Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- nessus - 2009-08-27

ronie Wrote:...delete your video database file and rescan your movies to the library.

grupy Wrote:Im looking to do the same, can anyone point me to the proper location as to where this database file is located?

Or if you don't want to delete your database you can start every movie (Shocked) for some seconds and after that you will see the media flags.

Requests If Possible - pang - 2009-08-29

Requests If Possible:

Hide unwatched should be separate for Tv Shows and Movies, That is for example, you can use hide unwatched on tV shows and Not Movies. Right now if you select hide unwatched it applies to both.

Can you please add two optional tabs, Music Videos and Familiy Videos, so that when you click on them it takes you directly to the videos folder, And make them so you can Add Fanart to them. This would be a nice touch. (increase the scope and of xbmc)

When you hear music and you are on the title screen can you add the spinning cdart even if smaller, i think it would be a nice touch to add instead of the cover art only.

and the studio icon in the movies can you make it bigger and separate it a bot from the rest of the meta info, another thing i thing would make it nice.

one last thing a search option for the music, i think i like make have so much a big collection that a simple search would be of great utility to find those songs out of the thousands in our library

Last but not least, your skin is the one, none other comes close, i beleive that it should be the default skin for xbmc. keep up the good work ronin

PANG

- Vampirebat - 2009-08-29

pang Wrote:Requests If Possible:
Can you please add two optional tabs, Music Videos and Familiy Videos

the beta of this newest version has those options included

- stokedfish - 2009-08-29

So I'm planning on buying a 1920x1080 screen soon...

Question: What does Transparency! do with 1280x720 fanarts? Scale them up?

- JustinAiken - 2009-08-29

Yes, all my 1280x720 fanarts look fine on my 1080p screen... I can't even tell which fanarts are 720 and which aren't!

- DarkHelmet - 2009-08-29

I don't know if it's skin related or not but in the artist view of the music library there are 15 bands visible in thumbnail view. In the music video view of the music library 15 as well but in the artist view of the music video section of the video library there are only 10. Having 15 there as well would be nice to have the same look.

Also there are no music fanarts visible in the music video section of the both the music and video library. They are available in the song node though.

Artist node - no fanart
Album node - no fanart
song node - fanart visible

- ronie - 2009-08-30

DarkHelmet Wrote:I don't know if it's skin related or not but in the artist view of the music library there are 15 bands visible in thumbnail view. In the music video view of the music library 15 as well but in the artist view of the music video section of the video library there are only 10. Having 15 there as well would be nice to have the same look.
i'll have a look at it. maybe i'll also change the square thumbs to 16:9 thumbs,
just like it's currently done for episodes.

DarkHelmet Wrote:Also there are no music fanarts visible in the music video section of the both the music and video library. They are available in the song node though.

sadly there's nothing i can do about it. it's not supported by xbmc to show fanart in some sections.

- ronie - 2009-08-30

stokedfish Wrote:So I'm planning on buying a 1920x1080 screen soon...

Question: What does Transparency! do with 1280x720 fanarts? Scale them up?

Transparency! is, like most skins, a 720p skin. all fanart will be (up/down) scaled to 1280x720 by the skin.

upscaling to 1920x1080 is done by xbmc.

- ronie - 2009-08-30

pang Wrote:Requests If Possible:

Hide unwatched should be separate for Tv Shows and Movies, That is for example, you can use hide unwatched on tV shows and Not Movies. Right now if you select hide unwatched it applies to both.
this will be possible in the next release.

pang Wrote:Can you please add two optional tabs, Music Videos and Familiy Videos, so that when you click on them it takes you directly to the videos folder, And make them so you can Add Fanart to them. This would be a nice touch. (increase the scope and of xbmc)

music videos will be there in the new version, with custom backgrounds support of course.
'home videos' i'm not too sure of. adding a button to the home menu for it isn't the problem, but since there's no support for 'home videos' in xbmc, i wouldn't know where to link that button to.

pang Wrote:When you hear music and you are on the title screen can you add the spinning cdart even if smaller, i think it would be a nice touch to add instead of the cover art only.

are you talking about the home screen?
that would indeed be nice...i'll add it to the list. thanx!

pang Wrote:and the studio icon in the movies can you make it bigger and separate it a bot from the rest of the meta info, another thing i thing would make it nice.

currently this is done in the fanart view only.
doing the same in other view is very difficult (designwise).

pang Wrote:one last thing a search option for the music, i think i like make have so much a big collection that a simple search would be of great utility to find those songs out of the thousands in our library

there's a search option. and a filter option as well. they're both on the left side menu in the music library.

- stokedfish - 2009-08-30

ronie Wrote:Transparency! is, like most skins, a 720p skin. all fanart will be (up/down) scaled to 1280x720 by the skin.

upscaling to 1920x1080 is done by xbmc.

Aww, I see, but I don't really understand...lol.

