Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- drtechnolust - 2010-01-13

Dude I luv this plugin and assistance you guys gave and work you put in to make this possible .. Nuka you kickass, juanflaco your flowchart, mccorkled megapack was what I needed to get this to work for me. I was seriously pulling my hair out on how to get this to work and finding content. If I had more hands I'll give you guy 3 thumbs up.. GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-14

Sorry for the slight OT, but I was just wondering if everybody is having problems getting smooth streaming of Apple trailers lately or if it's just me.

720p and up are basically unwatchable for me now...but used to be just fine until a week or 2 ago. Speedtest still shows my connection as plenty fast enough to handle it (>1.5mbps)

If it's not just me i'm really curious to know what the planned implementation of the "download trailers" option will be for the HTE script. If it were possible for one trailer to DL while the previous one is playing that would be amazing for example...

Thanks for all the hard work! Smile

- Shuey - 2010-01-14

kiboy6 Wrote:Sorry for the slight OT, but I was just wondering if everybody is having problems getting smooth streaming of Apple trailers lately or if it's just me.

720p and up are basically unwatchable for me now...but used to be just fine until a week or 2 ago. Speedtest still shows my connection as plenty fast enough to handle it (>1.5mbps)

If it's not just me i'm really curious to know what the planned implementation of the "download trailers" option will be for the HTE script. If it were possible for one trailer to DL while the previous one is playing that would be amazing for example...

I have the same problem, to the point that I don't even bother streaming the trailers anymore; I have downloaded a lot of them and have been playing them locally.

- Shuey - 2010-01-14

Nuka (and everyone who is interested): some constructive criticism/current limits on the script:

1. (in the first section/video choice) It can only play one file, unless I use a playlist, right? (m3u)

2. Trivia is limited to 10 minutes / I'd like to do trivia for the length of a 5 minute song I've selected, with the option to either make the slides 6 seconds long each, or force the software to be smart enough to play each slide evenly for the length of the song, depending on the number of slides; the more slides, the faster the transition, the less slides, the longer it takes to transition.

Because of this, I've been looking into the option of creating my own video made up of slides and music and just adding it as a video instead of using the trivia portion of the script; it currently gives me more freedom =\

- Therms - 2010-01-14

kiboy6 Wrote:Sorry for the slight OT, but I was just wondering if everybody is having problems getting smooth streaming of Apple trailers lately or if it's just me.

I posted a solution for this a few posts before yours. My Apple Trailer Downloader script can be set to run as a scheduled task in windows or a cron job in Linux.

It will download trailers at whatever resolution you desire, only download new trailers, only download trailers since a certain date, all sorts of stuff like that.

Then you just set HTE to use the local scraper instead of the Apple scraper.

- mccorkled - 2010-01-15

Steveb Wrote:Hi mccorkled, problem is your <mpaa /> tag is blank, your ratings info is in a tag called <certification>G</certification>, the script and the database is looking for MPAA.
<mpaa>G</mpaa>

So I need to edit each movies .nfo and add the tag <mpaa>G</mpaa>

yes?

Nuka1195 Wrote:mccorkled i said your database. but, just goto a movie in xbmc library that doesn't play a rating url and view movie information. what does the mpaa rating say.

It says "Rating: 8.50"

Sorry Nuka, Im not sure which DB your talking about

- timdog82001 - 2010-01-15

i'm guessing he just wanted you to upload the entire videos.db file (or whatever its called, i forget) for download

- Shuey - 2010-01-15

Nuka, I have to say again: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This script rocks!

I'm currently using it like this:

I'm only using the "feature intro" portion of the script (the first item in the list on the settings for the script); I have it load a playlist file that I created with XBMC

*side note* The easiest way to create a playlist for this script is to go into your videos in XBMC, "que" all the items that you want in your pre-movie show, and then goto "Now Playing" (hit the context menu button in XBMC when you're viewing your videos list) and then "save" the queued items (this will be stored in a playlists folder in your userdata folder).

