Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- v0lrath - 2009-12-27

As mccorkled has not indicated that he wants to use my MPAA ratings in his packs, I figured I'd post an update here: the video files are ready! Quality isn't perfect, but each one is only ~300kB and should be good enough for most. Later I will figure out how to create near-lossless video.

Link is in my signature.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-27

v0lrath, the program i was talking about is photolapse.

free download, no install. but it only takes .jpg. you also need one image per video frame. i don't know if photoshop has a batch command to save a file 300 times (10sec/30fps), but i wrote a python script to handle that.

i did a couple videos with the default codec in win 7. i think cinepak. quality looks good. file size for 1080p was 26MB Smile, i tried getting xvid, but i get errors trying to use it with photolapse. it worked once, but not anymore.

http://home.hccnet.nl/s.vd.palen/

- timdog82001 - 2009-12-27

I haven't seen this requested so far....But if the music playlist for the trivia show could be automatically randomized for playback that would be nice. I could have sworn it used to do that, but it certainly isn't now.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-27

v0lrath- your videos are only 300k because they are not 1080p. also you dont need to create a lossless video unless they have sound.

lossless has to do with sound quality and what the human ear can/cannot hear.

- v0lrath - 2009-12-27

mccorkled Wrote:v0lrath- your videos are only 300k because they are not 1080p. also you dont need to create a lossless video unless they have sound.

lossless has to do with sound quality and what the human ear can/cannot hear.

Lossless can apply to anything, but using raw avi would be silly, hence near-lossless. And I used the 1080p export option in windows movie maker, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't really do it. I have only watched them on my laptop briefly.

EDIT: Just checked in XBMC. The videos are indeed 1080p. Why do you say they aren't? If you are referring to the images I uploaded before, they are 1600x900 because tinypic resized them. As for the videos, they are only fuzzy because of the compression used, but they are still 1080p sourced from 1080p images. Either way, I'm going to remake them so they look good.

EDIT2: Nuka, that software worked great! I output to RAW AVI and converted to x264 (mkv) - it looks perfect and with the x264 compression technology the first video is only 127kB!

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-27

nice, what did you use to convert to x264?

- v0lrath - 2009-12-27

Nuka1195 Wrote:nice, what did you use to convert to x264?

Handbrake does a good job. Just set the quality to 100%, it doesn't affect the filesize much with these still image videos anyway. I think 10 seconds is too long. Maybe 7 is better?

EDIT: MKV videos uploaded. Check them out in my signature.

- timdog82001 - 2009-12-28

I'm having some trouble figuring out the slideshow portion of the script. Everything else seems to work perfectly. I'm running on Windows 7 with the Camelot repack of XBMC, r26017 according to system info, and the most recent available version of the script available via the SVN Repo Installer as of today, December 27, 2009. I have had this problem on XBMC rc1 also (the only other version in which I have tried this script), and have tried deleting the script and script data and reinstalling the script which also solved nothing.

I read through this entire thread looking for insight but found little. I'm not entirely clear on where exactly the slides.xml file should go? I figured out eventually its supposed to go in the folder with the slides, but where exactly? Do all slides need to be in one folder (no subfolders), with one slides.xml? Or can you have all slides split up into various folders, each with their individual slides.xml files? I have tried both, and neither seems to work.

My folder structure looks like this: C:\Users\Tim\XBMC Stuff\Home Theater Stuff\Trivia Slides\TEST\Scrambled

The "Scrambled" folder contains images named "Q1q.jpg" "Q1c.jpg" "Q1a.jpg" "Q2q.jpg" and so on, all images in sets of three with a question, clue and answer. I placed a slides.xml file in both the "Scrambled" folder and in the "Test" folder, and tried setting the trivia images path in settings to both those folders, and both situations resulted in a "script failed" dialog popping up. My slides.xml files look like this:

Code:
<slides>
    <slide>
        <question format="q[0-9]+q.jpg" />
        <clue format="q[0-9]+c.jpg" />
        <answer format="q[0-9]+a.jpg" />
    </slide>
</slides>

Removing the slides.xml files and setting the trivia image path to the "Scrambled" folder makes the script work, but of course the images all display completely randomly and not in groupings.

