Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- FenceMan - 2010-01-21

First of all thank you for the script, this is one of the best ideas ever.

This may have been asked before, thread is very long, but is there a way to hide the pop up boxes that happen while the script is loading the playlist and pop up between videos? Thanks.

- dbldown768 - 2010-01-21

messywrk Wrote:you seem to have the same problem, that I'm having since yesterday..

there is an "XBMC" appended to your path - look right at your logfile:

.. is anyone willing to explain to us why that happens and what possible we could do?
- except for duplicating the whole folder - which is my solution for now.. Wink

Wow, I must been loosing it. Thanks for the tip, I don't see what your talking about. I did see your post earlier mentioning this problem. If you could help clarify, I would appreciate it. ~/HTE/Ratings does translate to /home/xbmc/HTE/Rating.

There are a few other things that I would like to point out to maybe help the problem. First off, all of my media is store on a different pc (movies, tv, etc). The ratings files are stored on my local xbmc pc. In the configuration of the script, i needed to create a new video library that pointed to this local folder before the HTE script configuration would let me choose that location.

I did see on the first page, that all ratings content should be the form of .avi? My content is in the .png format?
1) Do I need to rename these files? I have tried and that did not seem to work?
2) Can still images just be displayed for a few sec?
3) If images cannot be stored, do these ratings files need to just be a small avi clip instead?

- messywrk - 2010-01-21

..regarding the "trivia problem" on the last page:

I am beginning to hate finding the solution just a few moments after posting the forums (.. and i've tried a few hours beforehand of course) .. BUT:

the problem is/was (xbmcscript_trivia.py):
Quote: if ( slidesxml_exists and mpaa_ratings.get( self.mpaa, -1 ) < mpaa_ratings.get( mpaa, -1 ) ):
print "skipping whole folder", path
continue

My Movies are not rated with the mpaa ratings (G, PG, etc.) - so the script could'nt calculate the if clause properly and skipped every folder..
..just remove that from the .py - if you're having the same problem. Smile

- messywrk - 2010-01-21

dbldown768 Wrote:~/HTE/Ratings does translate to /home/xbmc/HTE/Rating.

oopsy, OK.
I thought it was translating to /home/HTE/rating.. had that problem with an appended "xbmc" to the path and so... Wink

Quote:2) Can still images just be displayed for a few sec?
3) If images cannot be stored, do these ratings files need to just be a small avi clip instead?

Actually I have read that for the ratings an image is not possible, since when the video playlist has been started for one time, it is not possible for the script to play anything else than videos.

Try putting some .avis in that Folder named "U", "NR", "PG", etc.

- messywrk - 2010-01-21

FenceMan Wrote:First of all thank you for the script, this is one of the best ideas ever.

This may have been asked before, thread is very long, but is there a way to hide the pop up boxes that happen while the script is loading the playlist and pop up between videos? Thanks.

yepp, has been asked before. Wink

use local cached videos (trailer download) - then there is no caching inbetween, ergo no popup boxes.

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-21

messywrk Wrote:..regarding the "trivia problem" on the last page:

I am beginning to hate finding the solution just a few moments after posting the forums (.. and i've tried a few hours beforehand of course) .. BUT:

the problem is/was (xbmcscript_trivia.py):

My Movies are not rated with the mpaa ratings (G, PG, etc.) - so the script could'nt calculate the if clause properly and skipped every folder..
..just remove that from the .py - if you're having the same problem. Smile
The rating of your chosen movie and the slide ratings are completely unrelated. Within the script settings you specify a maximum rating for slides (to easily show only cartoon slides before a kids' movie, for example.)

The "Rating" field in slides.xml is, I believe, required. If you don't want to use this functionality, you should put Rating="N/A" in your slides.xml.

- FenceMan - 2010-01-21

messywrk Wrote:yepp, has been asked before. Wink

use local cached videos (trailer download) - then there is no caching inbetween, ergo no popup boxes.

So it will download to my local HD automatically? Is there more configuration needed? Thanks.

- messywrk - 2010-01-21

Juanflaco Wrote:The rating of your chosen movie and the slide ratings are completely unrelated. ..

The "Rating" field in slides.xml is, I believe, required. If you don't want to use this functionality, you should put Rating="N/A" in your slides.xml.

This is totally correct for users which either have correct MPAA rated Movies, or don't have anything rated at all.("N/A").

In my case I have German Movie Ratings (FSK 6, FSK 12, FSK 18,..) which seems to break the .py script in the "select case" statement a few lines above my quoted part.. Then the if simply breaks apart and sends every Folder to Hell.. Wink This happens regardless of it's rating, even when rating feature is completely turned off in the script settings.

I am aware my hack looses this functionality of the script. But I don't need rated slides anyways and it wouldn't have worked any other way - except for me merging to US-Ratings.

- messywrk - 2010-01-21

FenceMan Wrote:So it will download to my local HD automatically? Is there more configuration needed? Thanks.

I'm sorry, i don't really know - because I've choosen another way to download them which seemed handier to me in the first place.. Wink

There is a script/programm called "ATD" in this Thread somewhere (newest release: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=482655&postcount=418) which Downloads all Trailers from Apple via CMD-line. It's kinda really simple and you can choose how many, from what date and the resolution.

