Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-07

drtechnolust Wrote:Thanks Juan for posting this is much help. Do you know of anyone that has a pack already for this plugin. A pack that has slides, intros, etc. and properly structured or a pack that has most of everything I need to get started. It seems that I have to hunt from several websites for content just to get the basics.

There are a few good sources for material:

1. A guy over at AVS Forum is selling DVDs for $7 (which is really only the cost of the blank DVD + Shipping) which comes with something in excess of 1,300 themed Q&A slides, still images, movie quotes and taglines, etc.

2. McCorckled is working on a Mega Pack which will include snack bar ads, ratings clips, Dolby/DTS/THX intro videos, and some trivia slides as well (McCorckled, any additional info on what these trivia slides are?)

3. At a few points throughout this thread other users have created trivia slides and ratings videos, and offered them up; read the entire thread for helpful usage tips, as well as this user-created material.

Of course once you get it all you'll still need to arrange your content and create slides.xml files depending on your personal usage preferences, which is why I provided my folder structure as an example.

Quick side note: for anyone ordering the AVS slides, please read the creator's first post (linked above) and respect his wishes regarding purchase and distribution of his work. He's been selling them without any problems for years and has welcomed us XBMC folks; let's make a good impression.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-07

Quote:
2. Slides.xml in the "_Exclude" directories have "N/A" for all values. This will not match any slides, so these directories can be used to manually exclude any slides you don't want shown during a particular screening, regardless of rating. Useful if you want a themed slideshow (ie. play all Harry Potter trivia before a HP film by dropping everything except Harry Potter slides into the "_Exclude" directories.) I'm not sure of the behavior here; if you have a slides.xml with all "N/A" values in a parent directory, but you drop in sub-folders which have slides.xml files which do return results, will the content of those sub-folders be displayed?

having to manually move stuff isn't good. how about a genre or theme based filter. you would still have to enable it in settings, but it would be easier. and you could give it more than one theme/genre.

eg <slide rating="PG" genre="Adventure / Science Fiction" theme="Harry Potter / Harry Potter: SS...">

then settings would have limiy ss by genre and limit slideshow by theme.

theme could be based on title of movie, so you would need to have a theme entry to include all HP movies for instance.

also genre could be a keyword like "$ANY$" to include for any genre
any thoughts

- mccorkled - 2010-01-08

drtechnolust Wrote:Thanks Juan for posting this is much help. Do you know of anyone that has a pack already for this plugin. A pack that has slides, intros, etc. and properly structured or a pack that has most of everything I need to get started. It seems that I have to hunt from several websites for content just to get the basics.

I am working diligently to get my pack released. I only need to figure a way to convert .vob into .avi without audio loss. Also convert AVCHD 7.1 into .mkv without audio loss.

Ive tried like 20 different programs and nothing yet. I HAVE got the HD 5.1 files converted to .mkv and ready for the pack.

- User 56649 - 2010-01-08

quick question, are animations in slides working/possible? things like the text sliding in fading etc.

edit:

I thought about this for a second and realized a better question would be does HTE support slide files created by powerpoint? which i am assuming is no (mines not full operational atm so i can not test) if no is that something thats even remotely possible?

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-08

Nuka1195 Wrote:having to manually move stuff isn't good. how about a genre or theme based filter. you would still have to enable it in settings, but it would be easier. and you could give it more than one theme/genre.

eg <slide rating="PG" genre="Adventure / Science Fiction" theme="Harry Potter / Harry Potter: SS...">

then settings would have limiy ss by genre and limit slideshow by theme.

theme could be based on title of movie, so you would need to have a theme entry to include all HP movies for instance.

also genre could be a keyword like "$ANY$" to include for any genre
any thoughts
Wow. That would be awesome. Having two tiers (genre & theme) would allow a lot of control. For a Star Trek movie you could show all science fiction slides, or more specifically only show Trek slides.

- kurnalbert - 2010-01-08

Sorry to be a pain but I'm still having a problem with the script.

When I try to run it with any film in my library, it will play the random trailers, plays the Dolby video and then stops before playing the main film.

The films will play normally when I select them through XBMC so it just seems the script is stopping before it gets to the film.

My log is here: http://pastebin.com/m30a0bdb8

The trailers would only start working once I deselected the option for only playing trailers with the same genre and rating.

