fanart view and the programs to show in Thumbnails. This hack allows that to happen. I'm not sure if there's a more elegant way that doesn't require any folder creation on the part of the end-user, but I thought I'd share what worked for me.

- yadster - 2009-08-12

ronie Wrote:send me a cd case you like and i'll have a look.
oh.. it should also match the dvd case, so send me that one as well. ;-)

I just remembered a mod for PM3.HD you did. The cd case you used for that is ideal.

- nicoli_k - 2009-08-12

@yadster:

Here's what Transparency! does when you hit the title button (white button on Xbox is what I pressed). You have to highlight the little "i" icon to get information, but it looks like everything is there.

- yadster - 2009-08-12

nicoli_k Wrote:@yadster:

Here's what Transparency! does when you hit the title button (white button on Xbox is what I pressed). You have to highlight the little "i" icon to get information, but it looks like everything is there.

Do I feel like a complete dope Blush I didn't realise that you could highlight the 'i' but now I do it's perfect Smile Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

I use the xbox remote so when I press 'title' it fetches up that screen but to remove it I have to press 'info'. Would it be more natural to press 'title' again to remove it?

- rudeboyx - 2009-08-12

yadster Wrote:I just remembered a mod for PM3.HD you did. The cd case you used for that is ideal.

I second that. i like the cdcase to look as real as possibe. but i understand why he used the semi-transparent ccase in Transparancy!. inkeeping with the rest of the skin.

also if it could be available in all view modes and in all sections of the library. i think it was the "Compilations" section that was missing it aswell as others

- ronie - 2009-08-12

yadster Wrote:I just remembered a mod for PM3.HD you did. The cd case you used for that is ideal.

rudeboyx Wrote:I second that. i like the cdcase to look as real as possibe. but i understand why he used the semi-transparent ccase in Transparancy!. inkeeping with the rest of the skin.

lol, i changed that case on request. someone thought it would look better if the cd case matched the look of the dvd case, to keep consistency in the skin.
i think he was right, so i changed it to the current one.

and yes, it also fits the transparency look of the skin.

rudeboyx Wrote:also if it could be available in all view modes and in all sections of the library. i think it was the "Compilations" section that was missing it aswell as others

the cd case shows fine for compilations on my end. so it should also work for you.
if you find a place that's missing the case, just let me know and i'll look into it.

- ronie - 2009-08-12

nicoli_k Wrote:I'm not sure if this is possible to implement, but whenever I select Games, it goes to the Games folder and acts like I expect. However, when I then select Programs it goes into the Games category again.

it's because xbmc remembers the last location in each category.
so if you exit to the main screen and return to that category, it'll take you right back to the place you where last time.

if i understand correctly the 'make default' option in the context menu is supposed to override this behavior, but it doesn't work for me....or maybe i just don't understand how to use it.

- rudeboyx - 2009-08-13

the "make default" option on a source only applies when you first boot. once you enter the section and navigate around the "make default" no longer applies until you reboot/restart xbmc

- grupy - 2009-08-13

I found a new fanart.jpg for my artist in my music folder and i uploaded a new fanart.jpg to the F:\Music\Artist\fanart.jpg but the new fanart.jpg isnt being shown instead its an older version, is there a way to force Transperancy! to view this image instead of the older image?

- joebrady - 2009-08-13

If XBMC has cache the image you may have to look in your Userdata folder and delete the cached version.

E:/Apps/XBMC/UserData/Thumbnails/Videos/Fanart i think...

- nicoli_k - 2009-08-13

I've also been switching around Fanart in the various views. If I just back out of the folder and mess around somewhere else and then go back to it, the new one loads. Sometimes it took a couple times, but I never had to resort to digging through the fanart folder.

The "wait for it" method has worked in both movie and game fanart, I don't mess with music so I haven't tested it there.

- kizer - 2009-08-13

Check this little script out. It looks into your database and pulls out the files and stacks them in folders for fanart for TV shows and Movies. I got it to work on my Windows machine and my Xbox.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56153

Little cumbersome with all the files, but it would be kinda cool to auto build your Fanart for your Home Screen.

- ronie - 2009-08-13

grupy Wrote:I found a new fanart.jpg for my artist in my music folder and i uploaded a new fanart.jpg to the F:\Music\Artist\fanart.jpg but the new fanart.jpg isnt being shown instead its an older version, is there a way to force Transperancy! to view this image instead of the older image?

as far as i know xbmc doesn't automatically pick up the new fanart image.
you can do it manually by bringing up the artist info dialog, select get fanart and pick the new fanart image.

- grupy - 2009-08-14

ronie Wrote:as far as i know xbmc doesn't automatically pick up the new fanart image.
you can do it manually by bringing up the artist info dialog, select get fanart and pick the new fanart image.

I forgot where in Transperancy! I changed the fanart to before, thnx ronie (and everyone else) for the nice reminder...hopefully I have time tonight to play around with this.

Searching By Genre - whufclee - 2009-08-14

Would it be possible to have the option of searching by genre somewhere in slide view? Currently it's all a bit of a performance to try and find the page where you search by Genre, Title, Year, Studio etc. I'm not fussed about studio, year and all the others but genre I use a fair bit, especially when kids are over and I can just list the family films for them. If it can't be added then would someone be able to let me know how to change where the Movies button on the home screen takes me to? I would like it to take me directly to the Search by Title, Genre, Studio, Actors etc. screen if poss. Thanks in advance.