So what does this mean when I run Transparency! on a 1920x1080 screen?

1. all fanart that isn't 1920x1080 will get upscaled by the skin?
2. the skin itself will get upscaled by xbmc? huh?

will it look shitty or won't I note a difference? will I get black bars or sth?

I don't get what you mean when you say "Transparency! is, like most skins, a 720p skin" ... will it look distorted?

Planning on buying this: http://digitec.ch/ProdukteDetails2.aspx?Reiter=Bilder&Artikel=158120

Cheap and got great reviews!

(219 Schweizer Franken = 206,448015 US-Dollar) Smile

please read.... - ronie - 2009-08-30

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57144

- ronie - 2009-08-30

stokedfish Wrote:Aww, I see, but I don't really understand...lol.

vielleicht soll ich es mal im Deutsch versuchen? ;-)

stokedfish Wrote:So what does this mean when I run Transparency! on a 1920x1080 screen?

the same as running just about every other skin.

stokedfish Wrote:1. all fanart that isn't 1920x1080 will get upscaled by the skin?
nope. the skin will display all fanart at 1280x720

stokedfish Wrote:2. the skin itself will get upscaled by xbmc? huh?

yes, you can select the resolution xbmc will run at in : Settings > Appearance > Screen > Resolution

of course, you'll have to be running X at 1920x1080 too.

stokedfish Wrote:will it look shitty
Transparency! will never look shitty!

stokedfish Wrote:or won't I note a difference?
compared to a 4:3 screen it will be a whole new experience. ;-)

stokedfish Wrote:will I get black bars or sth?
definitely not.

stokedfish Wrote:I don't get what you mean when you say "Transparency! is, like most skins, a 720p skin" ...
720p = 1280x720
there are currently no 1080p (=1920x1080) skins available for xbmc.

stokedfish Wrote:will it look distorted?
let's just say, you've got nothing to worry about!

stokedfish Wrote:Planning on buying this: http://digitec.ch/ProdukteDetails2.aspx?Reiter=Bilder&Artikel=158120

Cheap and got great reviews!

(219 Schweizer Franken = 206,448015 US-Dollar) Smile

HOLY CRAP!!! i think i need to get me one of those too!!!

ronie Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57144

looks awesome! love your work. I'm already happy with the skin (except music fanart support that could be better, but that's xbmc's fault) but looking forward to 2.0 of course. exciting!

btw, a small bug: (which prolly isn't skin related either)

in xbmc's playlist editor there are 2 options: files or library. files, however, does NOT show the files in file mode. it seems it shows exactly the same as library mode. weird. (file mode should be by ABC so "the upbeats" should not be shown under "u" ... no?)

also, an option to REMOVE a song from a playlist would be nice...funny that a playlist editor doesn't offer this. :confused2: oh, and also, thanks for help!

ronie Wrote:HOLY CRAP!!! i think i need to get me one of those too!!!

hmm, was that sarcasm or real? lol...I guess I'll order mine tomorrow! Smile

- ronie - 2009-08-30

stokedfish Wrote:btw, a small bug: (which prolly isn't skin related either)

in xbmc's playlist editor there are 2 options: files or library. files, however, does NOT show the files in file mode. it seems it shows exactly the same as library mode. weird. (file mode should be by ABC so "the upbeats" should not be shown under "b" ... no?)

although i've never used it, it's working just fine for me.
clicking 'Files' will list all my drives/folders and clicking 'library' will list all the library nodes, like 'albums' artists' genres' etc...

stokedfish Wrote:also, an option to REMOVE a song from a playlist would be nice...funny that a playlist editor doesn't offer this. :confused2: oh, and also, thanks for help!

if you navigate to the right pane (current playlist), and bring up the context menu on one of the items, there will be a 'remove' option. ;-)

stokedfish Wrote:hmm, was that sarcasm or real? lol...I guess I'll order mine tomorrow! Smile

sarcasm? me? not this time. ;-)
it's pretty cheap....and i would love to have a 16:9 monitor, but since i already have a 22" inch widescreen (16:10) i think i should go for something a bit bigger than i already have, when i decide to replace it.

ronie Wrote:although i've never used it, it's working just fine for me.
clicking 'Files' will list all my drives/folders and clicking 'library' will list all the library nodes, like 'albums' artists' genres' etc...

Well, same here. But you'd expect to see your files in file mode the same way as in every other file browser. The alphabet, you know. XBMC, however, skips the "The" for folders such as "The Flashbulb", which is listed as "Flashbulb". Maybe this should be a feature but it sure isn't what the average Joe expects when he wants to browse files in file mode...no big deal, but a lil' incosistent.

ronie Wrote:...and bring up the context menu on one of the items, there will be a 'remove' option.

I'm navigating XBMC with a mouse and a keyboard (till my asrock and stuff arrives) and when I right-click on a song in "current playlist" no remove option appears. actually, nothing happens at all...