Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

- ronie - 2009-07-28

The-Boxhead Wrote:Great work Ronnie !

small question
when i play music the wallpaper on my homescreen
gets replaced with the currently playing album art - scaled to fit
the entire homepage. Dont know if this is a bug, but i cant find
out how to disable that function- been searching trough xml files and skin settings but cant find anything.

Skin Settings > General > Use fanart instead of visualisation

Normally you'll see the visualisation on the homepage when playing audio.
If the above setting is enabled (and the path to your music collection is entered below) it will show the fanart of the currently playing artist instead.
The skin does this by loading the fanart.jpg image from the artist folder.

If i understand you correctly, you're seeing the album cover fullscreen instead ?

- ronie - 2009-07-28

Burncycle Wrote:Congrats Ronnie! The skin looks really nice. Let me know if you ever need any more design help. Nod

Thanx again Burncycle, you've been a big help!
And thanx for the offer, i'm not the person who likes to ask others for help, so let's turn it around....if you (ever) feel like redesigning some parts of the skin, just PM me with whatever you can come up with. ;-)

- xyber - 2009-07-28

Love this skin, been my favourite since I strated using XBMC.
Thanks for the great update.

- eriksmith200 - 2009-07-28

great looking skin! one question though: can the cd/dvd cover be switched off?

- yadster - 2009-07-28

Fantastic skin, works really well on the ol' xbox. Is it possible to have the weather info to show on the home screen permantley regardless of wether you are on the weather page or not? I really like the 'newly added' option for movies and tv but it causes a slight pause on the xbox, hopefully when I get my HTPC built it won't be a problem. Look forward to seeing what else you do to this great skin.

- ronie - 2009-07-28

yadster Wrote:Fantastic skin, works really well on the ol' xbox. Is it possible to have the weather info to show on the home screen permantley regardless of wether you are on the weather page or not? I really like the 'newly added' option for movies and tv but it causes a slight pause on the xbox, hopefully when I get my HTPC built it won't be a problem. Look forward to seeing what else you do to this great skin.

there's no setting for it, but if you edit Home.xml and change:
[HTML]<visible>[Container(5040).HasFocus(10) | Container(5041).HasFocus(7)] + Weather.IsFetched + !Skin.HasSetting(homepageWeatherinfo)</visible>[/HTML]

to:
[HTML]<visible>Weather.IsFetched + !Skin.HasSetting(homepageWeatherinfo)</visible>[/HTML]

you'll get the desired behaviour. of course, you'll have to turn off the all 'recently added' and the 'show system info' options in skin settings or else they'll overlap.

- ronie - 2009-07-28

eriksmith200 Wrote:great looking skin! one question though: can the cd/dvd cover be switched off?

sorry, it's just way too much work (and code) to make those optional.
it's not a simple matter of switching the cases off, but also the case shadow and the case reflection that are used in some views.
next you'll also have to reposition the cd and dvd covers in several views as they'll look out of place without a case.

.SVN Build - Moseby99 - 2009-07-29

[MOD edit: please don't quote the entire frontpage ;-)]

Ronie, Can I get a link to the .svn build for 1.00?

- The-Boxhead - 2009-07-29

ronie Wrote:Skin Settings > General > Use fanart instead of visualisation

Normally you'll see the visualisation on the homepage when playing audio.
If the above setting is enabled (and the path to your music collection is entered below) it will show the fanart of the currently playing artist instead.
The skin does this by loading the fanart.jpg image from the artist folder.

If i understand you correctly, you're seeing the album cover fullscreen instead ?

Yes i see the album cover in fullscreen Wink
Do you know where in xml to controll this behavior im moddingWink

- ronie - 2009-07-29

The-Boxhead Wrote:Yes i see the album cover in fullscreen Wink
Do you know where in xml to controll this behavior im moddingWink

that shouldn't be possible....maybe somehow some of your album art ended up in the artist directory and is named fanart.jpg ??

anyway here's the relevant section from Home.xml:
[HTML]
<control type="largeimage">
<description>dirty hack for showing fanart instead of visualisation</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<texture background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[musicplayer.artist]/fanart.jpg</texture>
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
<fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
<visible>Player.HasAudio + Skin.HasSetting(FanartNoVisualisation)</visible>
</control>[/HTML]

let me know what you find out.

- ronie - 2009-07-29

Moseby99 Wrote:Ronie, Can I get a link to the .svn build for 1.00?

Transparency! is only available on the xbmc-xbox-skins svn at the moment.
This version is only for xbox users who are concerned about memory usage...
All of the backgrounds have been scaled down.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-xbox-skins/source/browse/#svn/trunk/skin/Transparency!

- ronie - 2009-07-29

Update to V1.01

Download this file and unzip it to the 720p folder.
It will overwrite some files.

This will fix a number of issues that have been reported so far:
- fixed slide and polaroid view or now mouse compatible
- fixed configure audio hardware would take you to system settings
- fixed use stretch instead of scale for tv show banners
- fixed incorrect label for favourites in horizontal home menu
- fixed incorrect position of clearart/dvd/cd cover in dialogseekbar
- modified use 16x9 thumbs for musicvideos in media info view
- fixed failed loading of clearart from smb drives in dialogseekbar
- fixed recently added window would still show even though it was disabled

- nicoli_k - 2009-07-29

I just updated to v1.01 and noticed that the dialog box pops up with the letter that you're scrolling past in a list is not sized correctly. If that didn't make any sense, here's a picture

I tried it in the movie section and video plugin section and it occurs both places.

- rudeboyx - 2009-07-29

Ronie, could you please clarify how to use the clearart. iv enabled it and made a folder on my xbox with my cleararts labled the same as the TV Shows in png format, iv also got a clearart.png in all my TV Show folders over smb, but it dosent seem to pick them up from either. im using a pretty recent xbmc - build 21866 25/7/09, and the new 1.01 version of Transparency! Am i doing something wrong?

Also the new version seems a little less stable on the xbox. from boot if i go into tv shows and start an episode, then stop it and back out and go into settings, the backgrounds dont show and if i select skin settings - non of the settings appear in the middle of the screen (Fonts). also when you go to shutdown, the set options for the shutdown bar are different. Seems to be some memory problem so not much you can do, only it didnt happen in v1.

Sorry.... - Moseby99 - 2009-07-29

ronie Wrote:Transparency! is only available on the xbmc-xbox-skins svn at the moment.
This version is only for xbox users who are concerned about memory usage...
All of the backgrounds have been scaled down.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-xbox-skins/source/browse/#svn/trunk/skin/Transparency!

I meant I would like the link to the Xbox un-compiled version...... I want to play with a couple of the graphics files in the media directory. Namely the xbox-logo.png file. I have changed the colors from white to a blue color... I can't compile it without the un-compiled media files.