Anyway, am I doing something wrong here? Insight from anybody would be helpful.

Here's a debug log of when I tried the script with the trivia folder set to "Test": http://pastebin.ca/1728836

...And here's one with the trivia folder set to "Scrambled": http://pastebin.ca/1728837

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-28

you didn't read the whole thread.

i have said different slide types need to be in there own folders, more than once. q&a folders need the slides.xml file.

if your images are on a local folder in windows, there was a bug where recursive scanning didn't work, or does it for you? it didn't here.

so put the slides.xml in the folder where the q&a slides are and keep each type separate.

Nuka1195 Wrote:you didn't read the whole thread.

i have said different slide types need to be in there own folders, more than once. q&a folders need the slides.xml file.

if your images are on a local folder in windows, there was a bug where recursive scanning didn't work, or does it for you? it didn't here.

so put the slides.xml in the folder where the q&a slides are and keep each type separate.

That's what I did. I have only one type of slide in that "Scrambled" folder, and there is a slides.xml file in that folder as I mentioned in my previous post. Currently, the "Scrambled" folder is the only folder in the "TEST" folder, for testing purposes - trying to keep things simple until I can get it working. And I must apologize, I admit I didn't read back through every single post of the whole thread, but I did search for the word "slide" on each page of the thread and read every post that included the word, and also read every post of the first and last 5 pages or so. In retrospect, I probably could have expanded that and also searched for the words trivia, image, picture, etc. Regardless, to reduce questions in the future, it may be helpful to mention explicitly in the initial post where the slides.xml file goes?

And yes it's a local folder and recursive scanning does not seem to work. Perhaps I should just wait until you release the update and see if your fix for that fixes my problems..

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-28

a little busy to update the first post. if you want to write something that explains it better. that you would understand. that would be helpful.

i'll probably commit the unfinished version later tonight, since it fixes some bugs also.

No problem, I almost suggested that earlier. How about changing:

* slides.xml format (all format fields are required, use something not in your filenames for formats not required eg( "N/A" ), without a slides.xml, each image file is added as a question, slides.xml uses regex):

to

* Be sure to separate out your slides of different group types (e.g., question and answer, or question, clue and answer) or naming conventions (e.g., Q1a.jpg and Q1b.jpg VS. Q1q.jpg and Q1a.jpg) into separate subfolders and add a slides.xml to each of these subfolders. The slides.xml format is as shown below (all format fields are required; use something not in your filenames for formats not required eg ( "N/A" ); without a slides.xml, each image file is added as a question; slides.xml uses regex):

Feel free to condense if you feel it's too wordy...I have a rather obvious tendency to write too much.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-28

added. nicely worded.

i'm not the english major in the family. in case anybody wondered.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-28

Quote:
[Home Theater Experience]

-changed: version -> 1.5
-fixed: local trailer scraper would not scan recursively on windows os's
-fixed: trivia now properly shuffles slides (mixing stills and q&a's together, still must keep them in separate folders and q&a's require a slides.xml)
-added: mark slides as watched for new setting. only view unwatched slides (same as videos)
-added: HTE intro/outro videos
-added: coming attractions outro videos
-added: dolby/dts videos, based on movies audio straem
-changed: HTE now clears and queues the video you have highlighted in library(works in other video windows also)
-changed: english language strings

some settings you'll see are not enabled yet. also i highly recommend you delete your userdata/script_data/HTE/settings.xml file as i've changed some names

this is considered a beta. so before you post any bugs, read this thread after this post to see if it's a known issue.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-28

It seems like hte intro outro videos and coming attraction outro are the same. Can you explain he difference?