Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

- ronie - 2009-07-25

thonton Wrote:thanks for your great skin.

small bug: in Movie Libary Mode, "Edit Title" does not apear.
It gets maybe loaded, but not in foreground.

you mean the 'edit title' button in the context menu ?
if that one is missing, then it's most likely an issue outside the skin.
skins can't control what's being listed there.

if it's something else, let me now and i'll look into it. :-)

- ronie - 2009-07-25

z][ggy;375600 Wrote:fair enough but is there still a way to turn it off so it does not cover the fanart Wink ?

of course ;-)
open ViewsSlide.xml, do a seach for System.IdleTime and change the entire line from:
[HTML]<visible>Control.IsVisible(596) + !Window.IsVisible(videofiles) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb) + System.IdleTime(2)</visible>[/HTML]
to:
[HTML]<visible>false</visible>[/HTML]

- z][ggy - 2009-07-25

ronie Wrote:of course ;-)
open ViewsSlide.xml, do a seach for System.IdleTime and change the entire line from:
[HTML]<visible>Control.IsVisible(596) + !Window.IsVisible(videofiles) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb) + System.IdleTime(2)</visible>[/HTML]
to:
[HTML]<visible>false</visible>[/HTML]

Cheers ronie btw slide view is awsome Smile

- aaronjb - 2009-07-25

Fantastic stuff ronie - Transparency! just made a quantum leap forward IMHO, in terms of looks Smile Now it really looks like it's own skin, with all it's PM3.HD heritage shuffled away to the background where it belongs.. if you see what I mean.

Just one thing - I was using 0.27 previously which worked flawlessly, but since switching to v1.00 XBMC has hard locked on me a couple of times when returning to the home screen. In fact, it did it the very first time I launched XBMC, and has done it once or twice since - sadly neither time has left anything interesting logged in the xbmc.log, and I haven't been able to reproduce it with debug logging enabled Sad

Actually I'm not sure XBMC has locked, but it's stopped responding to keypresses (remote or keyboard) and stopped updating the screen (the clock stops) - but it's using 0% CPU.

Very strange..

I'm going to try a newer build of XBMC (I'm still using r21138 from Jun 19th) in case it's that, and if all else fails I'll nuke my guisettings.xml (nooo *cries* ) and see if that cures it, in case it's a holdover from 0.27..

I wonder if it's a problem specific to the Mac? Maybe even to the Intel GMA chipset in my Mini - I'll give it a bash on my NVidia MBP as well, just in case.

Oh yes - one last thing Smile Not a usability thing and probably personal taste, but.. I find the switch from the pristine clean 'Movies' background to the post-apocalyptic desolation of the 'TV Shows' background a little jarring. Don't get me wrong, I like both, I just feel like a consistent 'theme' would work better from an aesthetic point of view.

Not that I'm particularly qualified to speak on that level Smile

Thanks for all your work!

- thonton - 2009-07-26

ronie Wrote:you mean the 'edit title' button in the context menu ?
if that one is missing, then it's most likely an issue outside the skin.
skins can't control what's being listed there.

if it's something else, let me now and i'll look into it. :-)

no, the context menu entry is there, by pressing it the dialog for editing does not apear.

- Nate Dogg III - 2009-07-26

ronie Wrote:it should work both ways, on the info screen and on pause.
i don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with your workaround....

there's a small issue that the clearart is diplayed a bit too low on the screen, but it should be visible for the most part. there's a fix for it here:http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=375194&postcount=16

if it's one of those specific xbox issues, i wouldn't be able to tell you.
maybe an other xbox user can confirm.

oh, if you disable clearart, it should show an episode thumb instead, could you test that?

Nah it's not that it's too low, just not there Smile - but with clearart turned off, the episode thumb shows when paused in the bottom right of the screen.

- ronie - 2009-07-26

thonton Wrote:no, the context menu entry is there, by pressing it the dialog for editing does not apear.

ok, could you check if restarting xbmc fixes the issue ?
on my end the edit title dialog works fine...

- lipo - 2009-07-26

love the new icon n background especially setting backgroundLaugh
im using T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142
i noticed it take a second to load background image on each menu. it doesnt happen on 0.27 ver

- ronie - 2009-07-26

Nate Dogg III Wrote:Nah it's not that it's too low, just not there Smile - but with clearart turned off, the episode thumb shows when paused in the bottom right of the screen.

cheers, i think i've found it.
Open DialogSeekbar.xml and do a search for clearart.png
a few lines above you'll see <control type ="image">
change it to <control type ="largeimage">

the image control won't load images directly from smb drives, the largeimage control will.

- ronie - 2009-07-26

lipo Wrote:love the new icon n background especially setting backgroundLaugh
im using T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142
i noticed it take a second to load background image on each menu. it doesnt happen on 0.27 ver

the background images for the home menu items ?
the only difference with v0.27 is i used less jpeg compression, so the files will be a bit bigger.

all backgrounds are in Skin/Transparency!/images/backgrounds, you can compress them a bit more or scale them down, to see if they'll load faster in the skin.

- lipo - 2009-07-26

i already resize it to 960x540, but it still happen
its no big dealSmilei think its xbox memory issueSmile

- Nate Dogg III - 2009-07-26

ronie Wrote:cheers, i think i've found it.
Open DialogSeekbar.xml and do a search for clearart.png
a few lines above you'll see <control type ="image">
change it to <control type ="largeimage">

the image control won't load images directly from smb drives, the largeimage control will.

Success! Thanks for the help.

- costa - 2009-07-26

Hi Ronie ..

Thanks for the great skin, I have few problems with it ,

1- I don't see any background in any section at all. Only black screen with menu buttons. I have the images folder in transparency folder under skin directory in xbmc folder.

2- No thumbnails at all when I use (Files mode) in movies or videos.

3 - Mouse is not working in (slide) , works fine in other views.

4- When I click video button it directs me to movies !
and I can't find "Add source" option under videos menu.

I hope u can help me

I use 1080 resolution in my pc.
I have vista

Kind regards.

- nicoli_k - 2009-07-26

@ costa: what version of XBMC do you have? try updating it to something more recent. it sounds like you've got an old version that isn't compatible with Transparency. You need something more recent than the stable builds for it to work.

- ronie - 2009-07-26

costa Wrote:3 - Mouse is not working in (slide) , works fine in other views.

thanx, this is also affecting the new polaroid view for pictures.
i'll post a fix asap.