Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-05

i don't know the best way. the folder structure would be faster, but then again how slow are new computers.

i looked at the xml file and about have aren't even rated. i do not include NR trailers. (i don't think)

edit: nfo files would allow me to fill in other info. director, studio, genre and filter on genre also

- Therms - 2010-01-06

Nuka1195 Wrote:i don't know the best way. the folder structure would be faster, but then again how slow are new computers.

i looked at the xml file and about have aren't even rated. i do not include NR trailers. (i don't think)

edit: nfo files would allow me to fill in other info. director, studio, genre and filter on genre also

I'll just build an nfo file for each trailer and we'll see if it ends up being a speed problem.

Problem with the script - kurnalbert - 2010-01-06

Hi, I am having a problem with getting this script working.

It was all working fine for me for a while. Recently I updated my skin to Rapier 3.0. At the same time, I updated to a newer version of the HTE script in the SVN. Now when I try to use the script, it will not play any trailers or my feature movie when I queue the film then go to the script.

I then tried going back to my previous skin which had a button on the movie info screen which worked perfectly before. Now it pops up the dialog for loading trailers but will just go straight into the movie instead.

I tried deleting my user data folder and trying it again using the default skin and still would not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the script and AMT lite plugin twice and cannot work out why it is not working.

I am on OSX 10.6 and have tried both the current stable build and SVN build 26422 and it still does not work on either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, sorry for the long rambling post but I have tried everything I can think of to no avail.

Thanks a lot.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-06

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movieinfo>
    <title>2012</title>
    <runtime>2:49</runtime>
    <rating>Not yet rated</rating>
    <studio>Sony Pictures</studio>
    <releasedate>November 13, 2009</releasedate>
    <director>Roland Emmerich</director>
    <description>Never before has a date in history been so significant to so many cultures, so many religions, scientists, and governments. 2012 is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors.</description>
    <genre>Drama</genre>
    <cast>John Cusack / Chiwetel Ejiofor / Amanda Peet / Oliver Platt / Thandie Newton</cast>
</movieinfo>

that's the nfo file i create with AMT Lite. you can have more info, but use this format.

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-07

Sorry if this question is already answered in this thread - i searched but couldn't find it.

I use Apple Movie Trailers (latest) as the source for my trailers. However lately with the option set to "stream" trailers I have encountered a bit of buffering.

Changing the setting to "Download" seems to sort it out nicely. With this setting, where are the trailers downloaded too? And are they automatically deleted after playing?

Thanks so much Smile

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-07

that's odd kilboy, as the download option isn't enabled.

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-07

haha, it must just have streamed better by chance that time then...

Thanks for clearing up the confusion anyway Smile

- mccorkled - 2010-01-07

Is there anyone that has this fully working for them that can PM me and help me organize my folders and things so that my package is ready to use with this script from the beginning without having to move stuff around. Im also trying to figure out what I need to edit to get the ratings vids working.

Made some major headway with my package and it will be ready SOON.

- kurnalbert - 2010-01-07

kurnalbert Wrote:Hi, I am having a problem with getting this script working.

It was all working fine for me for a while. Recently I updated my skin to Rapier 3.0. At the same time, I updated to a newer version of the HTE script in the SVN. Now when I try to use the script, it will not play any trailers or my feature movie when I queue the film then go to the script.

I then tried going back to my previous skin which had a button on the movie info screen which worked perfectly before. Now it pops up the dialog for loading trailers but will just go straight into the movie instead.

I tried deleting my user data folder and trying it again using the default skin and still would not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the script and AMT lite plugin twice and cannot work out why it is not working.

I am on OSX 10.6 and have tried both the current stable build and SVN build 26422 and it still does not work on either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, sorry for the long rambling post but I have tried everything I can think of to no avail.

Thanks a lot.

Anybody have any suggestions? I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work now.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-07

yeah, read this thread and the stickies to learn how to supply helpful info.

i really get annoyed repeating myself for people who sign up and don't take the least bit of effort to read. i know you didn't bother reading also or you would know what i need to help. either learn or don't bother posting.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-07

1. Quote:
    1. 13:53:39 T:2968109056 M:2017402880 NOTICE: Movie:
    2. 13:53:39 T:2968109056 M:2017402880 NOTICE: Genre:
    3. 13:53:39 T:2968109056 M:2017402880 NOTICE: MPAA:
    4. 13:53:39 T:2968109056 M:2017402880 NOTICE: Audio:
    5. 13:53:39 T:2968109056 M:2017402880 NOTICE: Audio path: /Users/Sam/Documents/HTE Stuff/Other/
kurnalburt, post a link to your log in here next time. looks like it can't find your movie in the library, what are your settings set to for trailers and rating.

- kurnalbert - 2010-01-07

Nuka1195 Wrote:
kurnalburt, post a link to your log in here next time. looks like it can't find your movie in the library, what are your settings set to for trailers and rating.
I have now tried toggling the option of only play movies of the same genre to disabled and after doing that the trailers now work fine. However the movie still won't play. When using the button I made in the skin, it starts to play the movie then quits it and begins the trailers, which it has always done but at the end won't start playing the movie.

When I queue the file then go to the scripts section and run it manually, it also won't play the movie at the end of the trailers.

- drtechnolust - 2010-01-07

Is there a video tutorial on how to get this plugin plus all the extras to work in general. I have had an overwhelming hard time getting this work. Even a proper walk through on what files are needed and where they go on harddrive just to get the understanding of the basics of this plugin will help alot of users.

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-07

Here's an updated file / folder map, but I've been unable to test everything because my theater is apart at the moment while I'm doing some remodeling in there.

Link to large version.

I haven't tested the following, can anyone please confirm?

1. Rating folder: contains files R.avi, PG.avi, PG-13.avi, etc. Files can be any playable format, but must have an .avi extension.

2. Slides.xml in the "_Exclude" directories have "N/A" for all values. This will not match any slides, so these directories can be used to manually exclude any slides you don't want shown during a particular screening, regardless of rating. Useful if you want a themed slideshow (ie. play all Harry Potter trivia before a HP film by dropping everything except Harry Potter slides into the "_Exclude" directories.) I'm not sure of the behavior here; if you have a slides.xml with all "N/A" values in a parent directory, but you drop in sub-folders which have slides.xml files which do return results, will the content of those sub-folders be displayed?

Sorry I can't test these particular components at the moment, but hope the diagram is useful.

- drtechnolust - 2010-01-07

Juanflaco Wrote:Here's an updated file / folder map, but I've been unable to test everything because my theater is apart at the moment while I'm doing some remodeling in there.

Sorry I can't test these particular components at the moment, but hope the diagram is useful.

Thanks Juan for posting this is much help. Do you know of anyone that has a pack already for this plugin. A pack that has slides, intros, etc. and properly structured or a pack that has most of everything I need to get started. It seems that I have to hunt from several websites for content just to get the basics.