Any suggestions on what I could do to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :o

- drtechnolust - 2010-01-08

mccorkled Wrote:I am working diligently to get my pack released. I only need to figure a way to convert .vob into .avi without audio loss. Also convert AVCHD 7.1 into .mkv without audio loss.

Ive tried like 20 different programs and nothing yet. I HAVE got the HD 5.1 files converted to .mkv and ready for the pack.

Sometimes renaming the .vob to .avi will work. Example DTS.VOB TO DTS.AVI

AVCHD 7.1 Not sure but possibly Sony Vegas may work...

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-08

kurnalburt the movie isn't being queued by the looks of the log. try running in another skin. transperency supports this.

it looks like your playing the movie before running the script. so might be a skin issue.

mccorkled why do you need to convert to avi?

- Shuey - 2010-01-08

I've been playing around with the script and it's true Nuka goodness as usual.

One thing I'm really wondering is: The script has what appears to be some predetermined settings that can be configured, but I'm wondering if I can create my own set of parameters; essentially configure the script to run through several items of my choosing in the order I prefer all using a modded xml file, similar to the way we can override the movie scrapers by using local nfo files?

I'd like to do something like this, with all my own choices and let it run through without any time limits (ex: 10 minutes for trivia slides - I'd like to just play a couple and let it move on to the next item in queue):

browse movie list
play trailer if necessary (to determine which movie to watch)
start htes
begin elevator music and slides
trivia 1
movie moment
trivia 2
snack
funny turn off your cellphone short video
1 trailer
now for our feature presentation short video
hd dolby sound short video
play movie
outro video

Thanks Nuka, you rock man!

- mccorkled - 2010-01-08

"mccorkled why do you need to convert to avi? "

because .vob is like 30 megs. .avi is 10.

What Shuey suggested sounds good but it would suck to change the script now. It would be convenient to have like #1-15 and each one has the option of being a slide show, or random videos. That way you can place things in the order you want them more specifically. I dont know much about coding python though.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-08

damn, i have a lot of time in the settings, but that doesn't sound bad. 15 sound like a lot especially if the choice is 5 random videos. that covers a lot.

the thing is you can't mix and match slides and videos. unless the script continues to run. which i don't really want.

hmm, i'll think about it. it would be a lot more flexible.

- mccorkled - 2010-01-08

Yeah 15 was a high number. Maybe make trivia slides be the very first thing that can either be on or off. Then the rest of the options can be set from 1 video to 5 or so random videos. Maybe even make it so we can type in a short description, ie "ratings" or "old style clips"

just some ideas.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-08

i don't know if this is going to be possible, so unless you have a good idea on how to code this no +1 or anything. the settings themselves will be a nightmare. then mixing trivia slideshow anywhere(which i want a trivia intro). then not having the ability to limit the choices. so you could have more than one feature presentation video.

but i still like the idea. and 15 may not be too many. i used all 10 as i thought i would want it.

- mccorkled - 2010-01-08

hell yeah man. that looks awesome. EXACTLY like I was picturing it. This way it will be 100% customizable. Wish I could be a part of the coding. heh.

- timdog82001 - 2010-01-08

As another option if you were to try to expand flexibility in this way (maybe it would avoid redoing a lot of code, i dunno, but trying to help) maybe you could leave the settings more or less as is, but have a file like playforder.xml or something, which could have something along the lines of

Code:
<playorder>
  <triviaintro>1</triviaintro>
  <triviaslides>2</triviaslides
  <triviaoutro>3</trivaoutro>
  <theaterintro>5</theaterintro>
  <policytrailer>7</policytrailer>
  <trailers>6</trailers>
  <dolbydts>4</dolbydts>
</playorder>

...etc, you get the idea. The numbers represent their order in the queue. You could maybe mention that trivia slides can't be higher than number 3 or so. Or, just leave the trivia slides and trivia intro out of the order list and make them first no matter what. Just an idea, I don't know if it helps. I suppose that alternatively you could just have another setting in the GUI that does the same thing. A list of 10 or whatever number of slots and for each one you choose the video type (trailer, feature intro, theater intro, etc) you want to play in that slot.

EDIT: err, nevermind. Apparently you had the same idea. You uploaded that pic while i was typing this.