My playlist has videos that enable me to use the script to do this:

Musical Slideshow
Snack Video
Kung Fu Panda trailer
Zohan trailer
Turn off cell phones video
Dolby HD intro video
Custom Shuey's Theater video (using the blender templates mccorkle provided in his megapack)
--start movie--

I use Ashampoo Slideshow Studio HD to create the musical slideshow. This program is extremely easy to use and very flexible too. I'm using an audio track from John Williams (famous movie music producer) named "'Flying Theme' from from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1977)" along with a bunch of different slides I've collected so far. Total trivia time right now is the length of the song (almost 4 minutes).

Without this script, as far as I know, there is no other method that enables this (if there IS, it's not nearly as simple as using Nuka's script).

Thank you so much for your hard work Nuka!

- User 55003 - 2010-01-15

mccorkled Wrote:So I need to edit each movies .nfo and add the tag <mpaa>G</mpaa>

yes?

Each movies nfo mpaa tag should correspond to the movies classification,
Better to re-scrape your movie collection with a decent media manager.
Then update the movieDB (remove movie source and library info, then add the movie source back again, set content and rescan).

ps The <certification></certification> tag in your nfo's is useless, not used by XBMC.

EDIT: If you happen to use Ember, go to settings-Scraper Data and select the options tab, select use Certification language "USA" and make sure the "Use certification for MPAA" is NOT ticked. Then you can scrape/all movies/NFO only then update movieDB as above.
or switch to Media Companion Wink if you select USA in the movie scraper preferences it will populate the mpaa tag with G,PG,PG-13,R etc. much better in my opinion.

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-15

Therms Wrote:I posted a solution for this a few posts before yours. My Apple Trailer Downloader script can be set to run as a scheduled task in windows or a cron job in Linux.

It will download trailers at whatever resolution you desire, only download new trailers, only download trailers since a certain date, all sorts of stuff like that.

Then you just set HTE to use the local scraper instead of the Apple scraper.

Yes, thanks so much for that Smile

I had seen your script, and planned to get stuck into using it but only once I had established that the reason why apple's trailers were no longer streaming nicely wasn't down to some problem with my internet connection.

It's really frustrating - they used to stream flawlessly. Anyone have any insight into what's going on at Apple's end and if/when they'll get they're act together?

Anyway in light of the other situation I have a few Q's.

First for Nuka: If the apple streaming situ stays as it is, what are the trailer DL plans for the HTE script?

Second for Therms:

i) Is the rolling update feature working in your script yet? If not, for now will we need to manually change the "mdate" or "tdate" setting every so often to always get the newest trailers?
ii) Does the "downlimit" parameter only govern how many trailers are downloaded each time, or the total size of the /trailers folder? Ie. do we have to manually delete watched trailers for now?
iii) Any chance you could share a sample .bat file for your script that can be run as a scheduled task in Windows?

Thanks you so so much to both of you (and everyone else involved in HTE's greatness!) I was really sad when the trailers started buffering into hell, but now thanks to your efforts I am so happy that I can be up and running again Smile

- Therms - 2010-01-15

kiboy6 Wrote:Second for Therms:

i) Is the rolling update feature working in your script yet? If not, for now will we need to manually change the "mdate" or "tdate" setting every so often to always get the newest trailers?
ii) Does the "downlimit" parameter only govern how many trailers are downloaded each time, or the total size of the /trailers folder? Ie. do we have to manually delete watched trailers for now?
iii) Any chance you could share a sample .bat file for your script that can be run as a scheduled task in Windows?