I suggest you read the posts from Therms on the ATD to get going Big Grin

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-22

messywrk Wrote:This is totally correct for users which either have correct MPAA rated Movies, or don't have anything rated at all.("N/A").

In my case I have German Movie Ratings (FSK 6, FSK 12, FSK 18,..) which seems to break the .py script in the "select case" statement a few lines above my quoted part.. Then the if simply breaks apart and sends every Folder to Hell.. Wink This happens regardless of it's rating, even when rating feature is completely turned off in the script settings.

I am aware my hack looses this functionality of the script. But I don't need rated slides anyways and it wouldn't have worked any other way - except for me merging to US-Ratings.
I think we're miscommunicating. There is NO CONNECTION between the rating of your movie and any trivia functionality whatsoever, your movies can be rated in english, german, or ancient hieroglyph and the slideshow rating functionality will work.

The only element of this script related to your movie rating is the playing of a rating video (R.avi, etc.) before the feature. In which case I'm pretty sure your movie ratings will need to match the expected (PG, PG-13,R, etc.)

When you say you had to edit the script or it "wouldn't have worked any other way" I don't think you're correct. If you simply add Rating = "N/A" to your slides.xml you should be good to go (then you won't have to worry about editing the script again when new versions are released.)

I hope this helps; again it's completely distinct - you can queue an "R" rated feature, but set your trivia rating to "PG" and you'll see a bunch of G & PG rated slides before the feature.

- dbldown768 - 2010-01-22

Thanks for the help. I got the ratings working now. i guess it cannot play stills and needs a movie file. Now I am working on understanding how to get the dolby/dts videos to play. Most of my files are in AC-3 Dolby digital. Does the files in that directory have to match just the like ratings folder (i.e. R.avi / AC-3.avi )?

EDIT: One other thing I wanted to mentioned, was this scripts is great. And to all the hard work of everyone putting together these great clips to use with it. The funny thing, I didnt think I would use this script at first and now I can't get enough of tweaking it! Thanks again!

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-22

messywrk Wrote:I'm sorry, i don't really know - because I've choosen another way to download them which seemed handier to me in the first place.. Wink

There is a script/programm called "ATD" in this Thread somewhere (newest release: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=482655&postcount=418) which Downloads all Trailers from Apple via CMD-line. It's kinda really simple and you can choose how many, from what date and the resolution.

I suggest you read the posts from Therms on the ATD to get going Big Grin

This solution does work great.....however for me HTE script will not remember watched status for local trailers....

So it can be pretty annnoying seeing the same trailer again and again.

Can anyone else confirm this problem?

Thanks!

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-22

dbldown768 Wrote:Now I am working on understanding how to get the dolby/dts videos to play. Most of my files are in AC-3 Dolby digital. Does the files in that directory have to match just the like ratings folder (i.e. R.avi / AC-3.avi )?
The Dolby/DTS/Other videos can be any playable format, and can be named anything you like. The only requirement is that you specify the "Dolby/DTS" folder in the script settings, and within this designated folder you have three subdirectories named "Dolby", "DTS" and "Other" which each contain the clip(s) you'd like to play for that audio format. See the first post of this thread for a visual of the directory structure.

- jjwalker - 2010-01-22

Hello,

I have been an XBMC user for over a year recently I upgrade my hardware and went to Windows 7 platform. Previously I had XP and running build 24114 DX I had the Andyblac aeon (showmix) skin with the previous version of HTE I never had any issues running the script with my previous setup. I now installed the Camelot version, using the Andyblac aeon (showmix) I have the newest SVN and install the latest version of HTE. I then went to the script settings and set it up as per my previous version (2 random streaming trailers, 720, with a feature presentation clip). When I go to run HTE it starts running I then get a message saying home theater experience is setting up the playlist and then nothing happens I don't even get an error message. I tried to run a debug log but nothing happens. I went through this thread and could not find any issue similar to mine. I was unable to confirm if this new version of HTE runs on the ANDYBLAC Skin but did confirm it runs on confluence so tried reinstalling the HTE script with confluence but the same thing happen. I have no clue what to do. I have everything back to the way it was with the exception of the HTE script which is very important to complete my XBMC setup. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated XBMC is not the same with out this script. please help

Thanks in advance

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-22

jjwalker Wrote:Hello,

I have been an XBMC user for over a year recently I upgrade my hardware and went to Windows 7 platform. Previously I had XP and running build 24114 DX I had the Andyblac aeon (showmix) skin with the previous version of HTE I never had any issues running the script with my previous setup. I now installed the Camelot version, using the Andyblac aeon (showmix) I have the newest SVN and install the latest version of HTE. I then went to the script settings and set it up as per my previous version (2 random streaming trailers, 720, with a feature presentation clip). When I go to run HTE it starts running I then get a message saying home theater experience is setting up the playlist and then nothing happens I don't even get an error message. I tried to run a debug log but nothing happens. I went through this thread and could not find any issue similar to mine. I was unable to confirm if this new version of HTE runs on the ANDYBLAC Skin but did confirm it runs on confluence so tried reinstalling the HTE script with confluence but the same thing happen. I have no clue what to do. I have everything back to the way it was with the exception of the HTE script which is very important to complete my XBMC setup. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated XBMC is not the same with out this script. please help

Thanks in advance
I had a similar problem while experimenting with a nightly xbmc build so I went back to the latest stable Camelot and everything is back to normal.