Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-30

just you

- timdog82001 - 2009-12-30

question...if we don't include a slides.xml file in a folder, will the script assume that all slides contained within are G rated?

- kiliksun - 2009-12-30

Nuka1195 Wrote:just you

read your earlier comment, problem fixed. thanks

laziness kills.

- Juanflaco - 2009-12-30

timdog82001 Wrote:question...if we don't include a slides.xml file in a folder, will the script assume that all slides contained within are G rated?
Nuka can clarify, but my experience has been that slides in a folder with no slides.xml are played without consideration of rating, and are mixed into the slideshow randomly.

I did a little testing this afternoon and am really pleased with how the slideshow is functioning. I have several folders of still slides (with no slides.xml) and nearly a dozen folders of Q&A slides, each of these folders having their own slides.xml specifying the rating and the naming convention for slides within that folder.

I haven't tested the rating functionality, but I can confirm that for me the Q&A slides are always appearing properly paired, and I'm seeing random single slides mixed in exactly as I had hoped.

For now I've set rating="N/A" in all my slides.xml, which seemed to require a value. The rating will be really handy for the kids to ensure they receive trivia questions they'd find interesting and would be able to answer - but I'll still need to exclude inappropriate single slides. Since I have all subfolders named by theme it will be easy enough to move the inappropriate single slides out of the trivia path.

Here's a mockup of my folder structure for those unsure how to organize and mix Q&A pairs with still slides...

- mccorkled - 2009-12-30

sweet. thanks for that image. that helps me a lot

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-30

kiliksun, Smile good. i will up a fix shortly

juanflaco, sounds right. no slides.xml, folder is included. if no rating in slides.xml folder is included.

you can place a slides.xml in a root folder with a rating, so it could be used to exclude/include a whole set of folders.(untested)

still_slides
----adult_trivia
----slides.xml (rating = NC-17)
---------Slasher_movie_trivia
---------War_movie_trivia

the above, the slides.xml with a rivia_rating of PG would exclude slaher and war. at least it's suppose to.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-30

Quote:
[Home Theater Experience]

-changed: version -> 1.5.1b
-fixed: videos would not play if Dolby/DTS Folder was not set
-changed: better thumbnail support for auto generated thumbs

*see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55628

there is a bug in xbmc for plugin settings, you can't reset paths to default. so if it causes issues having dolby/dts folder set. you will need to delete your settings.xml in userdata.

- Juanflaco - 2009-12-30

Nuka1195 Wrote:kiliksun, Smile good. i will up a fix shortly

juanflaco, sounds right. no slides.xml, folder is included. if no rating in slides.xml folder is included.

you can place a slides.xml in a root folder with a rating, so it could be used to exclude/include a whole set of folders.(untested)

still_slides
----adult_trivia
----slides.xml (rating = NC-17)
---------Slasher_movie_trivia
---------War_movie_trivia

the above, the slides.xml with a rivia_rating of PG would exclude slaher and war. at least it's suppose to.
Thanks, that makes sense. It didn't occur to me to use slides.XML with N/A for question, clue, and answer to filter single slides by rating. Will try it out!

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-30

if the slides.xml is going in the folder with the slides. you may need a question regex like "\.jpg" or something that matches all slides

- stoli - 2009-12-30

Thanks for the 1.5.1b update Nuka, works perfect again!

- v0lrath - 2009-12-31

1.5.1b is solid. Are the ratins videos supposed to work yet? They don't for me.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-12-31

yes, they work here. what are your ratings in the db

- TheDoughboy - 2009-12-31

WOO HOO!

This is exactly what I wanted for XBMC. I tested it out last night and it brought me back to my younger years.

THANK YOU! Big Grin

- ijourneaux - 2009-12-31

I just installed the update. for some reason, when I launch the scrpit frpm the Transparency skin, it plays the number of trailers I have configred, then my MOvie intro but instead of playing the movie I have slected, it plays the movie listed immediately after the movie I selected. Do I have an error in my script configuration?

- ijourneaux - 2009-12-31

I am not sure I understand how to take advantage of the Dolby/DTS folder. Do you just copy a video to that folder that plays in the movie is in Dolby/DTS.

Take care