Thanks you so so much to both of you (and everyone else involved in HTE's greatness!) I was really sad when the trailers started buffering into hell, but now thanks to your efforts I am so happy that I can be up and running again Smile

1. Haven't implemented the "rolling updates" feature.
2. Downlimit governs how much is downloaded each time the script is run. Rember that ATD keeps a database of downloaded trailers, so in the simplest scenario you can just run a command line like "atd.exe". This will download all the trailers. Next time you run "atd.exe" it will only download trailers it didnt' download last time. That is always the case. So, if you run it each time with "--downlimit 1GB", each time it will download 1GB worth of trailers until it's caught up with all available trailers, then each time after that it will only download new trailers (up to 1GB worth...if there's 1GB worth of trailers depends on how often you run atd).
3. You shouldn't need a batch file. Just set atd.exe to run once a day or whatever.

In other news, I'm not sure how you ever streamed HD trailers from Apple if your internet connection is only 1.5mbit.

For example, a 1080p trailer is on average around 150MB. The average trailer is maybe 120 seconds long.
150MB/120seconds = 1.25MB/second
1.25MB/second = 10 megabits per second

That means you have to do a LOT of buffering to stream on a 1.5megabit connection.

- mccorkled - 2010-01-16

Steveb Wrote:Each movies nfo mpaa tag should correspond to the movies classification,
Better to re-scrape your movie collection with a decent media manager.
Then update the movieDB (remove movie source and library info, then add the movie source back again, set content and rescan).

ps The <certification></certification> tag in your nfo's is useless, not used by XBMC.

EDIT: If you happen to use Ember, go to settings-Scraper Data and select the options tab, select use Certification language "USA" and make sure the "Use certification for MPAA" is NOT ticked. Then you can scrape/all movies/NFO only then update movieDB as above.
or switch to Media Companion Wink if you select USA in the movie scraper preferences it will populate the mpaa tag with G,PG,PG-13,R etc. much better in my opinion.

Im using MiP because its the only one I know of that works for both TV and Movies.

- User 55003 - 2010-01-16

mccorkled Wrote:Im using MiP because its the only one I know of that works for both TV and Movies.

Media Companion does Movies & TV
Grab the latest version here.
http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/

- mccorkled - 2010-01-16

ay thanks

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-16

Therms Wrote:1. Haven't implemented the "rolling updates" feature.
2. Downlimit governs how much is downloaded each time the script is run. Rember that ATD keeps a database of downloaded trailers, so in the simplest scenario you can just run a command line like "atd.exe". This will download all the trailers. Next time you run "atd.exe" it will only download trailers it didnt' download last time. That is always the case. So, if you run it each time with "--downlimit 1GB", each time it will download 1GB worth of trailers until it's caught up with all available trailers, then each time after that it will only download new trailers (up to 1GB worth...if there's 1GB worth of trailers depends on how often you run atd).
3. You shouldn't need a batch file. Just set atd.exe to run once a day or whatever.

In other news, I'm not sure how you ever streamed HD trailers from Apple if your internet connection is only 1.5mbit.

For example, a 1080p trailer is on average around 150MB. The average trailer is maybe 120 seconds long.
150MB/120seconds = 1.25MB/second
1.25MB/second = 10 megabits per second

That means you have to do a LOT of buffering to stream on a 1.5megabit connection.

Thanks so much fro the helpful answers Smile

1. / 2.) Got it - makes sense Smile So until that "rolling update" feature is implemented should we manually delete trailers if the size of that folder is getting out of hand?

3.) Cool - so is the easiest way to run our chosen parameters through the scheduled tasks in windows?

BTW, I made a mistake reporting my connection speed earlier...just checked it with speedtest and it reports 13.94 Mb/s ! ........That should be plenty for 720p trailer streaming. Do we all think Apple is just not providing enough bandwidth at their end?

Thanks so much!

----edit---- having a few probs with the script...posted comments on your page Smile
http://blog.contriving.net/2009/12/26/apple-trailer-downloader/

And one more Q about the script and HTE - will HTE's "watched trailers" list still function with the locally downloaded trailers? And if so would that require each trailer to have an nfo? Thanks!